Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default Raiders

They are so so bad. They have passionate and supportive fans (it would be hard to stick with an organization this bad for this long) but my Facebook home page is just full of friends who are Raider fans just ripping on the team. They are not even competitive. It is ugly.

Back in the day Al Davis was ahead of his time in a lot of ways but now everything had passed him by.

2. #2 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    They are so so bad. They have passionate and supportive fans (it would be hard to stick with an organization this bad for this long) but my Facebook home page is just full of friends who are Raider fans just ripping on the team. They are not even competitive. It is ugly.

Back in the day Al Davis was ahead of his time in a lot of ways but now everything had passed him by.
    Come stand by me, amigo, KC isn't doing too well, either!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

The Raiders: Commitment to Excrement.
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post
    Come stand by me, amigo, KC isn't doing too well, either!
    I can't look, is the Jag game over? Add to that, the Bears gave up on Orton!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

It could be worse. You could be a Bungles fan. Were looking at our second winning season in 20 years! LOL
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry Mott, it's still a lot harder to be a Browns fans. Time was good in the 80's, but seasons ended with a fumble, or a drive by John Elway. Then in the 90's we had Bill Belichek as our Head Coach and he kicks Kosar to the curb and puts in Testeverde. Team wasn't the same, then Modell just up and leaves Cleveland, and that team ends up winning a Super Bowl a couple seasons later. Made me want to vomit. Waited another 5 years for a team made out of scrubs and rookies. They've had 8 out of 10 losing seasons, rotating QB's trying to fix the problem, yet never accomplishing anything. Get a winning season, make it to the playoffs, lose first round. Wait a couple more years, get a winning season and don't make it to the playoffs because the last game of the year wasn't taken seriously by the Colts, so the Titans take our wild card. Go a couple more years of losing seasons... to be continued.
    You Are Not So Smart Podcast - A celebration of Self-Delusion

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Go Broncos!!!!!!!
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Yeah, I don't think there is any hope for the Raiders until Al is gone. But, frankly I see him as a fan's owner. That is, he runs the team the way many fans would and so you have an inconsistent mess.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,681 Times in 7,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    Go Broncos!!!!!!!
    FIVE & OH!

That's "OH"...as in: OH my GOD, the road to the SUPERBOWL is coming right through DENVER baby!!!

11. #11 | Top
    mellisaz Guest

It's true as long as Al is around the Raiders won't ever be a great team again. Still, they could have been decent if they had kept Garcia as the QB and benched Russell. I know they invested a lot in JaMarcus but that boy is flat out terrible.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...eve_first_down

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ—In an improbable display of competence and a basic execution of football fundamentals, the Oakland Raiders stunned the football world Sunday when running back Michael Bush miraculously rushed for three yards against the Giants and succeeded in converting a first down.

The Raiders, who fearlessly faced a third-and-one situation on their own 22-yard-line, somehow gained the 36 inches needed for an elusive first down, despite numerous obstacles that included a professional NFL defense, owner Al Davis' incompetent personnel decisions, mediocre play-calling, and general ineptitude.

"I cannot believe what I just saw," said CBS commentator Greg Gumbel, adding that he was amazed the Raiders advanced the ball beyond the line of scrimmage, let alone gained a full 10 yards. "The fact that they were out on the field for three consecutive plays without turning the ball over is incredible. But a first down? An actual first down from the Oakland Raiders? You…I mean—I just, I can't…"

"I'm speechless," Gumbel added.
    There is much to be said in favour of modern journalism. By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.

-Oscar Wilde

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,681 Times in 7,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus View Post

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ—In an improbable display of competence and a basic execution of football fundamentals, the Oakland Raiders stunned the football world Sunday when running back Michael Bush miraculously rushed for three yards against the Giants and succeeded in converting a first down.

The Raiders, who fearlessly faced a third-and-one situation on their own 22-yard-line, somehow gained the 36 inches needed for an elusive first down, despite numerous obstacles that included a professional NFL defense, owner Al Davis' incompetent personnel decisions, mediocre play-calling, and general ineptitude.

"I cannot believe what I just saw," said CBS commentator Greg Gumbel, adding that he was amazed the Raiders advanced the ball beyond the line of scrimmage, let alone gained a full 10 yards. "The fact that they were out on the field for three consecutive plays without turning the ball over is incredible. But a first down? An actual first down from the Oakland Raiders? You…I mean—I just, I can't…"

The rest of the league doesn't call them the Chokeland Faiders for nothing!

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,621 Times in 10,578 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mellisaz View Post
    It's true as long as Al is around the Raiders won't ever be a great team again. Still, they could have been decent if they had kept Garcia as the QB and benched Russell. I know they invested a lot in JaMarcus but that boy is flat out terrible.
    When Al goes they won't be the same team anymore. I remember when they were considered some of the dirtiest players ever.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus View Post