Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: French P*ssies

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default French Marriage Laws

This is awesome! So if your wife asks you if she looks good in her jeans you're f'd because if you say no she looks big in them you are breaking the law by insulting her and if you lie and say yes you are breaking the law by lying to her.

Shouting at your wife may get you a criminal record in France

Married couples in France could end up with criminal records for insulting each other during arguments.

Under a new law, France is to become the first country in the world to ban ' psychological violence' within marriage.

The law would apply to cohabiting couples and to both men and women

It would cover men who shout at their wives and women who hurl abuse at their husbands - although it was not clear last night if nagging would be viewed as breaking the law.

The law is expected to cover every kind of insult including repeated rude remarks about a partner's appearance, false allegations of infidelity and threats of physical violence.

Police are being urged to issue a caution in the first instance, but repeat offenders could face a fine, a restraining order or even jail.

Critics said the measure was a gimmick produced in response to lobbying by feminists and would be impossible to implement.

But French premier Francois Fillon, who announced the law, said: 'The creation of this offence will allow us to deal with the most insidious situations - situations that leave no visible scars, but which leave victims torn up inside.'

Many believe the offence will be impossible to prove. Psychologist Anne Giraud said: 'Squabbling couples will allege all kinds of things about each other, but often it will be a case of one person's word against the other.'

Sociologist Pierre Bonnet said: 'The next step will be to make rudeness a criminal offence. The police and courts will be over-stretched trying to deal with numerous cases.'

A spokesman for Mr Fillon said the law was supported by the government, and was likely to be implemented within six months.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...marriages.html
    Last edited by cawacko; 01-05-2010 at 10:15 PM.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,814 Times in 27,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

But French premier Francois Fillon, who announced the law, said: 'The creation of this offence will allow us to deal with the most insidious situations - situations that leave no visible scars, but which leave victims torn up inside.'
    I don't see why this is allegedly so lame. Psychological abuse can be as destructive as physical abuse. I don't think, in principle, this is a bad idea. Obviously, it doesn't sound like they are going to arrest people for minor slights or off-handed uncivil insults. According to your short snippet, it's intended for the most egregious of cases. There's a lot of women out there who get psychologically abused through verbal intimidation. Cawacko, haven't you ever known any women who were mentally abused via verbal intimidation by some knuckle-dragging scum bag? That sh*t can really f*ck up a person's head. There's a lot of that crap that goes on.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I had to get my little dig in at the French in the subject line. I don't disagree that some relationships have legitimate verbal abuse and that's unacceptable. Like one partner threatening to beat up the other is bullsh*t. Again unacceptable. I have no problem with those people facing punishment.

Like many laws I guess it comes down to how it is enforced. If they really only do go after those truly abusive folks then I would actually applaud it. But when they write it in the law insults and disagreements then that's what's crazy.

I'm real lucky. My parents are both still alive and healthy and have been married for 40 years and are still in love. But I've heard them call each other names during the rare times that they argue that under this law would qualify as a violation. That is what I'm mocking.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I don't see why this is allegedly so lame. Psychological abuse can be as destructive as physical abuse. I don't think, in principle, this is a bad idea. Obviously, it doesn't sound like they are going to arrest people for minor slights or off-handed uncivil insults. According to your short snippet, it's intended for the most egregious of cases. There's a lot of women out there who get psychologically abused through verbal intimidation. Cawacko, haven't you ever known any women who were mentally abused via verbal intimidation by some knuckle-dragging scum bag? That sh*t can really f*ck up a person's head. There's a lot of that crap that goes on.
    LOL nice trolling. I wish Watermark were this good.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,002 Times in 32,307 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    you couldn't post that in France....it's insulting....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

If Rudeness becomes against the law, Paris is going to need a much MUCH larger Jail.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

they may not be good war mongerers like the neocons but they make good wine and have the hottest woman.

THE DUDE ABIDES

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    they may not be good war mongerers like the neocons but they make good wine and have the hottest woman.

THE DUDE ABIDES
    You cannot call yourself the Dude and claim the French have the hottest woman.

Damo, can you make this troll change his name? He's an embarrassment to term dude.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

THE DUDE ABIDES
    I was just about to ask if you abided.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You cannot call yourself the Dude and claim the French have the hottest woman.

Damo, can you make this troll change his name? He's an embarrassment to term dude.
    You must have never been to France or Louisiana

THE DUDE ABIDES

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You must have never been to France or Louisiana

THE DUDE ABIDES
    Been to both thank you. Apologize immediately.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Been to both thank you. Apologize immediately.
    And I assume you claim to be straight?

THE DUDE ABIDES

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,621 Times in 10,578 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Dude has never seen the ocean.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The dude loves the Pacific and the Atlantic.

The dude could see himself in a permanent Catalina vibe though Fla key's isn't far behind.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

THE DUDE ABIDES
    Really, who is she? Is she really hotter than dear Keeley Hazel in my sig?

THREEDEE ABIDES
    Last edited by Minister of Truth; 01-06-2010 at 02:58 PM.