Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I'd like to give a hearty welcome to Sir Evil...

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles
    It may be the enlisted didn't speak freely in front of the Officers... I know we didn't. No matter how much they pretended to be our buddies.
    I never pretended to by anybody's "buddy". If you were "on my team" I would bend over backwards to help you with your career....if you weren't...I squashed you like a bug....and every sailor that ever worked for me knew that right up front.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maineman

the current leader attacking Iraq before they attack us again on our soil is a non sequitur....he would have had a more positive impact by attacking Costa Rica. Iraq didn't attack us... it was a secular baath regime that had as much to fear from the designs of AQ as we did.
    Tell me why AQ is all over their now? Tell me how long Iraq should of taking up time in the UN seeing as diplomacy was working so well? It was a well known fact that saddam would support families of suicide bombers, but I guess it was inconcievalble to think that would be any one that would dare come here to our soil and kill themselves right? It's always they didn't have nothing to do with this or that, there are no terrorists there, we only wanted their oil, but anyway yo wanna giftwrap it Iraq needed to be dealt with. Like I said earlier, Iran is now on the table of the awesome world body of the UN, should we hold out another 13 years of diplomacy and see what happens?

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

AQ is all over Iraq because WE are all over Iraq. And again.... Saddam supported palestinian nationalist terrorists.... not wahabbist terroroists. There are groups all over the world that don't play nice.... and most of them have nationalist objectives that do not involve the United States. Some of those groups we have supported inthe past....some of those groups have been supported by American citizens in the past.... all terrorists cannot be treated as our enemy....there are just too many of them...and I would LOVE to have a foreign policy that could comprehensively deal with Iran.... and Norht Korea....but we have been focusing on the failure in Iraq throsing good money after bad and have left the rest of the issues sitting on the back burner . Now we have ZERO credibility in the world and cannot exert influence we no longer have.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

and odd silence about that "ask Ollie North about Osama" bullshit I schooled your ass on?

poor form, Evil..... sad.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by maineman
    and odd silence about that "ask Ollie North about Osama" bullshit I schooled your ass on?

poor form, Evil..... sad.
    Nah, just got tired of listening to the stereotypical responses. I hung around a bit but you were the one who actually became silent.
    Ollie North or whoever, OBL was indeed in the scope at the time, you know it, I know it, everyone else knows it!

Schooled my ass?

maybe so on what terrorist groups are after what but the bottom line is a terrorist is a terrorist and they all deserve to be exterminated! If you care so much for what there causes are why not go join one, your cause sucks here!

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Evil
    Nah, just got tired of listening to the stereotypical responses. I hung around a bit but you were the one who actually became silent.
    Ollie North or whoever, OBL was indeed in the scope at the time, you know it, I know it, everyone else knows it!

Schooled my ass?

maybe so on what terrorist groups are after what but the bottom line is a terrorist is a terrorist and they all deserve to be exterminated! If you care so much for what there causes are why not go join one, your cause sucks here!
    don't tell me what I know. OBL was known...hell, we used to provide him with stinger missiles when he was our pal in the fight against the soviets. The FACT is that we did not know of any crimes he had committed against our country or our people in May of '96 when he left the Sudan... and therefore we had no justification whatsoever to take him into custody when the Sudan offered him up. And your bringing up old bullshit about Ollie North just shows how you let the idiots on talk radio tell you what to think.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,281 Times in 27,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Default .

I see that dixie - the last remaining defender of Bush talking points on iraq - has a new ally:

Neocon reason number 7.639 for their iraq war:

"We have to fight sunni insurgents, the shia mahdi army, and sectarian militias in Iraq, so we don't have to fight them on the streets of Kansas City!"

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm glad we have another con here. I don't think anybody but Dixie is for the war. Gonzo and SR are as well but they are a different case.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was actually reflecting on this last night over a well-deserved Marlboro, and I came to the conclusion that the war in Iraq was rather misguided and needless....however, I do not feel that we should just run....they need to produce a viable exit strategy that allows the US military (and world image) to maintain some dignity...

After all, we are the US, not France.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ok fair enough. I don't recommend leaving Iraq like it was a burning building but rather grabbing the keys and wallet and turning out the lights at a brisk pace.

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Evil

The radicals are spreading like wildfire and you are trying to give history lessons, I don't care if they are wahbo cabo, if they support terrorism they need to be eliminated!
    Okay, I expect you to patriotically report to your local euthenasia clinic for immediate elimination, forthwith, Wevil.
    "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."
    -- V

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by IHateGovernment
    ok fair enough. I don't recommend leaving Iraq like it was a burning building but rather grabbing the keys and wallet and turning out the lights at a brisk pace.
    Exactly.