Thread: Three cheers for Grayson!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,718 Times in 4,154 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,364 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Three cheers for Grayson!

It's about time somebody got up the nerve to call out the GOP for their BS regarding healthcare reform. I find the hypocritical response of the GOP hysterical. TFB...live by the sword, die by the sword.

Now if someone can call out all the Dems on the health insurance companies "campaign fund" dole, and those "bluedogs" as well....

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/09/30/grayson-gop-plan/
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

three cheers for Grassley....Congress to be required to have coverage by whatever plan they approve....

Senators debating health-care reform legislation have unanimously approved a proposal requiring members of Congress and their staffs to obtain health insurance through new state-based purchasing exchanges set up by the health-care reform bill under consideration. Lawmakers and their staffs could no longer buy health insurance through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program beginning in 2013 if the proposal survives the final health-care bill passed by Congress.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fed..._benefits.html

so, if Grayson is right, our Senators will be dying right along side us......

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    It's about time somebody got up the nerve to call out the GOP for their BS regarding healthcare reform. I find the hypocritical response of the GOP hysterical. TFB...live by the sword, die by the sword.

Now if someone can call out all the Dems on the health insurance companies "campaign fund" dole, and those "bluedogs" as well....

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/09/30/grayson-gop-plan/
    I agree completely.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

I see nothing wrong with "calling out" anyone on an issue.....using facts to counter what the others side claims or at least educated opinion to counter what the opposition says...

But this crap by Grayson is just that ... crap....
    Claiming that anyone wants the sick to die quickly is nothing but a childish rant from a newbie asshole in Washington....
    If he had some facts to state or an adult rebuttal of some Republican claim that would have been great....

It's about time somebody got up the nerve to call out the GOP for their BS regarding healthcare reform. I find the hypocritical response of the GOP hysterical.
    There was no calling out...this was cheap, playground stunt....
    There was no hysterical GOP response...their response was reasoned and the point made that Graysons claims were nonsense....

And I'm not surprised that the two biggest idiots on the site approve of Grayson's antics....not surprised at all....morons gravitate to other morons....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    I see nothing wrong with "calling out" anyone on an issue.....using facts to counter what the others side claims or at least educated opinion to counter what the opposition says...

Claiming that anyone wants the sick to die quickly is nothing but a childish rant from a newbie asshole in Washington....
    If he had some facts to state or an adult rebuttal of some Republican claim that would have been great....

There was no hysterical GOP response...their response was reasoned and the point made that Graysons claims were nonsense....

And I'm not surprised that the two biggest idiots on the site approve of Grayson's antics....not surprised at all....morons gravitate to other morons....

For the last few months, you've had GOP senators and congressmen bellowing nothing BUT lies, distortions, half truths about just the proposals from the Obama administration (no concrete bills to be signed, mind you)....bullshit that practically mimicked the likes of Beck and Limbaugh, and was aptly demonstrated by the Freedomworks zombies at the 9/12 D.C. follies.

And NO negative reaction from folk like you on these boards....Hell, there's even attempts to validate and or justify that joker calling the President a liar.

Grayson ALWAYS pointed out that his hyperbole was supported by the FACT that the present day health insurance system is KILLING PEOPLE through denial and bureaucratic neglect.....and the GOP just wants the system to continue (or have the system monitor and clean up it's own act).

So the bottom line: Grayson called them out...and all the GOP has in rebuttal is sheer hypocrisy! If they don't like it, then they should clean up their act first.

And as for you, my intellectually impotent clown, when you have the actual cojones to admit how idiotic that your compadres were on 9/12, and what a bunch of ON THE RECORD hypocrits the GOP is on Grayson, then you'll be taken seriously.

Go Grayson.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    three cheers for Grassley....Congress to be required to have coverage by whatever plan they approve....

Senators debating health-care reform legislation have unanimously approved a proposal requiring members of Congress and their staffs to obtain health insurance through new state-based purchasing exchanges set up by the health-care reform bill under consideration. Lawmakers and their staffs could no longer buy health insurance through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program beginning in 2013 if the proposal survives the final health-care bill passed by Congress.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fed..._benefits.html

so, if Grayson is right, our Senators will be dying right along side us......
    A proposal that refers to a proposal. So BOTH have to go through the vetting process and become an actual BILL.

And if it should indeed become a bill and then a law, guess what? THEY COULD AFFORD IT. As it stands now, private industry is what's killing folk through denial and bureacracy...NOT a new state-based purchasing exchanges set up by the health-care reform bill under consideration.

So put your skirt down Nancy, and THINK it through before you type.

Grassley has the GOP's number...and you don't like it.

George Orwell

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

According to a Harvard study, 44,000 uninsured and underinsured Americans die annually in this country because of insufficient funds to pay for their healthcare. We are the only "civilized" nation on earth that permits such a damnable situation. Any policy to either do nothing or not enough to correct the situation is murder. The do-nothing GOP always for-profit policy IS "Let them die", it's cheaper!
    Grayson is correct and he's the only one with the guts to say it. I applaud him, a check is on the way.

Grayson went back on the floor to apologize................................to the people that have died as a result of our cruel and stupid system.
    Last edited by belme1201; 10-02-2009 at 10:56 PM.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    A proposal that refers to a proposal. So BOTH have to go through the vetting process and become an actual BILL.

And if it should indeed become a bill and then a law, guess what? THEY COULD AFFORD IT. As it stands now, private industry is what's killing folk through denial and bureacracy...NOT a new state-based purchasing exchanges set up by the health-care reform bill under consideration.

So put your skirt down Nancy, and THINK it through before you type.

Grassley has the GOP's number...and you don't like it.
    ???....Grassley has the GOP's number?....I expect so, since he's a Republican.....I'll be honest, I've not read the Senate's proposed health care plan.....but that was because the Democrats having been saying it was dead in the water....I expected someone to propose something new by now.....for some strange reason though, the Dems just keep working on the Baccus bill that no one admits to liking....

so tell me, what is it about the Baccus bill that makes it better than HR3200?......

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by belme1201 View Post
    According to a Harvard study, 44,000 uninsured and underinsured Americans die annually in this country because of insufficient funds to pay for their healthcare. We are the only "civilized" nation on earth that permits such a damnable situation. Any policy to either do nothing or not enough to correct the situation is murder. The do-nothing GOP always for-profit policy IS "Let them die", it's cheaper!
    Grayson is correct and he's the only one with the guts to say it. I applaud him, a check is on the way.

Grayson went back on the floor to apologize................................to the people that have died as a result of our cruel and stupid system.
    so explain to me why the Dems don't simply provide health care reform that will cover the uninsured?.....why change health insurance for every man woman and child in the country?.....

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so explain to me why the Dems don't simply provide health care reform that will cover the uninsured?.....why change health insurance for every man woman and child in the country?.....
    If it was only the House, that's just what what would be done for the uninsured AND the underinsured, maybe even eliminating the insurers and the idiotic employer-based system that is destroying the economy. HOWEVER, it's not up to the House alone.
    (I'm happy to see you agree that the continuation of the status quo is equivalent to murder.)

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,603 Times in 9,132 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

(I'm happy to see you agree that the continuation of the status quo is equivalent to murder.)
    and I'm sorry to see you fall back on juvenile debating tactics like all the other fucked up liberals.....

now, back to your analysis.....you are simple blind to HR3200....the biggest problem with the House plan was that it DIDN'T simply provide health insurance for those who couldn't afford it...if anything, the Senate plan is less an attempt to destroy what we already have....but then, that's precisely why you object to it more....

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    ironic that you mimic the advertisements of an insurance company to make your point.....

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

and I'm sorry to see you fall back on juvenile debating tactics like all the other fucked up liberals.....

now, back to your analysis.....you are simple blind to HR3200....the biggest problem with the House plan was that it DIDN'T simply provide health insurance for those who couldn't afford it...if anything, the Senate plan is less an attempt to destroy what we already have....but then, that's precisely why you object to it more....
    15 years ago the GOP and their for-profit Healthcare pals killed any chance of a change in the system. In the time since, nothing has been done and 100s of thousands have died as a result. If that's not murder what is? Now the GOP is back in bed with the same gang and, if they get their way, once again nothing is going to change and the unnecessary death will continue. If that makes you happy or content, you have my sympathy.
    Last edited by belme1201; 10-03-2009 at 12:53 PM.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

15 years ago the GOP and their for-profit Healthcare pals killed any chance of a change in the system. In the time since, nothing has been done and 100s of thousands have died as a result. If that's not murder what is? Now the GOP is back in bed with the same gang and, if they get their way, once again nothing is going to change and the unnecessary death will continue. If that makes you happy or content, you have my sympathy.
    The stupid, ridiculous claims seem to just get more stupid and more ridiculous as the thread goes on....
    100s of thousands have died as a result of our healthcare system....

thats just an example of exasperating obtuseness and lack of comprehension to reality that it isn't worthy of a serious response....a parrot mouthing a phrase has the same understanding of its words as the idiot that make these outlandish claims....

I guess if a moron hears it enough times, it becomes the truth to them....

Consensus is a poor substitute for intelligent thought.....but to some, they will eat a pile of shit, reasoning, that 100 billion flies can't be wrong....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.