Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H1N1 is a man made flu?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default H1N1 is a man made flu?

For this to have been a natural [occurrence] it means an infected bird from North America would have had to infect pigs in Europe, then be re-infected by those same pigs, with an unlikely cross-species mutation that allowed the bird to carry it again, then that bird would have had to fly to Asia and infected pigs there, and those Asian pigs would then have had to mutate the virus once again (while preserving the European swine and bird elements) to become humanly transmittable, and then a human would have had to catch that virus from the Asian pigs — in Mexico!

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/14921
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is Pig made, they are trying to take over the world from mankind.

I might "root" for them. I am not sure they could mess things up worse than we have.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sounds about right.

Time to panic.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is pretty creepy. Im thinking of buying some BAX but there are a lot of fingers point at them as the creators of this new flu.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

this is definitively good timing for the national healthcare debate.. Glad that obamas home town pharmaceutical is in on it the same way that rumsfields company was in on the bird flu.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 272 Times in 246 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    It is Pig made, they are trying to take over the world from mankind.

I might "root" for them. I am not sure they could mess things up worse than we have.
    It was the pigs who introduced the nasal spray, 'Baconese' but they are not really professional in the drugs market. Just Hamateurs really.
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/blog.php?u=237
    If you feel so inclined a comment would be appreciated.

Respect a believers right to believe, but they should damn well repect our right to challenge such utterly illogical notions.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Everything is better with bacon!
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

More seriously, the Hinie flu is weak stuff, there is nothing like drumming up an artificial crisis...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

O_o

Chap goes off the deep end...
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    More seriously, the Hinie flu is weak stuff, there is nothing like drumming up an artificial crisis...
    It seems to be only slightly more deadly than the regular flu, true. Nothing like the avian flu that had massive fatality rates. That avian flue probably would've been so deadly it would've killed itself out though.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    It seems to be only slightly more deadly than the regular flu, true. Nothing like the avian flu that had massive fatality rates. That avian flue probably would've been so deadly it would've killed itself out though.
    It is actually quite a bit less deadly than the regular flu.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 272 Times in 246 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is quite a lot less deadly. Is it still a notifiable disease in the states?
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/blog.php?u=237
    If you feel so inclined a comment would be appreciated.

Respect a believers right to believe, but they should damn well repect our right to challenge such utterly illogical notions.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lowaicue View Post
    It is quite a lot less deadly. Is it still a notifiable disease in the states?
    They act like it is the second coming of small pox. Seriously, overkill be the name of the game.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The regular flu has a fatality rate of about 0.1%. Swine flu 0.01%, from these statics: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic_by_country[/ame] .

Kind of bizarre how it literally got weaker by mutating. Hearing Human-swine-avian flue just made it sound like the ultimate combination.

The WHO apparently decides if something is a pandemic or not by how far it reaches, and doesn't have any other metric. By that, regular flu should be an even greater pandemic every year. They might want to revise the definition in the future, taking into account the diseases ability to spread and kill people. "Pandemic" strikes such a horrifying chord, and shouldn't be used so lightly.
    Last edited by FUCK THE POLICE; 09-29-2009 at 03:27 PM.