Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moore Fact Checked...again!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 43 Posts

Default Moore Fact Checked...again!

Another faux Moore docudrama discredited.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    Another faux Moore docudrama discredited.

I'm glad to see that you now are in support of TARP and Senator Dodd, that leaves only the Walmart segment which was true at one time but not now. Does that make it any less heinous? Walmart's hierarchy then was the same as it is now.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by belme1201 View Post
    I'm glad to see that you now are in support of TARP and Senator Dodd, that leaves only the Walmart segment which was true at one time but not now. Does that make it any less heinous? Walmart's hierarchy then was the same as it is now.
    As per usual the liberal retort of deflecting from the emphasis of what is being said. Moore is a boorish bloviating and disingenuous film maker. His films are NOT in any way documentaries...that's the point.

Are you attempting here to claim that they are? That they are factual and compelling documentaries presenting facts so that viewers can make up their minds based on actualities and not propaganda?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

It's a shame the distributors of his tripe don't bother to fact check his crapumentaries before they release them.
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    As per usual the liberal retort of deflecting from the emphasis of what is being said. Moore is a boorish bloviating and disingenuous film maker. His films are NOT in any way documentaries...that's the point.

Are you attempting here to claim that they are? That they are factual and compelling documentaries presenting facts so that viewers can make up their minds based on actualities and not propaganda?
    I'm attempting nothing. I merely find it amusing that those who criticized Dodd for allegedly taking a sweetheart loan and holding TARP up as the end of the earth are now taking a contrary position in order to gotcha Moore. That leaves only the Walmart portion which is a true statement but does leave out the fact that after some years, they changed their policy. It was not a lie but did withold truth.
    Certainly you should be able to provide stronger evidence than that to back your conclusion.
    How consistent are you regarding ALL distortions by those presenting propaganda and not fact?
    Last edited by belme1201; 10-03-2009 at 02:40 PM.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Paperman View Post
    It's a shame the distributors of his tripe don't bother to fact check his crapumentaries before they release them.
    The hypocrisy of the slobbering pig is astounding! I love the way his followers lap up his anti American anti capatilism propaganda seemingly blind to the fact that he is getting rich via capitalism....irony that!

I wonder why this disingenuous piece of crap docudrama isn't being distributed and shown for "Free" to the masses? Or perhaps Mr. Moore is going to donate all profit to the poor???

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

So essentially Moore's film is guilty of being in the can BEFORE certain events transpired. That makes his film DATED...and all dated films have facts in them that are changed through time.

However, Moore's films usually have enough RELEVANT FACTS in them to make the status quo very nervous.....that coupled with his usual cheesy showmanship just downright pisses off his targets!

I can't wait to see the film!
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Movies by a PINHEAD especially for the PINHEAD !

So by all means, you shouldn't miss it...

It doesn't contain any facts so there is no danger of "brain lock"
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,093 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post

You must have seen it in order to claim it doesn't contain any facts, so I guess that makes you a PINHEAD.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    You must have seen it in order to claim it doesn't contain any facts, so I guess that makes you a PINHEAD.
    Good point. I have never seen an MM movie myself.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

I used to like Michael Moore's television show. The episode where he went on a picnic and kite flying with Doctor Kevorkian was funny as hell. I liked Roger & Me, until I found out he actually had a meeting with Roger, WHILE making the movie. The there was Bowling for Columbine, so full of lies and bullshit as to be laughable. After that film, he lost me for good. Thankfully, I haven't paid to see one of his hackumentaries since R&M.
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

i see his movies just for shits and giggles. I actually think moore is a pretty entertaining guy, views not withstanding. Bowling for columbine definitely assumed a lot of facts not in evidence though

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by סּ_סּ View Post
    i see his movies just for shits and giggles. I actually think moore is a pretty entertaining guy, views not withstanding. Bowling for columbine definitely assumed a lot of facts not in evidence though
    Not quite......I'll be the first to concede that Moore will get somethings wrong in his films...case in point saying a letter to the editor was actually a headline story (or something to that effect). Or trying to tie the death of a little girl to the late Charlton Heston's gunner rally.

But the VAST majority of his films connect valid, documented facts with the words and actions of those involved....and THAT is what gets the neocon's knickers in a twist...because as we all know a picture is worth a thousand words.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Paperman View Post
    I used to like Michael Moore's television show. The episode where he went on a picnic and kite flying with Doctor Kevorkian was funny as hell. I liked Roger & Me, until I found out he actually had a meeting with Roger, WHILE making the movie. The there was Bowling for Columbine, so full of lies and bullshit as to be laughable. After that film, he lost me for good. Thankfully, I haven't paid to see one of his hackumentaries since R&M.
    Beg to differ on Bowling for Columbine. A lot of dramatic cheese, but hardly as flawed as you make it out to be.

[ame="http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=531222&postcount=13"]Just Plain Politics! - View Single Post - Moore Fact Checked...again![/ame]

George Orwell

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal: So essentially Moore's film is guilty of being in the can BEFORE certain events transpired. That makes his film DATED...and all dated films have facts in them that are changed through time.

However, Moore's films usually have enough RELEVANT FACTS in them to make the status quo very nervous.....that coupled with his usual cheesy showmanship just downright pisses off his targets!

I can't wait to see the film!
    Originally Posted by bravo

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I'm beginning to believe the guy is clinically fucking stupid.....I wonder if what you say here will actually register with him? It's painfully evident that my post didn't....but I forget he substitutes calling someone a "pinhead" for reading carefully and comprehensively....so much more to pity him for.
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 10-05-2009 at 04:51 PM.

George Orwell