Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Islam is the Religion of Pinheads!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah , I never understood why an all powerful God would need the worship of puny humans.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah , I never understood why an all powerful God would need the worship of puny humans.

Insecurity... small penis probably...
    Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.

Friedrich Nietzsche

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually I think it is like dixie's predictions. You have to look at it in a mirror while hanging upside down to decipher it.
    Humans (most of them) need to worship something, God, if such a being exists needs no worship. just my opinion though.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Humans (most of them) need to worship something, God, if such a being exists needs no worship. just my opinion though.

Well, god is a human creation, so its obvious that we would transfer our little faults to our invented superman....

That's why god resembles a MEern local despot, like Saddam.....
    Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.

Friedrich Nietzsche

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah he did resemble Sadam, according to the old testament. The Ark was a WMD

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah he did resemble Sadam, according to the old testament. The Ark was a WMD

Good job there's no oil in heaven, else we'd be shock and awing the pearly gates.....

Friedrich Nietzsche

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And he paves his streets with gold. that is far too soft and will not hold up very well.
    hmm do I see some human influence here. It seems to me that god would need no gold either....

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And he paves his streets with gold. that is far too soft and will not hold up very well.
    hmm do I see some human influence here. It seems to me that god would need no gold either....

Everything about god is anthropomorphic....

Friedrich Nietzsche

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Darn! where is my dictionary....

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Anthropomorphism is the transfering of human characteristics to non-human things, like dressing monkeys in dinner jackets....

Friedrich Nietzsche

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

You pinheads seem to be making all sorts of things up, and completely missing what I actually posted. God doesn't need your money or worship, and I never claimed he did. To become a Christian, you must accept Christ, that is the only requirement. I went out of my way to explain, you don't have to go to church, there is no threshold for amount of time or money you devote to God, there is no mandate that you sing in the choir or have communion. God doesn't care whether you worship him or obey him, he gives you free will to do as you please, and he isn't going to send you to hell if you don't do enough to please him. If you commit sins against God, and forsake his word, and die before you repent your sins, you will burn for eternity in hell. This is not MY judgement, it's what he says he will do, and I believe him.

Speaking of "judgement" it's important to note, there is a distinct difference between judging and evaluating. In a court, there is a difference between what the jury does, and what the judge does, this illustrates the difference between objective evaluation of the facts, and actual judgement ruled. There is also a distinct difference between judging a persons character, and judging a persons heart and soul. God doesn't prohibit us from judging character, he actually mandates that we do so, he just forbids us from judging a persons soul, that's his job.

I challenge Prissy, or any of the rest of you pinheads, to find where I have ever determined that someone who says they are Christian are not Christian. I can't judge this, no matter how much I might suspect it or think it, I can't judge it, and I don't. I'll let God make that call, it's not up to me.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AnyOldIron View Post
    Anthropomorphism is the transfering of human characteristics to non-human things, like dressing monkeys in dinner jackets....
    Ohh so Bush is one of those then

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I challenge Prissy, or any of the rest of you pinheads, to find where I have ever determined that someone who says they are Christian are not Christian.

A true Christian would know and understand this, and you apparently don't.
    Ahem....

Friedrich Nietzsche

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is not MY judgement, it's what he says he will do, and I believe him.

Yeah, you'd better be a good boy else your Saddam-in-the-sky will be pissed off with you....

Friedrich Nietzsche

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Heaven is not a physical place, so why do you assume physical properties exist in a non-physical place? Christians through the years, have found ways to illustrate what heaven might look like, to attempt to convey a worldly picture of the Kingdom of Heaven. 'Streets of gold' is just a way to do this, in a way that mortal humans can comprehend. We simply can't comprehend the perfection of Heaven, it's beyond anything we understand in this physical world, there is nothing that can compare or describe something we simply can't comprehend.

As for your idiocy about the properties of gold being too soft for a road, it is substantially harder than asphalt. Since riches and wealth will mean absolutely nothing in the Kingdom of Heaven, it makes sense that gold would be used for something as trivial as paving the streets.