Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it the political climate?....

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default is it the political climate?....

is it just me or have others noticed our liberals are becoming increasingly shrill and idiotic......is it just spring fever or does the impending November election make them feel a bit frantic?.....

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

A right-winger has no right to call any other member of the human race "shrill".
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,087 Times in 25,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    is it just me or have others noticed our liberals are becoming increasingly shrill and idiotic......is it just spring fever or does the impending November election make them feel a bit frantic?.....
    It's just you.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nah, it's pretty apparent, especially in Watermark.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

As Christie said, "It's just you" and I think frantic more suitably describes the Cons. They wish it was already November because they know changes are coming before then. Health care being one of them.
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Good post.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post
    As Christie said, "It's just you" and I think frantic more suitably describes the Cons. They wish it was already November because they know changes are coming before then. Health care being one of them.
    If the health care passes the way it is presented now, it will be the Dems who will lose in November.
    McCain to Obama. "If you don't like our bill, send troops to help us."

Obama, himself attempted to filibuster Justice Alito, who now sits on the Supreme Court.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Dems are going to take a beating no matter what. If they drop the health bill they'll both be attacked for having crafted it and not have passed it at the same time. I don't think not passing it would even get them a tenth of a percentage point in the polls.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Seriously, you retards, do you really think anyone in America is going to be like "Hey, the Dems didn't pass UHC, that makes me want to vote for them."

This is why you aren't a political strategist.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bittermark View Post
    Seriously, you retards, do you really think anyone in America is going to be like "Hey, the Dems didn't pass UHC, that makes me want to vote for them."

This is why you aren't a political strategist.
    People whose Congressman made a better choice have a more likelihood of voting for an incumbent. It's not like they are voting for "The Dems" when Independents go to vote, they are looking for somebody who will pay attention and vote for their interest. At this time their interest lies in this bill not going forward.

Passing this will allow a larger "bloodbath" on election day than killing this purposefully and replaying this. Just make sure that on the replay they won't hide in the back rooms to pay graft in order to gain votes and you'll have a very different result. Play it all out on CSPAN, make sure it is open and you can build the exact same bill and have a very different result in polls.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    People whose Congressman made a better choice have a more likelihood of voting for an incumbent.
    220 Democrats already voted for the bill. 220 Democrats are going to get attacked for voting for the bill. 50 Democrats are probably going to get attacked even though they didn't vote for the bill. Passing it or not is not going to change that math.

Just make sure that on the replay they won't hide in the back rooms to pay graft in order to gain votes and you'll have a very different result. Play it all out on CSPAN, make sure it is open and you can build the exact same bill and have a very different result in polls.
    The senate bill they're creating right now would get rid of the pork to Nebraska and Louisiana. That was obviously a disaster of epic proportions, another reason Reid needs to be sacked and to retire (hopefully we can get Goodman to run in his stead - otherwise this is a Republican pickup).

Anyway, the negotiations were never particularly closed. That's just a Republican talking point.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

4th grade gin

On March 3, 2005, Goodman spoke to a group of fourth-graders at Jo Mackey Elementary School. When asked what he would take with him if marooned on a desert island, the mayor replied, "A showgirl and a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin." When asked about his hobbies, the mayor named drinking Bombay Sapphire Gin as a favorite. Later, when asked to comment about his statements, Goodman was unapologetic: "I'm the George Washington of mayors. I can't tell a lie. If they didn't want the answer, the kid shouldn't have asked the question." This caused an outcry from parents whose children heard the remark, and school officials said the remark was inappropriate. [4]

Ohmigod. I want this man in the US senate.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bittermark View Post
    Ohmigod. I want this man in the US senate.
    probably.....he's honestly an idiot......sounds like someone you would like.....as for myself, I would vote for the man who answered "a boat builder"......

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

People whose Congressman made a better choice have a more likelihood of voting for an incumbent. It's not like they are voting for "The Dems" when Independents go to vote, they are looking for somebody who will pay attention and vote for their interest. At this time their interest lies in this bill not going forward.

Passing this will allow a larger "bloodbath" on election day than killing this purposefully and replaying this. Just make sure that on the replay they won't hide in the back rooms to pay graft in order to gain votes and you'll have a very different result. Play it all out on CSPAN, make sure it is open and you can build the exact same bill and have a very different result in polls.
    Does it seem that Obama is becoming a bigger problem and that Bush is slowly going to the back burner, for the complaints.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

The libtards got what they wanted, complete control, and of course abused it, so will be spanked hard by the voters. Even Watermark admits this, which is why they are all shrill, due to fear and panic.