Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Why homosexuality should be banned

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    what part of the OP video do you find wrong?
    Pick an issue. I've debated them all before.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'll tell you one thing Yurt that you have to agree on. Once you start debating the gay thing most folks here will flip out and get all hissy and shit.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Pick an issue. I've debated them all before.
    any issue in the OP vid....i pick any....so tell me which one you want to debate me on

I'll tell you one thing Yurt that you have to agree on. Once you start debating the gay thing most folks here will flip out and get all hissy and shit.
    doesn't take away from the issue, that most libs are whiney....yeah....

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBillyTheKid View Post
    Funny until my wife made a comment about how 'cute' the guy in the video is. Now he must be eliminated.
    Why? It will do her no good, he likes guys. I liked the second video better.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    any issue in the OP vid....i pick any....so tell me which one you want to debate me on

doesn't take away from the issue, that most libs are whiney....yeah....
    I thought I'd give you the option, but if you insist, take the first one, that homosexuality is unnatural.

State the basis of your argument.

6. #21 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

I thought I'd give you the option, but if you insist, take the first one, that homosexuality is unnatural.

Hmmm, since same sex coupling happens in numerous species, I think the "its unnatural" argument is bogus.

7. #22 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Why? It will do her no good, he likes guys. I liked the second video better.
    The second video is good. I like the third video. Good speaker and makes excellent points.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Unnatural" is simply not a standard of morality. It is unnatural to fly in an airplane, it is unnatural to fix your vision with glasses, to clothe yourself for warmth and ornament, to drive cars, to send people into space, use velcro, buy lotto tickets and about a billion other things we regularly do. It is unnatural to send signals through the air so that somebody can watch your pastor on the boob tube, it is unnatural to encase boobs in cloth that hold them up so they don't hang to women's knees before they are thirty. It's unnatural to use electricity to power servers and create the internet to communicate with others across the planet without leaving your house...

Messageboards are unnatural... so many things people do are unnatural that making it the standard of what is "moral" would be absolutely stupid.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Unnatural" is simply not a standard of morality. It is unnatural to fly in an airplane, it is unnatural to fix your vision with glasses, to clothe yourself for warmth and ornament, to drive cars, to send people into space, use velcro, buy lotto tickets and about a billion other things we regularly do. It is unnatural to send signals through the air so that somebody can watch your pastor on the boob tube, it is unnatural to encase boobs in cloth that hold them up so they don't hang to women's knees before they are thirty. It's unnatural to use electricity to power servers and create the internet to communicate with others across the planet without leaving your house...

Messageboards are unnatural... so many things people do are unnatural that making it the standard of what is "moral" would be absolutely stupid.
    I'm not arguing that there is something wrong with unnatural. All I ask for is that homosexuals and their enablers admit that it is unnatural.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm not arguing that there is something wrong with unnatural. All I ask for is that homosexuals and their enablers admit that it is unnatural.
    Define "unnatural" it is important that we are working with the same definitions if we begin a conversation on this issue. I don't want the target to continuously change because you want to desperately believe it is "unnatural" in some way.

What is seriously "unnatural" is the capacity for the human to care so much about what others do that doesn't hurt them or effect them in any way.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Define "unnatural" it is important that we are working with the same definitions if we begin a conversation on this issue. I don't want the target to continuously change because you want to desperately believe it is "unnatural" in some way.

What is seriously "unnatural" is the capacity for the human to care so much about what others do that doesn't hurt them or effect them in any way.
    You can look up the definition at m-w.com.

Its not unnatural to care about the accurate use of language or about the impact on innocent children.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You can look up the definition at m-w.com.

Its not unnatural to care about the accurate use of language or about the impact on innocent children.
    No, I want you to provide the definition you wish to work with, it is your question.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

so all things unnatural are bad?

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

"....it is unnatural to encase boobs in cloth that hold them up so they don't hang to women's knees before they are thirty..."
    If this is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

The video is silly and funny, hardly a serious argument for condoning or condemning homosexuality....

Un-natural?

Completely subjective, therefore irrelevant....

No religious support for ?

A personal opinion, also irrelevant...

Can't produce children?

Absolutely true....

Contagious?

Hardly a serious observation...

Adoption ?

Untrue ... homo's can't adopt and raise children...

Weird ?

Again, subjective personal opinion, irrelevant...

Male and female role models to raise children?

Accepted belief as a better environment to rear children

Unpopular ?

Irrelevant...who cares if its "popular"

And they don't have basic freedoms?

Complete bullshit....life, liberty and pursuit of happiness,= basic freedoms...

Right to marry?

Its just a lie to claim that there isn't some entity, somewhere, that will perform some agreed upon ceremony, that ANY TWO ADULT people can claim that they are married in their own eyes and live as they see fit...any lawyer can make legal any agreement these folks want to enter into (A contract between them)concerning money, property, health decisions, etc.......
    BUT.....
    neither the State nor Religious organizations nor Corporations are obligated to recognize said 'marriage' or ANY marriage if they so desire, for there own reasons....

So...its bullshit, strawman, irrelevant crap....

Nobody cares what two people do in private, adult, consensual sex....
    Last edited by NOVA; 10-23-2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.