Thread: Guam May Tip Over: Dem Congressman

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Default Guam May Tip Over: Dem Congressman

During a recent House Armed Services Committee hearing, Democrat Congressman from Georgia Hank Johnson voiced concerns that the island of Guam may “tip over” due to an increase in American military personnel there.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- 3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv[/nomedia]

Addressing Adm. Robert Willard, who commands the Navy’s Pacific Fleet, [Rep. Hank] Johnson made a tippy motion with his hands and said sternly, “My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.”

Willard paused and said, “We don’t anticipate that.”

Currently, Guam has a population of about 175,000 people. The US military plans to add several thousand troops and their families to the island.

The Georgia Democrat, who had a pronounced slurring of speech and at times took pauses to get his thoughts together, rambled on about concerns for global warming and other inanities during his time at the microphone.

http://washingtonscene.thehill.com/i...er-and-capsize

So this is what happens when you smoke crack and pot and are a democrat in congress, worried about islands tipping over.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow, at least three threads on this. Where do you get your news and why are they always one day late?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

I saw it on Mathews last night. Hillarious
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by webbway View Post
    During a recent House Armed Services Committee hearing, Democrat Congressman from Georgia Hank Johnson voiced concerns that the island of Guam may tip over due to an increase in American military personnel there.

YouTube- 3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv

Addressing Adm. Robert Willard, who commands the Navys Pacific Fleet, [Rep. Hank] Johnson made a tippy motion with his hands and said sternly, My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.

Willard paused and said, We dont anticipate that.

Currently, Guam has a population of about 175,000 people. The US military plans to add several thousand troops and their families to the island.

The Georgia Democrat, who had a pronounced slurring of speech and at times took pauses to get his thoughts together, rambled on about concerns for global warming and other inanities during his time at the microphone.

http://washingtonscene.thehill.com/i...er-and-capsize

So this is what happens when you smoke crack and pot and are a democrat in congress, worried about islands tipping over.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Was the Admiral wiping tears of laughter from his left eye?
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

5. #5 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Everyone seemed to be keeping a straight face, which was impressive.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Everyone seemed to be keeping a straight face, which was impressive.
    very impressive. Had I been there I would have laughed... and mocked... and laughed... and mocked... etc....
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    very impressive. Had I been there I would have laughed... and mocked... and laughed... and mocked... etc....
    Yeah, I would have had a hard time not directly saying... "Um... Are you serious?" Right before I laughed long and hard then said something like, "Can we get somebody in here who passed elementary school or do I have to take questions like this?"
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle