Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Default Teaparty Supporters Mock man with Parkinsons

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just read that they went further than that: they called a congressman who intends to vote for the health legislation the "N" word to his face, and called Barney Frank a "faggot". Nice folks, those. Makes you want to be just like them, doesn't it?
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

??....they weren't mocking him because he had Parkinsons so far as I could see....

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They were throwing money at him. Calling him a communist because he wants healthcare so he doesn't go broke trying to take care of himself. That is so very American. The Teaparty has no tollerence for opposing views and no compassion for the ill.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    They were throwing money at him. Calling him a communist because he wants healthcare so he doesn't go broke trying to take care of himself. That is so very American. The Teaparty has no tollerence for opposing views and no compassion for the ill.
    /shrugs.....they would probably call every other person in favor of healthcare a communist as well.....doesn't have anything to do with Parkinsons.....

no tollerence for opposing views
    ???...I'm willing to tolerate your opposing view up until the point you try to make it a law that effects what I can do....at that point you can shove it....

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    /shrugs.....they would probably call every other person in favor of healthcare a communist as well.....doesn't have anything to do with Parkinsons.....

???...I'm willing to tolerate your opposing view up until the point you try to make it a law that effects what I can do....at that point you can shove it....
    This is the American system. Laws are foisted upon many of us every year we don't like. If you don't like it vote for someone else. But throwing things at a sick man because you don't like his point of view is grossly in violation of what our country was founded on. I feel like some of you are going to start another civil war over this. This is STUPID. You conservatives mocked the behavior of code pinkers and you look JUST LIKE THEM.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

what would you prefer, the nazi party?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    what would you prefer, the nazi party?
    what do you prefer, that people go bankrupt because of illness? I have a friend filing bankruptcy because he lost a leg and he HAD insurance. It still is breaking him. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. you teaparty members act like the system is fine. It's not.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

what do you prefer, that people go bankrupt because of illness? I have a friend filing bankruptcy because he lost a leg and he HAD insurance. It still is breaking him. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. you teaparty members act like the system is fine. It's not.
    i have a wife. she has a heart condition. it's genetic. we have no insurance. we have no insurance because they dropped us from our costs.

if we stopped benefitting the insurance companies and let the free market handle the issue, we just might be alright. that happy medium you're suggesting, of letting the government (who hasn't done anything right yet) control things is a recipe for disaster.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,718 Times in 4,154 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,364 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet

This is the American system. Laws are foisted upon many of us every year we don't like. If you don't like it vote for someone else. But throwing things at a sick man because you don't like his point of view is grossly in violation of what our country was founded on. I feel like some of you are going to start another civil war over this. This is STUPID. You conservatives mocked the behavior of code pinkers and you look JUST LIKE THEM.
    Don't you just love the excuses neocon parrots make for the vile actions and words that keep showing up at these Teabagger follies? They keep making veiled threats based on their willful ignorance and low information status (courtesy of Fox Noise, the WND, News Max, Hannity, Crowley, etc.)....with Boehner and company just ratcheting up the fear mongering and subsequent procedural threats against fellow Congressmen and Senators.

I seem to recall certain posters on these boards swearing up and down that "libs" were just exaggerating and distorting this mentality from the teabaggers. Thing is, I don't remember the Code Pinkers bringing guns to rallies or spitting on anyone or spewing racial slurs.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    i have a wife. she has a heart condition. it's genetic. we have no insurance. we have no insurance because they dropped us from our costs.

if we stopped benefitting the insurance companies and let the free market handle the issue, we just might be alright. that happy medium you're suggesting, of letting the government (who hasn't done anything right yet) control things is a recipe for disaster.
    The fallacy of the "free market" is demonstrated by an insurance community that wants to maintain it's exemption status from anti-trust laws.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

and I think you're blowing it out of proportion.....the guy walked up and sat down two feet away from the protesters.....he brought along a guy with a camera.....I think he was hoping for some kind of reaction........as far as "throwing things at a sick man" is concerned from watching the video it appears he threw money at him.....don't try to make it sound like he tried to hurt him.....

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Don't you just love the excuses neocon parrots make for the vile actions and words that keep showing up at these Teabagger follies?
    you know what, Touchie....I'm tired of your mindless shit.....you're a fucking idiot.....

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    Don't you just love the excuses neocon parrots make for the vile actions and words that keep showing up at these Teabagger follies?
    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you know what, Touchie....I'm tired of your mindless shit .....you're a fucking idiot.....
    Touched a nerve, didn't I, my little Post Modern Fool?

George Orwell