Thread: Criminalizing Everyone

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    You can thank Republicans for inventing an infinity amount of vaguely defined criminal statues with infinity punishment in each case. The law is basically whatever the DA in your area thinks it should be.
    You're an absolute idiot if you think only one side plays that way.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBillyTheKid View Post
    You're an absolute idiot if you think only one side plays that way.
    They are an idiot if they read the article and got that this was a "GWB" thing. Nobody on this site are idiots, there are some that are simply more hacktacular than others.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    They are an idiot if they read the article and got that this was a "GWB" thing. Nobody on this site are idiots, there are some that are simply more hacktacular than others.
    I highly respect you Damo, but I think you misplace your faith in the intelligence of some other members.
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Like you.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. #20 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

An absolutely disgusting abuse of power.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Always fill out all of the paperwork.

That was their sin.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    This is insane!

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009...zing-everyone/

"You don't need to know. You can't know." That's what Kathy Norris, a 60-year-old grandmother of eight, was told when she tried to ask court officials why, the day before, federal agents had subjected her home to a furious search.

The agents who spent half a day ransacking Mrs. Norris' longtime home in Spring, Texas, answered no questions while they emptied file cabinets, pulled books off shelves, rifled through drawers and closets, and threw the contents on the floor.

The six agents, wearing SWAT gear and carrying weapons, were with - get this- the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

Kathy and George Norris lived under the specter of a covert government investigation for almost six months before the government unsealed a secret indictment and revealed why the Fish and Wildlife Service had treated their family home as if it were a training base for suspected terrorists. Orchids.

That's right. Orchids.
    what about the orchids was the problem
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Freaky...

It's like Ayn Rand saw this and wrote about it in Atlas Shrugged. Seriously. People may make fun of her books as poor literature, but that is so they can ignore the content.

Land of the free? *pshaw*
    sorry, but this has never been the land of the 'free'

the discrimination that was built into the system and has been propagated throughout our history has made a mockery of the original ideals of some of our founding fathers

having said that, this nation was freer than any other nation after our civil war and that did not last - inroads into our freedom are occurring with monotonous regularity - usually in the name of security

who knows, maybe the current supreme court will reverse some of those losses - one can only hope

maybe bho will make some of the changes he promised after the current economic mess gets better
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote View Post
    what about the orchids was the problem
    Apparently from the article the import paperwork was not properly done.
    Proving tax cuts work!

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    You can thank Republicans for inventing an infinity amount of vaguely defined criminal statues with infinity punishment in each case. The law is basically whatever the DA in your area thinks it should be.
    you can thank FDR and the new deal for this type of shit. This raid and arrest was due in part to wickard v. fillburn, giving congress the power to regulate anything and everything they want to, like how much wheat you can grow for your own farms use or what kind of orchids you can and cannot possess.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    you can thank FDR and the new deal for this type of shit. This raid and arrest was due in part to wickard v. fillburn, giving congress the power to regulate anything and everything they want to, like how much wheat you can grow for your own farms use or what kind of orchids you can and cannot possess.
    The "Free Market" GOP made it illegal to buy drugs in Canada. My wife's medicine costs $547/90 here and $119/100 in Canada. I have been a criminal for over a year.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by belme1201 View Post
    The "Free Market" GOP made it illegal to buy drugs in Canada. My wife's medicine costs $547/90 here and $119/100 in Canada. I have been a criminal for over a year.
    And the Clinton administration made me and my family criminals from 1994 until 2004 with their "Brady firearms ban".

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    Dummy, it was all over improper import paperwork.
    Not the kinds of orchids. Read the article.
    Proving tax cuts work!

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,317 Times in 9,825 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Dummy, it was all over improper import paperwork.
    Not the kinds of orchids. Read the article.
    So that makes the abuses more acceptable? Get a brain.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBillyTheKid View Post
    And the Clinton administration made me and my family criminals from 1994 until 2004 with their "Brady firearms ban".

What was your crime?