Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Irish shopping

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    47,970
    Thanks
    4,579
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    3,368
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

    Default Irish shopping

    McQuillan walked into a bar and ordered martini after martini, each time removing the olives and placing them in a jar. When the jar was filled with olives and all the drinks consumed, he started to leave.

    "S'cuse me," said a customer, who was puzzled over what McQuillan had done. "What was that all about?"

    "Nothing," he replied, "my wife just sent me out for a jar of olives."

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, AKA HEAVEN
    Posts
    30,818
    Thanks
    11,758
    Thanked 10,601 Times in 7,152 Posts
    Groans
    642
    Groaned 783 Times in 730 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    McQuillan walked into a bar and ordered martini after martini, each time removing the olives and placing them in a jar. When the jar was filled with olives and all the drinks consumed, he started to leave.

    "S'cuse me," said a customer, who was puzzled over what McQuillan had done. "What was that all about?"

    "Nothing," he replied, "my wife just sent me out for a jar of olives."
    Eh, it was funny, but us micks don't drink martinis.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    47,970
    Thanks
    4,579
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    3,368
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptBillyTheKid View Post
    Eh, it was funny, but us micks don't drink martinis.
    party pooper...does this one satisfy ye

    Jimy-Joe went to a pet shop and asked how many budgies were in stock. "We have 99" replied the shop owner "Give us the lot" said the Jimmy-Joe, paid for them and left. He went to a tailors shop and had 99 pockets sewn into a jacket, put a budgie in each pocket, went up to the Post Office Tower and jumped off.

    He hit the ground with an almighty smack and lay there groaning until a passer-by came and asked him what had happened. "I don't know sur" he replied "but that's the last time I try that budgie jumping"

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, AKA HEAVEN
    Posts
    30,818
    Thanks
    11,758
    Thanked 10,601 Times in 7,152 Posts
    Groans
    642
    Groaned 783 Times in 730 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    That'd be funnier to me if I knew what a budgie was. The only two uses I know are the old British metal band and my wife uses the word for parakeets.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

  5. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    47,970
    Thanks
    4,579
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    3,368
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptBillyTheKid View Post
    That'd be funnier to me if I knew what a budgie was. The only two uses I know are the old British metal band and my wife uses the word for parakeets.
    its a play on bungee jumping

  6. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, AKA HEAVEN
    Posts
    30,818
    Thanks
    11,758
    Thanked 10,601 Times in 7,152 Posts
    Groans
    642
    Groaned 783 Times in 730 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    its a play on bungee jumping
    I know, I got that. But like I said, I'd understand it better knowing what a budgie is.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

  7. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    61,320
    Thanks
    7,144
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    5,805
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    An Irish guy walked out of a bar.

  8. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    39,053
    Thanks
    3,463
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    1,184
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

    Default

    Two Irish queers: Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald.

  9. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93,873
    Thanks
    46,901
    Thanked 29,005 Times in 22,178 Posts
    Groans
    38,419
    Groaned 4,251 Times in 4,052 Posts
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptBillyTheKid View Post
    I know, I got that. But like I said, I'd understand it better knowing what a budgie is.
    A budgie is short for budgerigar.


    .

    An estimated 61-80,000 Americans died and 800,000 were hospitalised in the 2017-18 flu season, including the most virulent Type A version of H3N2, so why didn't you arseholes call for the total destruction of the world's economic system then? I hope you have plenty of time to ponder over that when you all lose your houses, jobs and relationships!

  10. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    42,898
    Thanks
    2,014
    Thanked 4,866 Times in 3,830 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 287 Times in 265 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    party pooper...does this one satisfy ye

    Jimy-Joe went to a pet shop and asked how many budgies were in stock. "We have 99" replied the shop owner "Give us the lot" said the Jimmy-Joe, paid for them and left. He went to a tailors shop and had 99 pockets sewn into a jacket, put a budgie in each pocket, went up to the Post Office Tower and jumped off.

    He hit the ground with an almighty smack and lay there groaning until a passer-by came and asked him what had happened. "I don't know sur" he replied "but that's the last time I try that budgie jumping"
    horrible.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    Obamagate is Operation Crossfire Hurricane

    internationalist fascism: the belief that the interests of multinational corporations should be the sole focus of all national trade polices.

  11. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    79,328
    Thanks
    1,980
    Thanked 11,473 Times in 7,508 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 457 Times in 425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptBillyTheKid View Post
    That'd be funnier to me if I knew what a budgie was. The only two uses I know are the old British metal band and my wife uses the word for parakeets.
    Because they are Budgies.

    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budgerigar"]Budgerigar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

  12. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,724
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 212 Times in 162 Posts
    Groans
    312
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptBillyTheKid View Post
    Eh, it was funny, but us micks don't drink martinis.

    Micks will drink practically anything if their normal fare is not available.

  13. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    39,053
    Thanks
    3,463
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    1,184
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usaloyal2theend View Post
    Micks will drink practically anything if their normal fare is not available.
    True, but I've only recently stopped drinking a martini every evening, becoming more partial to scotch.

  14. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93,873
    Thanks
    46,901
    Thanked 29,005 Times in 22,178 Posts
    Groans
    38,419
    Groaned 4,251 Times in 4,052 Posts
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Two Irish queers: Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald.
    Are they related to the well known Scots Ben Doon and Phil McCavity?
    .

    An estimated 61-80,000 Americans died and 800,000 were hospitalised in the 2017-18 flu season, including the most virulent Type A version of H3N2, so why didn't you arseholes call for the total destruction of the world's economic system then? I hope you have plenty of time to ponder over that when you all lose your houses, jobs and relationships!

  15. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,724
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 212 Times in 162 Posts
    Groans
    312
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    True, but I've only recently stopped drinking a martini every evening, becoming more partial to scotch.
    I know many Scotch drinkers. It is apparently an acquired taste.

    I prefer water. Ice cold water.

Similar Threads

  1. Car Shopping
    By /MSG/ in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 10:42 AM
  2. I was shopping on the web and found this...
    By uscitizen in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 10:21 AM
  3. There is no one as Irish as Barak O'Bama
    By evince in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 10:08 PM
  4. Shopping center parkjing lots full, economy is great!
    By uscitizen in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 10:08 PM
  5. Hillary's Irish claim a 'wee bit silly'
    By Onceler in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 02:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •