Thread: Viva La Revolution?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,309 Times in 14,058 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default Viva La Revolution?

A buddy posted this on the Rivals mainboard (which is a football board thus was OT) but thought it was pretty good and expressed sentiments many people share. It probably expresses the feelings a lot of people at the tea parties feel as well.

There are certain principles that conservatives and liberals fight for and will stand up for but then when it comes to Republicans and Democrats it seems there are very few principles just a win at any cost mindset.

OT-Will there be a revolution in our lifetime?

Gotta be honest, it just seems Americans are getting fed up with both sides.
    We havea a Republican party that has been taken over by the Christian Coalition. No abortion, extremist in views, etc.

We have the Democratic party which has been hijacked by the ultra Liberals. Pelosi is just not what I grew up with knowing what Dems were.
    If you want to see what is wrong with ultra libs running something for an extended period of time, look at California's economy.

It seems as both parties are so extreme that the average person just stands in the middle and is forced to chose. I am fiscally conservative so I would classify as Republican. However I want no part of that christian folk singing group on the right.
    I support the environment and any social program that we can afford. However, I want be nowhere near Pelosi and that wild spending group, nor do I believe that unions are worth a crap anymore.

I think I face a plight similar to most americans in that I really dont have a party anymore that represents me.
    The Pubs and Dems have done a wonderful job of playing the other party as the proverbial Bogeyman to keep their followers in line. Quite honestly, it is not that much different than how Russia and the USA used to do to justify actions back in the day when they were the only 2 superpowers in the world.

I think the average american is frustrated with back room deals, special interest spending, protection of the upper class, protection of unions, etc.

I know there has to be some sort of military support in all this one day, but I wonder if that day is coming soon. I just believe that eventually the people might turn on the government and attempt to make a new government. The present government with the Constitutional abuse that has gone on is nowhere near what our founding fathers had attended.

Just my opinion.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...d=2208&style=2

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 90 Posts

I agree the two major parties have become to corupt to be effective governance. Time for the third parties to stepup to the plate.
    Peace Love and Light Wanderingbear

http://www.hippieland.net