5 29.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Spicy Food

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Favorite Spicy Food

For some reason I am really craving spicy food this lunch. What's your favorite?

"To argue against any breach of liberty from the ill use that may be made of it, is to argue against liberty itself, since all is capable of being abused." – Lord George Lyttleton (1709-1773)

Your children's future
    Total debt:

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thai food.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingCondanomation View Post
    For some reason I am really craving spicy food this lunch. What's your favorite?

Grilled Louisiana Hotlinks with honey bbq, red onions pickle relish, Dijon, and a splash of ketchup on a toasted onion kaiser roll.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by usaloyal2theend View Post
    Grilled Louisiana Hotlinks with honey bbq, red onions pickle relish, Dijon, and a splash of ketchup on a toasted onion kaiser roll.
    Where do I order such a thing?

"To argue against any breach of liberty from the ill use that may be made of it, is to argue against liberty itself, since all is capable of being abused." – Lord George Lyttleton (1709-1773)

Your children's future
    Total debt:

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Thai food.
    I love Thai Red Curry, haven't had that in ages.

Your children's future
    Total debt:

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

At a BBQ place that does good southern BBQ.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I love Thai Red Curry, haven't had that in ages.
    I also like pad thai and many other dishes... Thai food is awesome.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

I swear when I posted, there wasn't a survey here. I make them on the grill myself. Buy the hotlinks from a good market (Whole Foods etc.) make the honey bbq sauce, and the the rest is purchased.

I love Thai food though.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Dano! How could you forget Salsa??
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

indian curry should be banned from the earth. it is the most disgusting, puke looking food of all time. It smells like B.O. I FUCKING HATE INDIAN CURRY

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I make a spicy ragu served on fresh homemade linquine that will scorch your shorts. I use scotch bonnets in making the ragu and I serve it like follows.

Pour a tbsp of olive oil in a hot skillet. Add two cayene peppers and sautee peppers till oil is infused. Remove peppers and add a tsp of chili paste, add 6 oz of cooked pasta and toss, add ragu sauce and toss in skillet until heated through.

I know it's probably considered culinary heresy but I'll have a jug of cold milk on hand as "the cure" so I can keep on torturing myself. This is not for the faint of heart!
    Last edited by Mott the Hoople; 03-11-2010 at 12:17 PM.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by INFINATETELEMORESE View Post
    indian curry should be banned from the earth. it is the most disgusting, puke looking food of all time. It smells like B.O. I FUCKING HATE INDIAN CURRY
    Don't hold back Grind. Let us know what you really think.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by INFINATETELEMORESE View Post
    haha, I actually did end up getting Indian today, the nearest Thai is too far and I was starving so I wanted something ready which the Indian buffet was.
    This was before I saw your post so don't take it personally.

I don't know though, I mean taco bell food looks about as much like puke as Indian and you can't tell me you don't like Nan bread and a good beef curry.

Your children's future
    Total debt:

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've had pretty spicy stuff like a complete side of jalapenos just by itself and whole bell peppers. The spiciest thing I ever had was sort of an accident, I was in England as a kid and went to some restaurant that had pizza, so I ordered pizza with hot peppers and the owner was like "are you sure?", which I thought was a little weird but I said yeah.
    So I start eating it and I don't know WTF kind of peppers were on there but they were not the regular hot peppers you get here, anyway I swear to God I was debating whether to go to the hospital and thought I was gonna pass out.

Makes me wonder today what they were or that maybe the guy doesn't really sell a lot of pizza or hot peppers aren't common topping in Britain so he just put whatever, I dunno.

Your children's future
    Total debt:

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Gimme some fiery gumbo, jambalaya or maybe some etouffee with a generous spashing of Tabasco on top...whhhhoooooo-eeeeeee!
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?