Thread: Tiger Woods in Serious Accident

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default Tiger Woods in Serious Accident

Wow. 2:30am in the morning? Wonder if there is more to story that has been reported so far? Regardless, best wishes to Tiger. Get well!

Tiger Woods has been seriously injured in a car wreck in Florida, authorities said Friday.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods hit a fire hydrant and a tree as he pulled out of his driveway early Friday in his 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle.

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital. His condition was not immediately known, though the news release said his injuries were serious.

The airbags in the car did not deploy, according to a report in the Orlando Sentinel. The newspaper said that airbags typically do not deploy if a vehicle is traveling less than 33 miles per hour.

The highway patrol says the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending. However, the highway patrol said the crash was not alcohol-related.

The Orange County Fire Rescue received a call about the accident at 2:28 a.m. ET. The Florida Highway Patrol did not report it until 2 p.m. ET.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Serious condition? For a golfer that must mean he suffered a paper cut of a blister on his big toe!
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Serious condition? For a golfer that must mean he suffered a paper cut of a blister on his big toe!
    Apparently it's the custom for the local law enforcement to designate as "serious" any injury that requires treatment that can't be administered at the scene. He was treated at the hospital emergency unit and released. Nothing really about the accident has been released to the press. CNN did mention something about one of those orange-and-white barriers atop a hole at the end of his driveway, but no further info was available.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Apparently it's the custom for the local law enforcement to designate as "serious" any injury that requires treatment that can't be administered at the scene. He was treated at the hospital emergency unit and released. Nothing really about the accident has been released to the press. CNN did mention something about one of those orange-and-white barriers atop a hole at the end of his driveway, but no further info was available.
    Yeah, now they're saying he got some facial lacerations and was released. Glad it wasn't anything serious.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Yeah, now they're saying he got some facial lacerations and was released. Glad it wasn't anything serious.
    Like a paper cut or a blister on his big toe?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

i heard his wife caused this because he was seeing someone else

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Citing his Thanksgiving night accident, Tiger Woods has decided against competing in his own golf tournament.

As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

"I am extremely disappointed that I will not be at my tournament this week," Woods said in a statement posted on tigerwoods.com. "I am certain it will be an outstanding event and I'm very sorry that I can't be there."

The 33-year-old golfer blames injuries sustained in his one-car accident over the holiday weekend for his absence from the Chevron World Challenge, which he annually hosts.

:lol:

His wife must have really beat the hell out of him with that golf club.