Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Small Business plus Empathy

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

Default Small Business plus Empathy

We all agree government should do what it can to help promote small business. Here's a unique idea.

(Excerpt) Two psychics have been given government funding to teach people how to “communicate with the dead”.

Paul and Deborah Rees have been awarded £4,500 under the Government’s Want2Work job creation scheme, reports the Daily Telegraph.

The couple, from Bridgend, south Wales, will use it to instruct people on how to contact friends and relatives “on the other side”.

Critics are astonished at the award by the Department of Work and Pensions bureaucrats, and the Welsh Assembly has launched an investigation.

The mediums insist the “mere £4,500″ ($7300 US) of public money will be put to good use at their centre, the Accolade Academy of Psychic and Mediumistic Studies.

Mr Rees, 40, a former upholsterer, said: “People who have lost mums and dads or a child deserve all the respect in the world in their grieving,and they deserve a medium who can give them respect.

“Our job is to provide substantial evidence to bring ease to people’s grieving –and that’s what I would say to people who query the award.”

Mr Rees said he had his 37-year-old wife had to negotiate “a lot of red tape” to secure the grant, which is intended to help start-up businesses.

“They hadn’t invested in psychics before so we really had to prove ourselves,” he said.

But Tory Welsh Assembly member Jonathan Morgan said: “It is an utter disgrace that taxpayers’ money is being wasted and given to an organisation that believes it can teach people how to communicate with the dead.” (END)http://rashmanly.wordpress.com/2009/...nge-for-money/
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

What's your angle here?

Are you saying caring about small business is as stupid as using taxpayer money for mediumship?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    What's your angle here?

Are you saying caring about small business is as stupid as using taxpayer money for mediumship?
    Nooooooooo. We all know small business people are the most altruistic folks there are.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post
    Nooooooooo. We all know small business people are the most altruistic folks there are.
    So it is a swipe at small business? Few small businesses rely on psychic powers as part of their business model.

You = phaild.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

We all agree government should do what it can to help promote small business. Here's a unique idea.

(Excerpt) Two psychics have been given government funding to teach people how to “communicate with the dead”.

Paul and Deborah Rees have been awarded £4,500 under the Government’s Want2Work job creation scheme, reports the Daily Telegraph.

The couple, from Bridgend, south Wales, will use it to instruct people on how to contact friends and relatives “on the other side”.

Critics are astonished at the award by the Department of Work and Pensions bureaucrats, and the Welsh Assembly has launched an investigation.

The mediums insist the “mere £4,500″ ($7300 US) of public money will be put to good use at their centre, the Accolade Academy of Psychic and Mediumistic Studies.

Mr Rees, 40, a former upholsterer, said: “People who have lost mums and dads or a child deserve all the respect in the world in their grieving,and they deserve a medium who can give them respect.

“Our job is to provide substantial evidence to bring ease to people’s grieving –and that’s what I would say to people who query the award.”

Mr Rees said he had his 37-year-old wife had to negotiate “a lot of red tape” to secure the grant, which is intended to help start-up businesses.

“They hadn’t invested in psychics before so we really had to prove ourselves,” he said.

But Tory Welsh Assembly member Jonathan Morgan said: “It is an utter disgrace that taxpayers’ money is being wasted and given to an organisation that believes it can teach people how to communicate with the dead.” (END)http://rashmanly.wordpress.com/2009/...nge-for-money/
    I wonder what they had to do to "prove" themselves.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Keep bad mouthing small business. You will win elections over and over.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

the criteria for providing funding of small businesses isn't the level of their altruism, it's the level of job creation......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Keep bad mouthing small business. You will win elections over and over.
    Do tell us; when you're shopping for large ticket items like, say, a refrigerator do you purchase it from a large company or a "small business" with a "New and Used Kitchen Appliances" sign pasted in their window?

When you're in the market for a large screen TV do you go to a reputable, large business or a "small business" which has a picture of old fashioned radio tubes hanging in their window?

Have you ever purchased an item from a "small business" and tried to return it?

Maybe next time you're car shopping avoid dealerships and give your business to the guy who has a trailer set up on an empty lot with a few cars parked in front.

Do you support small business?

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do tell us; when you're shopping for large ticket items like, say, a refrigerator do you purchase it from a large company or a "small business" with a "New and Used Kitchen Appliances" sign pasted in their window?

When you're in the market for a large screen TV do you go to a reputable, large business or a "small business" which has a picture of old fashioned radio tubes hanging in their window?

Have you ever purchased an item from a "small business" and tried to return it?

Maybe next time you're car shopping avoid dealerships and give your business to the guy who has a trailer set up on an empty lot with a few cars parked in front.

Do you support small business?

I support small businesses. I know you're a fascist and hate regular people with small businesses and love illuminati operated international corporations who are hostile to all actual communities of human beings.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My hope is that they make it a plank on their platform. 70% of the business in the USA is small business. Most people are employed by a small business... Yeah, that's a winning strategy. The small business is evil strategy should be taken up, put on the platform and all Democrats should run on that.

I think you should e-mail your Senator, Apple. Tell them about this new strategy you dreamed up! It's a real winner for the nation. Nationalize it, live it, breathe it... the nation will LOVE it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The cap and trade is also an antihuman strategy they should keep championing to guarantee their ultimate demise.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The cap and trade is also an antihuman strategy they should keep championing to guarantee their ultimate demise.
    I hope that Obama makes it the next legislative priority and does the same "pass anything and we'll 'fix' it later" strategy that is so clearly popular with the citizens...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I support small businesses. I know you're a fascist and hate regular people with small businesses and love illuminati operated international corporations who are hostile to all actual communities of human beings.
    "international corporations who are hostile"

My goodness! What did they ever do to you?

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"international corporations who are hostile"

My goodness! What did they ever do to you?
    They sold him a refrigerator made in China by slave labor and designed to be poisonous in some way.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    My hope is that they make it a plank on their platform. 70% of the business in the USA is small business. Most people are employed by a small business... Yeah, that's a winning strategy. The small business is evil strategy should be taken up, put on the platform and all Democrats should run on that.

I think you should e-mail your Senator, Apple. Tell them about this new strategy you dreamed up! It's a real winner for the nation. Nationalize it, live it, breathe it... the nation will LOVE it.
    I'm referring to "small" business as in a one or two man operation. I believe "small business" can include businesses having up to 100 employees. Not exactly small.

My objection is to grants and subsidies for those one and two man operations which is nothing more than giving the person money. While some small businesses do go on to become large businesses most never stay in business for 5 years.