Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did someone say 'no rationed medical care'?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Default Did someone say 'no rationed medical care'?

hardest part, how to say no

From an economic perspective, health reform will fail if we can’t sometimes push back against the try-anything instinct. The new agencies will be hounded by accusations of rationing, and Medicare’s long-term budget deficit will grow.

So figuring out how we can say no may be the single toughest and most important task facing the people who will be in charge of carrying out reform. “Being able to say no,” Dr. Alan Garber of Stanford says, “is the heart of the issue.”
    just don't say 'death panels'.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    hardest part, how to say no

just don't say 'death panels'.
    Yeah, because the lemming's on this site who blindly supported this bill don't understand saying no and death panels are one in the same!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Did either of you actually read that piece?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

i had a thread about krugman saying death panels will save money....it of course was roundly ignored by libs

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    Yeah, because the lemming's on this site who blindly supported this bill don't understand saying no and death panels are one in the same!
    Then you agree we currently have a system of privatized death panels?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    no. that's not accurate.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yes. That crazy instinct of trying anything to save lives.

why do liberals hate humans? oh yeah. they're population control freak genociders.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am 100% certain that eventually they will limit what health services people get. We got a preview a couple months ago with the breast exam thing.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Chapdog View Post
    I am 100% certain that eventually they will limit what health services people get. We got a preview a couple months ago with the breast exam thing.
    ....and where are they going to get the doctors and nurses to cover everyone? India?
    McCain to Obama. "If you don't like our bill, send troops to help us."

Obama, himself attempted to filibuster Justice Alito, who now sits on the Supreme Court.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    No, we have a system of choice where people can buy insurance where they agree to specific rules when they buy it. We have a government that can and does regulate these private companies. We also have charitable organiztions that aid people who need treatment. We have Not For Profit hospitals that care for children with devestating illnesses FREE OF CHARGE to parents who have no insurance.

I have had to appeal to my state insurance regulator twice in the last 5 years. Once for a life insurance policy and once for an auto policy....both times I went through the very simple and easy to understand proccess, I won.

The government, on the other hand in selling this boondoggel, were emphatic that there would be no death panels...aka denial of service, and that people's private insurance would not change and in fact that they'd save money. It was all a lie and stupid lemming's that are nothing but party hacks, jumped on that bandwagon.

Health care reform could have been done smartly at little to no cost, but that would not have given 1/6 of the US economy to the feds...and THAT is why it was done the OBAMA way!
    Last edited by Canceled2; 04-08-2010 at 03:42 PM.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TuTu Monroe View Post
    ....and where are they going to get the doctors and nurses to cover everyone? India?
    India and Pakistan has some of the best doctors in the world, they have been many working for the NHS over several decades.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,676 Times in 7,368 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    No, we have a system of choice where people can buy insurance where they agree to specific rules when they buy it. We have a government that can and does regulate these private companies. We also have charitable organiztions that aid people who need treatment. We have Not For Profit hospitals that care for children with devestating illnesses FREE OF CHARGE to parents who have no insurance.

I have had to appeal to my state insurance regulator twice in the last 5 years. Once for a life insurance policy and once for an auto policy....both times I went through the very simple and easy to understand proccess, I won.

The government, on the other hand in selling this boondoggel, were emphatic that there would be no death panels...aka denial of service, and that people's private insurance would not change and in fact that they'd save money. It was all a lie and stupid lemming's that are nothing but party hacks, jumped on that bandwagon.

Health care reform could have been done smartly at little to no cost, but that would not have given 1/6 of the US economy to the feds...and THAT is why it was done the OBAMA way!

More spin from the Spin Queen!

Of course she's happy with privatized death panels...that's why all she did was sit on her thumbs and whine while some in this country tried to reform the status quo.

Of course NOW she's got all these great "no cost" ideas for reforming health insurance , but where was she and everyone else in the party of NO when healthcare was REALLY being debated?

Sitting on their well fed asses, shouting down anyone trying to engage in reasonable discussion.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    More spin from the Spin Queen!

Of course she's happy with privatized death panels...that's why all she did was sit on her thumbs and whine while some in this country tried to reform the status quo.

Of course NOW she's got all these great "no cost" ideas for reforming health insurance , but where was she and everyone else in the party of NO when healthcare was REALLY being debated?

Sitting on their well fed asses, shouting down anyone trying to engage in reasonable discussion.
    In a totalitarian system, when the death panel rules, it is final.

The current system needs reform no doubt, but you fools are going in the wrong direction. Letting old people die and denying new treatments EN MASSE will be a main costcutting method if this travesty is not repealed immediately, which it will be.

You know now the insurance companies can point at the government death panel and say "look, the government is tying my hands". This is pro death fascism writ large.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Leave to the gluttonous zap to be envious that someone else might be well fed...don't worry ya porker my portions are small...you can still have everyones left-overs!

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tom prendergast View Post
    India and Pakistan has some of the best doctors in the world, they have been many working for the NHS over several decades.
    Oh yeah? The one's we have here can barely speak English. Talk about a big communications problem.
    McCain to Obama. "If you don't like our bill, send troops to help us."

Obama, himself attempted to filibuster Justice Alito, who now sits on the Supreme Court.