1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Only 20% of Americans identify themselves as Republicans

Only 20 percent claim to be Republican

New ABC/WaPo poll out finds that only 20 percent of Americans claim to be Republicans, a 26-year low. Additionally, while a majority believe the country is on the wrong track, 49 percent trust Obama to make the right decisions for the country, versus 34 percent who trust Congressional Democrats, and a paltry 19 percent who trust the Congressional Republicans. (The 20 percent claim to be GOP number is apparently not in the data to which I linked, but ABC reported it on their evening newscast).

It seems reasonable to conclude that the only people who trust Congressional Republicans are those who declare themselves to be Republican (in my case, what else would I be?). I guess I would be in the one percent who admits to being a Republican, but who has no faith in the Congressional Republicans. But cheer up! I don't have faith in the Democrats or the president either!

The Republicans are plainly in serious trouble. Typically, a third of all Americans identify with the GOP, a third with the Democrats, and a third call themselves independent. The balance of power in US electoral politics goes to the party that can attract independent votes. The GOP has withered away to the bone -- and if the Carville-Greenberg focus groups can be believed, it's going to be a walking skeleton for some time yet.
    http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon...-to-be-re.html

So in spite of all the noise and screaming and shouting and all the teabaggin' .. the Republican Party still continues to decline.

So sad because if they had their act together they could eat Obama's lunch ..

It should also be noted that democrats are not the winners of republican loss .. independents are. So sad because if democrats had any courage whatsoever they would be the winners of republican loss and could firmly hold the reins of power in this country for many years.

It seems that Republicans are still on a course to becoming the Whigs .. taken over by "nativists" and southern morons who attacked moderates within their party and drove in into oblivion.

Republicans have none to blame but themselves.

Kick the morons out of your party and regain your self-respect.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

i'm so sick of polls....

poll this poll that....

i could do a poll that shows every single american hates polls and doesn't trust them.....

did you shit this morning....yes

do you like the smell of the shit....no

do you want to participate in a poll about this....no

you don't trust a poll about this....fuck off

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    i'm so sick of polls....

poll this poll that....

i could do a poll that shows every single american hates polls and doesn't trust them.....

did you shit this morning....yes

do you like the smell of the shit....no

do you want to participate in a poll about this....no

you don't trust a poll about this....fuck off
    Not an unexpected sentiment from someone who votes republican.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Not an unexpected sentiment from someone who votes republican.
    i've vote both democrat and republican, depends on the person and their ideas/agenda

so....not an unexpectaed sentiment from someone who votes democrat....

and yet i have no doubt if a poll shows something you don't agree with, you will dismiss it as partisan or some other bullshit.....

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

My question would be does this 20% constitute only registered voters or all does all Americans literally mean all 300 some odd million of us or is it just Americans above the voting age? I read through the article quickly so if it's stated in there it's quite possible I missed it.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    i've vote both democrat and republican, depends on the person and their ideas/agenda

so....not an unexpectaed sentiment from someone who votes democrat....

and yet i have no doubt if a poll shows something you don't agree with, you will dismiss it as partisan or some other bullshit.....
    Do you have ANY demonstration of that by me?

ANY demonstration will do.

I understand the necessity of polling .. and in fact, I use them in one function of what I do for living. They are benchmarks .. that's it.

I'm a proponent of polling.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    My question would be does this 20% constitute only registered voters or all does all Americans literally mean all 300 some odd million of us or is it just Americans above the voting age? I read through the article quickly so if it's stated in there it's quite possible I missed it.
    I think you can find your answers here ..
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...T2009101902502

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

:lol:

Obama must be getting worried that everyone thinks he is a complete idiot, sending out his media ass lickers to contact the so called public for a poll. Until you look at the numbers and realize most were democrat ass kissers to begin with and the questions were phrased just for them.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Do you have ANY demonstration of that by me?

ANY demonstration will do.

I understand the necessity of polling .. and in fact, I use them in one function of what I do for living. They are benchmarks .. that's it.

I'm a proponent of polling.
    funny....you demand a demonstration by me....but have no problem making your claims about me.....

thats hypocritical

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

This actually makes perfect sense. GW Bush himself declared that he redefined the republican party and apparently 80% of those former republicans don't like the new definition.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

11. #11 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

I like that 1% identify themselves as republicans and yet don't trust congressional republicans.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

identify.

A) this does not equate to who the public will vote for. Someone may not identify as a republican, but may still prefer a republican than a democrat in some circumstances

B) This does not take into account the rate that those that may identify themselves as democrat may vote at. There could hypothetically be less self identified republicans, but those that do may vote more than self identified democrats, shifting the numbers in republicans favor.

When talking about the "death of a party" these are important indicators to take into account. What are the voting inclinations of likely voters? That's pretty important when we are actually discussing elections.

I'm not saying which way it is, I am just pointing out that this poll doesn't really tell us much of anything in as so far as how electoral politics are trending.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And may I remind everyone that grandpa munster mccain ran a campaign the last election in which his party caught flack for katrina, 2 unpopular wars, the economy downturn, and was on the heels of one of the most unpopular presidents in recent history, while concurrently being up against one of the *supposedly* most transformative figures in american politics, and only lost by a 3 percentage swing.

Currently this dead party is also making it hard as hell for the democrats to pass healthcare reform when they control both houses and the executive, all the while when 65% of americans themselves want some measure of reform.

Lastly four years is a long time in american politics. I'm sure many thought republicans were dead for a long time after nixon resigned, and yet, in a few short years, reagan came on the scene.

Do not underestimate the short attention span of the american public.

---

Grind is basically right

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Exoendo View Post
    And may I remind everyone that grandpa munster mccain ran a campaign the last election in which his party caught flack for katrina, 2 unpopular wars, the economy downturn, and was on the heels of one of the most unpopular presidents in recent history, while concurrently being up against one of the *supposedly* most transformative figures in american politics, and only lost by a 3 percentage swing.

Currently this dead party is also making it hard as hell for the democrats to pass healthcare reform when they control both houses and the executive, all the while when 65% of americans themselves want some measure of reform.

Lastly four years is a long time in american politics. I'm sure many thought republicans were dead for a long time after nixon resigned, and yet, in a few short years, reagan came on the scene.

Do not underestimate the short attention span of the american public.
    how long do you watch a commercial......30 seconds

so you don't pay attention longer than 30 seconds....no

AMERICANS HAVE 30 SECOND ATTENTION SPAN

~polling done by the non partisan megasuperneutralyurt corporation

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

---

Grind is basically right