Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Obama's Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks and Cronies

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Obama's Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks and Cronies

    Obama's administration is revealed in Culture of Corruption, the latest book by Michelle Malkin. It digs into the records of the President's staff and reveals corrupt dealings, questionable pasts, and abuses of power.

    Malkin delivers a powerful, damning, and comprehensive indictment of the culture of corruption that surrounds Team Obama:

    Read more examiner.com

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,347
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    someone better put their flame suit on..

    it doesn't matter many times it's pointed out the absolute corruption in this administration, the Obamabots don't want to hear about it and will call you a liar..
    Latest Reputation Received
    Letterman 10-03-2009 11:30 AM ZappasGuitar here's some payback...b*tch ;-)

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    42,237
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    and none of them will bother to reply in this thread. they'll avoid it like H1N1.
    The war on crime, war on drugs, war on terror, and now the war on opiods.............there's a reason they call it a war. So you idiots will easily accept the collateral damage of innocents

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    S California
    Posts
    3,940
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    and none of them will bother to reply in this thread. they'll avoid it like H1N1.
    They are waiting for the DNC to tell them what to say.
    McCain to Obama. "If you don't like our bill, send troops to help us."

    Obama, himself attempted to filibuster Justice Alito, who now sits on the Supreme Court.

  5. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    50,508
    Thanks
    36,833
    Thanked 24,211 Times in 17,304 Posts
    Groans
    3,742
    Groaned 2,381 Times in 2,271 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    and none of them will bother to reply in this thread. they'll avoid it like H1N1.
    What are we supposed to respond to, a book title?

    Here's a comment: A RW hack has an innuendo-filled book published by a RW hack publisher.

    Can't Malkin get a real publisher to distribute her radioactive waste?

  6. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    47,970
    Thanks
    4,579
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    3,368
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    What are we supposed to respond to, a book title?

    Here's a comment: A RW hack has an innuendo-filled book published by a RW hack publisher.

    Can't Malkin get a real publisher to distribute her radioactive waste?
    so you're claiming obama does not have a team of tax cheats, crooks and cronies?

  7. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    50,508
    Thanks
    36,833
    Thanked 24,211 Times in 17,304 Posts
    Groans
    3,742
    Groaned 2,381 Times in 2,271 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    so you're claiming obama does not have a team of tax cheats, crooks and cronies?
    If you think he does, how about posting something with a little more substance so I can grill you like a sausage over it.

  8. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    47,970
    Thanks
    4,579
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    3,368
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    If you think he does, how about posting something with a little more substance so I can grill you like a sausage over it.
    the OP made a claim.....apparently you can't refute it and you're now trying to pawn it off on me.....

    quaint

  9. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    50,508
    Thanks
    36,833
    Thanked 24,211 Times in 17,304 Posts
    Groans
    3,742
    Groaned 2,381 Times in 2,271 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    the OP made a claim.....apparently you can't refute it and you're now trying to pawn it off on me.....

    quaint
    There's nothing to refute because the OP hasn't listed any of the so-called corrupt dealings, questionable pasts, and abuses of power for me to consider.

    Basically, he's pitching a conservative book to like-minded posters.

  10. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic State
    Posts
    26,917
    Thanks
    3,256
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    1,505
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    If you think he does, how about posting something with a little more substance so I can grill you like a sausage over it.
    Thought you'd never ask....



    So FAR....Obama Administration...

    1. Rangel, Other Reps, Party in Caribbean With Citi Funds
    Friday, January 30, 2009 12:04 PM
    http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/r...30/176811.html
    “Citigroup CHARLIE RANGEL should have also been aware that corporate sponsorship of such an event was banned by House rules adopted on March 1, 2007, in response to the [lobbyist Jack] Abramoff scandal and the infamous golf trip to Scotland.”

    2. TAX EVASION...Charley Rangel (D)....investigated for tax fraud and tax evasion
    $75,000: the amount of money that the head of the powerful tax-writing committee, Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY), was forced to report on his taxes after the discovery that he had not reported income from a Costa Rican rental property. His excuses for the failure started with blaming his wife, then his accountant and finally the fact that he didn't speak Spanish.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cap...ack_taxes.html

    3. Tax evasion... Former Sen. Tom Daschle...,(D).... picked by President Barack Obama to lead his health reform efforts, recently filed amended tax returns to report $128,203 in unpaid taxes and $11,964 in interest, according to a Senate document obtained by The Associated Press.
    $140,000: the amount of back taxes and interest that Cabinet nominee Tom Daschle (D) was forced to cough up after the vetting process revealed significant, unexplained tax liabilities.
    $356,000: the approximate amount of income and deductions that Daschle (D) was forced to report on his amended 2005 and 2007 tax returns after being caught cheating on his taxes. This includes $255,256 for the use of a car service, $83,333 in unreported income, and $14,963 in charitable contributions.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/.../daschle_taxes

    4. TAX EVASION....Timothy F. Geithner..(D)... At the Senate confirmation hearings, it was revealed through documentary evidence that Geithner had not paid $35,000 self-employment taxes for several years,[25] even though he had acknowledged his obligation to do so, and had filed a request for, and received, a payment for half the taxes owed. Still gets confirmed as Sec. of Treasury...
    http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/ref...ner/index.html
    Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner (the now internationally known IRS tax-cheat) is astounding, at the least.


    5. Sen. Dodd (D) caught in a sweetheart mortgage deal...........HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd says he'll refinance two mortgages that he received through a VIP program from Countrywide Financial Corp. $800,000: the amount of "sweetheart" mortgages Senate Banking Chairman Chris Dodd (D-CT) received from Countrywide Financial, the details for which he has refused to release despite months of promises to do so. Countrywide was once the nation's largest mortgage lender and linked to Govern ment-Sponsored Entities like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Their meltdown precipitated the current financial crisis. Just days ago in Pennsylvania , Countrywide was forced to pay $150,000,000 in mortgage assistance following "a state investigation that concluded that Countrywide relaxed its underwriting standards to sell risky loans to consumers who did not understand them and could not afford them."
    Dodd told reporters Monday that the mortgages for his homes in Washington and East Haddam, Conn., will be refinanced with a different company.
    Dodd has acknowledged receiving mortgages in 2003 through a VIP program at Countrywide, which was sold to Bank of America Corp. earlier this year and has been the focus of allegations that it gave favorable loan terms to lawmakers. Dodd says he's moving the loans in part because he was wrongfully labeled a friend of Countrywide's former CEO, Angelo Mozilo. Dodd says he never sought special treatment.
    Countrywide program that awarded special treatment to so-called friends of company CEO Angelo Mozilo.
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

    6. TAX EVASION... Nancy Killefer..(D) withdrew her candidacy to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government on Tuesday, saying she didn't want her bungling of payroll taxes on her household help to become a distraction for the Obama administration. Killefer was the second major nominee to withdraw. Within hours, former Sen. Tom Daschle also withdrew his nomination to be secretary of health and human services.
    In a brief letter to President Barack Obama, Killefer, the 55-year-old executive with consulting giant McKinsey & Co., wrote that she had "come to realize in the current environment that my personal tax issue of D.C. unemployment tax could be used to create exactly the kind of distraction and delay" that must be avoided in responding to urgent economic problems. Feb. 3, 2009
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/...DqbvuRulwEtbAF

    7. TAX EVASION..... A Senate committee today abruptly canceled a session to consider President Obama's nomination of Rep. Hilda Solis (D) to be labor secretary in the wake of a report saying that her husband yesterday paid about $6,400 to settle tax liens against his business -- including liens that had been outstanding for as long as 16 years.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/..._canceled.html

    8. TAX EVASION....Al Franken..(D).Last April, the California Tax Franchise Board revealed that Franken owed the state $5,800 in taxes, fines, and penalties because he did not file returns in 2003 through 2007. Franken then admitted that he owed more than $50,000 in back taxes to 17 states.
    http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/al_fr...06/179148.html

    9. TAX EVASION.... Marion Barry (D).... WASHINGTON (AP) - Prosecutors asked a federal judge Monday to send former Washington mayor Marion Barry to jail for failing to file his tax returns for the eighth time in nine years. In a motion filed in U.S. District Court, Assistant U.S. Attorney Tom Zeno said Barry, who's also a current District of Columbia Council member did not file his taxes in 2007, violating his probation for previous tax offenses.
    http://www.upi.com/Related-News/Pros...4990cfbe47fe4/

    10. TAX EVASION....Rahm Emanuel....Emanuel's Rent-Free Apartment Another Potential Tax Headache for Obama Administration
    White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel lived rent-free for five years in a Capitol Hill apartment owned by fellow representative Rose DeLauro (D-CT), he stated last week. While the arrangement apparently does not run afoul of House ethics rules, questions are being raised about whether either Emanuel or DeLauro, who is married to Democratic pollster Stanley Greenburg, reported the arrangement to Congress. In addition, Emanuel may not have reported the imputed imputed income he received in the form of the free lodging on his personal income taxes.
    http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/uh_...ortign_it_on_/

    11. TAX EVASION.....Ron Kiric.....forced to pay approx. $10,000 in back taxes...

    12. GENERAL CROOK...Bill Richardson ...... Richardson withdrew in January, 2009 amid a grand jury investigation into a state contract awarded to his political donors.

    13. TAX ISSUES.....$7800 owed in taxes. Kathleen Sebelius, President Obama's nominee to become Health and Human Services secretary, said in a letter obtained by the Associated Press that she made "unintentional errors" on her taxes
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.


  11. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    S California
    Posts
    3,940
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Then there are two who think Chairman Mao was great.

    Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Thought you'd never ask....



    So FAR....Obama Administration...

    1. Rangel, Other Reps, Party in Caribbean With Citi Funds
    Friday, January 30, 2009 12:04 PM
    http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/r...30/176811.html
    “Citigroup CHARLIE RANGEL should have also been aware that corporate sponsorship of such an event was banned by House rules adopted on March 1, 2007, in response to the [lobbyist Jack] Abramoff scandal and the infamous golf trip to Scotland.”

    2. TAX EVASION...Charley Rangel (D)....investigated for tax fraud and tax evasion
    $75,000: the amount of money that the head of the powerful tax-writing committee, Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY), was forced to report on his taxes after the discovery that he had not reported income from a Costa Rican rental property. His excuses for the failure started with blaming his wife, then his accountant and finally the fact that he didn't speak Spanish.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cap...ack_taxes.html

    3. Tax evasion... Former Sen. Tom Daschle...,(D).... picked by President Barack Obama to lead his health reform efforts, recently filed amended tax returns to report $128,203 in unpaid taxes and $11,964 in interest, according to a Senate document obtained by The Associated Press.
    $140,000: the amount of back taxes and interest that Cabinet nominee Tom Daschle (D) was forced to cough up after the vetting process revealed significant, unexplained tax liabilities.
    $356,000: the approximate amount of income and deductions that Daschle (D) was forced to report on his amended 2005 and 2007 tax returns after being caught cheating on his taxes. This includes $255,256 for the use of a car service, $83,333 in unreported income, and $14,963 in charitable contributions.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/.../daschle_taxes

    4. TAX EVASION....Timothy F. Geithner..(D)... At the Senate confirmation hearings, it was revealed through documentary evidence that Geithner had not paid $35,000 self-employment taxes for several years,[25] even though he had acknowledged his obligation to do so, and had filed a request for, and received, a payment for half the taxes owed. Still gets confirmed as Sec. of Treasury...
    http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/ref...ner/index.html
    Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner (the now internationally known IRS tax-cheat) is astounding, at the least.


    5. Sen. Dodd (D) caught in a sweetheart mortgage deal...........HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd says he'll refinance two mortgages that he received through a VIP program from Countrywide Financial Corp. $800,000: the amount of "sweetheart" mortgages Senate Banking Chairman Chris Dodd (D-CT) received from Countrywide Financial, the details for which he has refused to release despite months of promises to do so. Countrywide was once the nation's largest mortgage lender and linked to Govern ment-Sponsored Entities like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Their meltdown precipitated the current financial crisis. Just days ago in Pennsylvania , Countrywide was forced to pay $150,000,000 in mortgage assistance following "a state investigation that concluded that Countrywide relaxed its underwriting standards to sell risky loans to consumers who did not understand them and could not afford them."
    Dodd told reporters Monday that the mortgages for his homes in Washington and East Haddam, Conn., will be refinanced with a different company.
    Dodd has acknowledged receiving mortgages in 2003 through a VIP program at Countrywide, which was sold to Bank of America Corp. earlier this year and has been the focus of allegations that it gave favorable loan terms to lawmakers. Dodd says he's moving the loans in part because he was wrongfully labeled a friend of Countrywide's former CEO, Angelo Mozilo. Dodd says he never sought special treatment.
    Countrywide program that awarded special treatment to so-called friends of company CEO Angelo Mozilo.
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

    6. TAX EVASION... Nancy Killefer..(D) withdrew her candidacy to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government on Tuesday, saying she didn't want her bungling of payroll taxes on her household help to become a distraction for the Obama administration. Killefer was the second major nominee to withdraw. Within hours, former Sen. Tom Daschle also withdrew his nomination to be secretary of health and human services.
    In a brief letter to President Barack Obama, Killefer, the 55-year-old executive with consulting giant McKinsey & Co., wrote that she had "come to realize in the current environment that my personal tax issue of D.C. unemployment tax could be used to create exactly the kind of distraction and delay" that must be avoided in responding to urgent economic problems. Feb. 3, 2009
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/...DqbvuRulwEtbAF

    7. TAX EVASION..... A Senate committee today abruptly canceled a session to consider President Obama's nomination of Rep. Hilda Solis (D) to be labor secretary in the wake of a report saying that her husband yesterday paid about $6,400 to settle tax liens against his business -- including liens that had been outstanding for as long as 16 years.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/..._canceled.html

    8. TAX EVASION....Al Franken..(D).Last April, the California Tax Franchise Board revealed that Franken owed the state $5,800 in taxes, fines, and penalties because he did not file returns in 2003 through 2007. Franken then admitted that he owed more than $50,000 in back taxes to 17 states.
    http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/al_fr...06/179148.html

    9. TAX EVASION.... Marion Barry (D).... WASHINGTON (AP) - Prosecutors asked a federal judge Monday to send former Washington mayor Marion Barry to jail for failing to file his tax returns for the eighth time in nine years. In a motion filed in U.S. District Court, Assistant U.S. Attorney Tom Zeno said Barry, who's also a current District of Columbia Council member did not file his taxes in 2007, violating his probation for previous tax offenses.
    http://www.upi.com/Related-News/Pros...4990cfbe47fe4/

    10. TAX EVASION....Rahm Emanuel....Emanuel's Rent-Free Apartment Another Potential Tax Headache for Obama Administration
    White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel lived rent-free for five years in a Capitol Hill apartment owned by fellow representative Rose DeLauro (D-CT), he stated last week. While the arrangement apparently does not run afoul of House ethics rules, questions are being raised about whether either Emanuel or DeLauro, who is married to Democratic pollster Stanley Greenburg, reported the arrangement to Congress. In addition, Emanuel may not have reported the imputed imputed income he received in the form of the free lodging on his personal income taxes.
    http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/uh_...ortign_it_on_/

    11. TAX EVASION.....Ron Kiric.....forced to pay approx. $10,000 in back taxes...

    12. GENERAL CROOK...Bill Richardson ...... Richardson withdrew in January, 2009 amid a grand jury investigation into a state contract awarded to his political donors.

    13. TAX ISSUES.....$7800 owed in taxes. Kathleen Sebelius, President Obama's nominee to become Health and Human Services secretary, said in a letter obtained by the Associated Press that she made "unintentional errors" on her taxes
    McCain to Obama. "If you don't like our bill, send troops to help us."

    Obama, himself attempted to filibuster Justice Alito, who now sits on the Supreme Court.

  12. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    77,287
    Thanks
    1,902
    Thanked 9,805 Times in 6,458 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 424 Times in 395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    What are we supposed to respond to, a book title?

    Here's a comment: A RW hack has an innuendo-filled book published by a RW hack publisher.

    Can't Malkin get a real publisher to distribute her radioactive waste?
    Translation:

    I, christiefan915, am incapable of arguing with facts on this issue and will therefore point out that Malkin holds opinions different than mine, using a logical fallacy I will point out that because Malkin and I disagree that must mean she is wrong even when she says 2+2=4 and that the Earth revolves around the Sun.

    Not only will I attack her, I will also attack whoever publishes her work because I am desperately seeking any means to distract from the reality that I have no facts to back up my opinion.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

  13. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,724
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 212 Times in 162 Posts
    Groans
    312
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    so you're claiming obama does not have a team of tax cheats, crooks and cronies?
    Originally Posted by Shitsiefan915 What are we supposed to respond to, a book title?

    Here's a comment: A RW hack has an innuendo-filled book published by a RW hack publisher.

    Can't Malkin get a real publisher to distribute her radioactive waste?

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Translation: Damn! I wish I knew shit from shineola and could make some money too!
    Last edited by Canceled1; 10-21-2009 at 10:15 AM.

  14. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    39,053
    Thanks
    3,463
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    1,184
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

    Default

    Come on folks, lets be fair. Christiefan915 had a point that the OP was vague. Now lets see her respond to Bravo's post.
    Last edited by DamnYankee; 10-21-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: sp

  15. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,724
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 212 Times in 162 Posts
    Groans
    312
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Come on folks, lets be fair. Christiefan915 had a point that the OP was vague. Now lets see her respond to Barvo's post.
    Uhh...ummm...err.... you see...

    She's busy "grillin' sausages" .

    Be afraid boyz. Be VERY afraid.

Similar Threads

  1. No Economic "Team of Rivals" On Obama's Staff, Just Rubin Neoliberals
    By blackascoal in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 07:45 AM
  2. More 'Bush Cronies' in Obama Cabinet
    By Dixie - In Memoriam in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 01:29 PM
  3. Tax cheats outed by one man
    By evince in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 07:00 PM
  4. Obama's dream team
    By uscitizen in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 09:56 PM
  5. Cyber cheats married... to each other
    By BOOMER REMOVER in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 08:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •