Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racism at USO?

1. #1 | Top
    Cancel4 Guest

Default Racism at USO?

Serena Williams, the Black woman defending her US Open championship, was penalized in her semifinal match with white player Kim Clijsters.

In the lily-white world of women's professional tennis, Ms. Williams and her sister have often struggled to overcome racism.

White rightwing hate radio talker Don Imus infamously referred to Black woman athletes as "nappy-headed hos", revealing the true feelings of most white Americans.

Racism was a big factor in the shocking display last night, stunning the crowd in Forest Lawn's Arthur Ashe Stadium - which ironically is named for another Black champion.

A line judge claimed that Williams threatened her after she was double-faulted.

Replays proved it wasn't a fault after all, but the judge claimed that Ms. Williams "threatened" her.

Ms. Williams was stunned and replied “I didn’t say I would kill you, are you serious? I didn’t say that.’’

After the disgusting act of racism that ejected her from the tournament, Ms. Williams told reporters "I've never been in a fight in my whole life, so I don't know why she would have felt threatened."

"She was called for a foot fault, and a point later, she said something to a line umpire, and it was reported to the chair, and that resulted in a point penalty," a white official explained. "And it just happened that point penalty was match point. It was a code violation for unsportsmanlike conduct."

The only code I see is the usual one: whites only.
    Last edited by Cancel4; 09-13-2009 at 09:10 AM.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DNC View Post
    :tantrum:
    YAWN
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

3. #3 | Top
    Cancel4 Guest

So you're a white baby. No surprise there.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

now who couldn't of seen this coming from a mile away..
    Latest Reputation Received
    Letterman 10-03-2009 11:30 AM ZappasGuitar here's some payback...b*tch ;-)

5. #5 | Top
    Cancel4 Guest

I guess you could see Russia from 58 miles away, though. Right, liar?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I guess you could see Russia from 58 miles away, though. Right, liar?
    now who couldn't of seen this coming from a mile away..

7. #7 | Top
    Cancel4 Guest

Did you work at a base in NY too, liar?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Did you work at a base in NY too, liar?
    I've worked at different ones around the country..how bout you, do you work or are you still in school? and what grade, 5th..

9. #9 | Top
    Cancel4 Guest

I bet you don't even know where the USO is played, do you, liar?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I bet you don't even know where the USO is played, do you, liar?

I bet I don't care..

11. #11 | Top
    Cancel4 Guest

Now we know.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Serena Williams is fined $10,500 for tirade at U.S. Open
    There will also be further investigation of the incident, and more penalties are possible, according to a statement from the International Tennis Federation.

By Diane Pucin

6:13 PM PDT, September 13, 2009

Reporting from New York

Serena Williams will be fined a total of $10,500 for behavior deemed "unsportsmanlike conduct" and for racket abuse after her aggressive, obscenity-filled reaction to a critical foot fault called during her 6-4, 7-5 U.S. Open semifinal loss to Kim Clijsters on Saturday night.

There will also be further investigation of the incident, according to a statement from the International Tennis Federation that was released by the Open. The statement said, "additional penalties can be imposed."

Williams earned $350,000 for her singles semifinal finish and can earn as much as $205,000 if she and her sister Venus win the women's doubles final today.

After a lineswoman called a foot fault on a second serve, which gave Williams a double fault and put her a point away from the loss, Williams approached the lineswoman, shook a tennis ball in the direction of the woman's face and reportedly said, "If I could, I would take this . . . ball and . . . shove it down your throat."

Because Williams had already received a warning after breaking her racket at the end of the first set, her actions in confronting the lineswoman resulted in another code violation and a penalty point. That point was match point and gave Clijsters the win.

Through a public relations agency, Williams released a statement Sunday that said, "Last night everyone could truly see the passion I have for my job. Now that I have had time to gain my composure I can see that while I don't agree with the unfair line call, in the heat of battle I let my passion and emotion get the better of me and as a result handled the situation poorly."

ESPN2 and CBS tennis analyst Mary Carillo called the fine "a joke," and suggested Williams shouldn't be allowed to play the doubles final. "She should be out. How can you let her play? That woman was threatened and humiliated."

Pam Shriver, who is working for ESPN, said that one outcome of the incident might be a system in which foot-fault calls could be challenged and electronically reviewed.

"I think, after this, officials will find the need to address reviewing of foot faults," Shriver said. "I could see where, just like after the Serena-[Jennifer] Capriati match [in the 2004 Open] . . . ushered in the age of electronic line calls, this might usher in the age of the challenge of foot-fault calls."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...89,print.story

Just another superstar who thinks the rules do not apply to her.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

its becoming clear that DNC is really maineman's troll......

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Serena Williams, the Black woman defending her US Open championship, was penalized in her semifinal match with white player Kim Clijsters.

In the lily-white world of women's professional tennis, Ms. Williams and her sister have often struggled to overcome racism.

White rightwing hate radio talker Don Imus infamously referred to Black woman athletes as "nappy-headed hos", revealing the true feelings of most white Americans.

Racism was a big factor in the shocking display last night, stunning the crowd in Forest Lawn's Arthur Ashe Stadium - which ironically is named for another Black champion.

A line judge claimed that Williams threatened her after she was double-faulted.

Replays proved it wasn't a fault after all, but the judge claimed that Ms. Williams "threatened" her.

Ms. Williams was stunned and replied “I didn’t say I would kill you, are you serious? I didn’t say that.’’

After the disgusting act of racism that ejected her from the tournament, Ms. Williams told reporters "I've never been in a fight in my whole life, so I don't know why she would have felt threatened."

"She was called for a foot fault, and a point later, she said something to a line umpire, and it was reported to the chair, and that resulted in a point penalty," a white official explained. "And it just happened that point penalty was match point. It was a code violation for unsportsmanlike conduct."

The only code I see is the usual one: whites only.
    LOL total race-baiting.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    LOL total race-baiting.
    She was fined and removed, because she told no one she was half man and half woman.
    McCain to Obama. "If you don't like our bill, send troops to help us."

Obama, himself attempted to filibuster Justice Alito, who now sits on the Supreme Court.