Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: right wing celebrates us loss of 2016 olympics

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Default right wing celebrates us loss of 2016 olympics

it seems that right wing nut cases celebrated the loss of the 2016 olympics because they see it as a loss for bho

a bit short sighted
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

I prefer to celebrate the loss and attribute it to Daley.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote View Post
    it seems that right wing nut cases celebrated the loss of the 2016 olympics because they see it as a loss for bho

a bit short sighted
    half of Chicago didn't want the Olympics and is celebrating, did the City turn half 'right wing nut cases' all of a sudden?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    half of Chicago didn't want the Olympics and is celebrating, did the City turn half 'right wing nut cases' all of a sudden?
    Well you must know something I don't. I deal with folks from Chicago every day from all walks of life and hadn't heard that first one who didn't want the olympics. Every single one I've talked to has been excited by the prospect.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Well you must know something I don't. I deal with folks from Chicago every day from all walks of life and hadn't heard that first one who didn't want the olympics. Every single one I've talked to has been excited by the prospect.
    please.....you can't honestly claim that everyone in Chicago wanted the Olympics there.....why bother to post the fact you've talked to a handful of people and nobody mentioned it.....

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Because there's probably 3 wingnuts in Chicago who would oppose absolutely anything if there's a remote chance that it would reflect well on Obama.

Get real! Who in their right mind wouldn't want the Olympics in their city? it's a signal fucking honor.

I'd be doing back flips if Columbus landed them, not that this would ever happen.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    I prefer to celebrate the loss and attribute it to Daley.
    so you celebrate the loss of jobs that would come with the olympics award too - you just want to award blame...
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

An article I read said a poll showed people in Chicago split evenly for and against having the Olympics in their city. A few years back San Francisco was bidding on the 2012 games and there was all kinds of opposition against it here locally. I'm a sports fan so I thought it would be awesome if we hosted it. NIMBYism is strong everywhere for everything.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so you celebrate the loss of jobs that would come with the olympics award too - you just want to award blame...
    Do you have any evidence that shows the host City actually makes money hosting the games? I've seen arguments that state they do and don't. Chicago also put up a crap strategy. Build an olympic stadium and then tear it down afterwards? WTF is that?

Chicago is the most corrupt city in the U.S. You give Richard Daley billions of dollars what do you think will happen to the money?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    An article I read said a poll showed people in Chicago split evenly for and against having the Olympics in their city. A few years back San Francisco was bidding on the 2012 games and there was all kinds of opposition against it here locally. I'm a sports fan so I thought it would be awesome if we hosted it. NIMBYism is strong everywhere for everything.
    the nimbys are afraid that traffic will gridlock - they were afraid of that in la but la traffic was lighter than normal because of steps taken to reduce normal traffic

companies shifted work hours, trucks were required to make deliveries at night, etc. and it worked

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don I am not sure that hosting the olympics is a net finiancial gain.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Because there's probably 3 wingnuts in Chicago who would oppose absolutely anything if there's a remote chance that it would reflect well on Obama.

Get real! Who in their right mind wouldn't want the Olympics in their city? it's a signal fucking honor.

I'd be doing back flips if Columbus landed them, not that this would ever happen.
    it's an expensive signal fucking honor....do cities that host Olympics ever recover the costs?.....

as for who in Chicago would object, here are some links....

Indeed, far from uniting the city, the Ollympic competition seems to be splitting the city along lines of rich and poor, old residents, gentrifiers, and displaced people, enviromentalists and public works advocates, and most of all, people frightened the city will never recover financially.
    http://www.examiner.com/x-14939-Cook...no-to-Olympics

and apparently two of the three rightwingnuts in Chicago post on Huffington and the Daily Kos....

Was the $1B spent by Arlington TX for most elaborate gladiator stadium in history a good investment while Arlington lays off teachers, roads and bridges collapse, kids go without food, health care, housing, parks close, family's lose their homes to unemployment?

Every economic study shows that spending money on sporting events is a loser.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/9...cs-to-Chicago!

If you are the Working class Black family being shoved out of Washington Park for the Olympics, then gentrification is a very bad thing!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social...ction=comments
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 10-03-2009 at 11:01 AM.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

if daley gets even a portion of the blame, yes. that felon should be dragged away in chains and publicly flogged for an hour. unfortunately, most of the proles in chicago don't give a damn as long as their garbage is picked up and the trains run on time.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am only looking at the finiancial aspects of the olympics not the political reasons right wingers oppose them.

If Bush was pres they would be all for them and be blaming liberals for us losing them.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    I am only looking at the finiancial aspects of the olympics not the political reasons right wingers oppose them.

If Bush was pres they would be all for them and be blaming liberals for us losing them.
    this is all a misunderstanding....the conservatives aren't celebrating the fact the Olympics aren't coming to Chicago....they are celebrating the fact Obama looks like a fuck up.....