Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG! Has Newt Gingrich lost his mind?

1. #1 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Default OMG! Has Newt Gingrich lost his mind?

The former speaker was quoted as saying "But former Republican House speaker Newt Gingrich said Obama and the Democrats will regret their decision to push for comprehensive reform. Calling the bill "the most radical social experiment . . . in modern times," Gingrich said: "They will have destroyed their party much as Lyndon Johnson shattered the Democratic Party for 40 years" with the enactment of civil rights legislation in the 1960s.""

WTF Newt?

http://ow.ly/1phY0

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

He's vying for teaparty leader
    they are living in the 80's still
    Obama will string together a nice run of asskickings on them prior to being reelected.
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    The former speaker was quoted as saying "But former Republican House speaker Newt Gingrich said Obama and the Democrats will regret their decision to push for comprehensive reform. Calling the bill "the most radical social experiment . . . in modern times," Gingrich said: "They will have destroyed their party much as Lyndon Johnson shattered the Democratic Party for 40 years" with the enactment of civil rights legislation in the 1960s.""

WTF Newt?

http://ow.ly/1phY0
    perhaps you are overlooking the fact that the Democratic party in the 60s OPPOSED the civil rights legislation

4. #4 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    perhaps you are overlooking the fact that the Democratic party in the 60s OPPOSED the civil rights legislation
    The reality of who did what for the civil rights movement does not matter in this discussion. Apparently Newt missed the same thing.

When you say: "They will have destroyed their party much as Lyndon Johnson shattered the Democratic Party for 40 years" with the enactment of civil rights legislation in the 1960s.", you are not doing the republican party any favors.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    What a devastating blow to Solitary's argument. Nice job.

6. #6 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    What a devastating blow to Solitary's argument. Nice job.
    Is your reading comprehension that bad or are you just that desperate to redeem yourself?

I did not say anything about who did or did not push through the civil rights legislation.

The point of this thread is that Newt Gingrich said "They will have destroyed their party much as Lyndon Johnson shattered the Democratic Party for 40 years" with the enactment of civil rights legislation in the 1960s.".

Your boy Newt said LBJ enacted the civil rights legislation. But what is even worse, he makes it sound as though the civil rights legislation was bad for the nation. Because Newt certainly isn't a fan of Obama's healthcare bill.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Is your reading comprehension that bad or are you just that desperate to redeem yourself?

I did not say anything about who did or did not push through the civil rights legislation.

The point of this thread is that Newt Gingrich said "They will have destroyed their party much as Lyndon Johnson shattered the Democratic Party for 40 years" with the enactment of civil rights legislation in the 1960s.".

Your boy Newt said LBJ enacted the civil rights legislation. But what is even worse, he makes it sound as though the civil rights legislation was bad for the nation. Because Newt certainly isn't a fan of Obama's healthcare bill.
    Newt has been saying this for quite some time fella. Of course when he said it before his statement began with "If this health care reform bill is approved".

This is only "news" to those who want to make a hysterical deal out of it. He's maintained the same posture on this fairly consistently.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Newt was shamed out for teabag behavior I'm glad his back to rule the teabaggers. Obama in a landslide in 2012

9. #9 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by usaloyal2theend View Post
    Newt has been saying this for quite some time fella. Of course when he said it before his statement began with "If this health care reform bill is approved".

This is only "news" to those who want to make a hysterical deal out of it. He's maintained the same posture on this fairly consistently.
    I guess I must have missed the news stories about Newt comparing this legislation to the civil rights legislation.

Silly me. I thought one was a huge step backward for our nation and the other a huge step forward.

I didn't think a high ranking republican would think both were bad.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

I guess I must have missed the news stories about Newt comparing this legislation to the civil rights legislation.

Silly me. I thought one was a huge step backward for our nation and the other a huge step forward.

I didn't think a high ranking republican would think both were bad.
    It's alright Solitary. When Newt has an opening for Press Secretary, submit your resume. Until then, I would suggest you stick with armchair quarterbacking and prognosticating what you think it all means.

You do it so well <<sarcasm throttle at full force>>

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    He's vying for teaparty leader
    they are living in the 80's still
    Obama will string together a nice run of asskickings on them prior to being reelected.
    Healthcare industry hit, next is oil (ie: climate bill) - that's you chuckles. Much as you want to spank Repubs over Iraq, you have to see that your support for Dems is going to hurt you more than anyone else on this board.

Whenever I see posts like this from you, it always reminds me of a certain quote:
    "The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them" - Lenin

"To argue against any breach of liberty from the ill use that may be made of it, is to argue against liberty itself, since all is capable of being abused." – Lord George Lyttleton (1709-1773)

Your children's future
    Total debt:

12. #12 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by usaloyal2theend View Post
    It's alright Solitary. When Newt has an opening for Press Secretary, submit your resume. Until then, I would suggest you stick with armchair quarterbacking and prognosticating what you think it all means.

You do it so well <<sarcasm throttle at full force>>
    Nice to see you addressing the issue I raised. <<sarcasm throttle at full force too>>

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingCondanomation View Post
    Healthcare industry hit, next is oil (ie: climate bill) - that's you chuckles. Much as you want to spank Repubs over Iraq, you have to see that your support for Dems is going to hurt you more than anyone else on this board.

Whenever I see posts like this from you, it always reminds me of a certain quote:
    Next is (translated to "NewSpeak" for y'all), "Comprehensive Immigration Reform"...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,903 Times in 21,665 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

One of the few great things done by LBJ was his support of the Civil Rights Movement!

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by KingCondanomation View Post

sure it's hit Junior. I just bought some merck and am have a nice gain already. And please tell me you don't think the tax will be added to the gas price. LOL
    And just cuase I strongly support the current dems, if we had repubs like Superfreak, Cawacko, damo and Chap leading things I'd prob be a republican.