Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cypress

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress
    Ahem....AD/DC is not heavy metal.

I though you claimed to know more about the music industry than us?
    Who said ACDC was heavy metal? I like ACDC... all I was implying is that the Stones are legends and were long before ACDC.. and ACDC will be the first to tell you that ...

In another post to another question... I stated I didnt like HM ... follow the thread ..
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ACDC is heavy metal if you are referring to the original heavy metal.....

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gonzojournals
    ACDC is heavy metal if you are referring to the original heavy metal.....
    Oh, the original Heavy Metal . . . .
    "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."
    -- V

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by klaatu
    Who said ACDC was heavy metal? I like ACDC... all I was implying is that the Stones are legends and were long before ACDC.. and ACDC will be the first to tell you that ...

In another post to another question... I stated I didnt like HM ... follow the thread ..
    That doesn't mean I'm obliged to like their drivel more than AC/DC's...

I am not kidding, I would leave after AC/DC if they were opening for these guys...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

The only good song by the Stones is "Wild Horses". "Paint it Black" is OK.

I can't really tell you of any ACDC songs that I really love at all, though. Some of them are slightly humorous, but mostly it just ain't my cup o' tea.

Bob Dylan and the Beatles kick both their asses as older musicians go.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

After the 70's heavy metal came in and killed rock. Nirvana was good, then everyone started to try and sound like shitty Nirvana's. So Nirvana killed rock too.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark
    Yeah. I absolutely hate music that is too complex. .
    which is why you are against hooks and power chords?

Puts on guitar guessing hat: *i seeeeeee you playing forrrrrr 1.4 years*

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

The only good song by the Stones is "Wild Horses". "Paint it Black" is OK.

I can't really tell you of any ACDC songs that I really love at all, though. Some of them are slightly humorous, but mostly it just ain't my cup o' tea.

Bob Dylan and the Beatles kick both their asses as older musicians go.
    What about Dead Flowers? It's one of my favorite Stones song to play!

AC/DC is great for AC/DC, nobody does AC/DC better!

...And Bob Dylan or Lennon/McCarntney, beat everyone's ass regardless of whether they are young or old!

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

After the 70's heavy metal came in and killed rock. Nirvana was good, then everyone started to try and sound like shitty Nirvana's. So Nirvana killed rock too.
    Nirvana was Grunge, the first to hit it so large, but a different category of Metal. It was an offshoot of like three different categories...

Hardcore Punk
    Thrash Metal
    and Alternative Rock all mixed together to make a unique sound with Grunge bands...

This is that "Seattle Sound" that people talk about when speaking of Metal Bands.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles
    That doesn't mean I'm obliged to like their drivel more than AC/DC's...

I am not kidding, I would leave after AC/DC if they were opening for these guys...

Well.. to each their own ... I'll admit the 60 something Stones are not what they once were ... but I give them respect for the legacy they built.
    One thing I will say .. their sound was much more versitle than AC/DC's.

With your fondness for Pink Floyd I am suprised that you are so into thrash ...

I do like ACDC .. thats about as far as I delve into power rock ... Im more into a complex wall of sound ..i.e. Pink Floyd .. Progressive ... and strong lyrical content ... Music motivates my mind .. more so than body ... thats probably the difference.
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by klaatu
    Well.. to each their own ... I'll admit the 60 something Stones are not what they once were ... but I give them respect for the legacy they built.
    One thing I will say .. their sound was much more versitle than AC/DC's.

With your fondness for Pink Floyd I am suprised that you are so into thrash ...

I do like ACDC .. thats about as far as I delve into power rock ... Im more into a complex wall of sound ..i.e. Pink Floyd .. Progressive ... and strong lyrical content ... Music motivates my mind .. more so than body ... thats probably the difference.
    I like a ton of different music, my favorites are HM and Country... I know, not such a great fit. I do love Pink Floyd, probably my singular favorite band...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,695 Times in 27,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Ummm, Kid? The 1970's were the disco era. An era of tastless and bad "music".

Bands like AC/DC, Zeppelin, and the Ramones probably saved rock music

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You don't like disco? I love disco, funk, house, basically any electronica, metal, alternative, latin, New Age, some rap....anything but most rap and country.

What is wrong with complicated songs? Sure, over-complexity kills it, but not listening to music simply because of technical riffs is being as narrowminded as only listening to music that is complex. You should never be an absolutist with music.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh, and I like your King Crimson avatar Klaatu...Robert Fripp is a god.

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress
    Ummm, Kid? The 1970's were the disco era. An era of tastless and bad "music".

Bands like AC/DC, Zeppelin, and the Ramones probably saved rock music
    70's wasn't all disco. Was Disco even the main genre in the seventies? But actually I've been listening to a lot of stuff from the 60's lately.