Thread: Ukraine shoots down yet another A-50

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,242 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 146 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Ukraine shoots down yet another A-50

Every A-50 Radar Plane The Ukrainians Shoot Down Opens A Gap In Russian Radar Coverage—A Gap The Ukrainians Can Exploit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidax...h=6dcb2e6f17ee

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to serendipity For This Post:

Bigdog (02-26-2024), Guno צְבִי (03-15-2024), martin (03-14-2024), Nomad (03-14-2024)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

I reported on this days ago.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,242 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 146 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ukrainian defense official Kyrylo Budanov said that the Russian military has only a handful of its prized A-50 spy planes left after recent losses. On February 23, the Ukrainian Air Force claimed that it had shot down an A-50U craft over the Sea of Azov near the city of Primorsko-Akhtarsk. Krasnodar's emergency authorities later said an aircraft had crashed near the Trudovaya Armenia village and a fire was later extinguished. This was reportedly the second one of the prized spy planes that Kyiv had claimed responsibility for destroying this year.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I'm reading that Ukrainian artillery fire has become sporadic or non-existent in parts of the front, due to lack of ammunition and because Republicans have essentially cut off military aid

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-15-2024), Nomad (03-14-2024)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I reported on this days ago.
    A second A-50 plane was shot down. The Russians are not quite sure how these A-50 planes are being so accurately targeted far behind Russian lines, but it has got to have them scared. It appears that the Russian Air Force is having as bad of a time as the Russian Navy.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I'm reading that Ukrainian artillery fire has become sporadic or non-existent in parts of the front, due to lack of ammunition and because Republicans have essentially cut off military aid
    That has recently turned around. The Czechs have found a million shells for the Ukrainians, and that has freed up Ukrainian stockpiles for immediate use. Assumably the shells that the Czechs have purchased are going to arrive soon and replace the stockpiles.

The Europeans say this is good practice for if trump is elected. trump could completely cut off money to Ukraine, and the Europeans could replace all the money (and more difficultly the weapons that money buys) by midway through 2025. That would leave some difficult months of half rations, but probably not collapse Ukraine.

There is one major problem with that plan. The USA has most of the targeting expertise, and equipment that Ukraine depends on. It costs the USA almost nothing to use, but it could be cutoff by trump. That would require a huge investment in things like satellites, and maybe a decade to replace.

trump may yet be able to save Putin.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Cypress (03-15-2024)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    A second A-50 plane was shot down. The Russians are not quite sure how these A-50 planes are being so accurately targeted far behind Russian lines, but it has got to have them scared. It appears that the Russian Air Force is having as bad of a time as the Russian Navy.
    You are such a liar....the Ukrainians have been lying their asses off about Russian Air Force losses.....just about nobody believes them anymore.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are such a liar....the Ukrainians have been lying their asses off about Russian Air Force losses.....just about nobody believes them anymore.
    Everyone agrees the two A-50s ceased to exist. It assumably happened by the Ukrainians shooting them down far behind Russian lines. Exactly how is not public. I nearly wrote no one knows, but obviously the Ukrainians and possibly others do know.

Denying this all just makes Hawkeye look stupid and desperate.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Nomad (03-14-2024)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I need to point out that there has been some chatter on my grapevine that the A-50 mission might now be covered by just launched satellites. As well that there has never been any proof in evidence of the second A-50 being lost, the Russians have never admitted it, Russia is generally slaughtering the Ukrainians so there seems to be no problem, and as I said the Ukrainians have been recently even more than usual lying their asses off about Russian loses.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Everyone agrees the two A-50s ceased to exist. It assumably happened by the Ukrainians shooting them down far behind Russian lines. Exactly how is not public. I nearly wrote no one knows, but obviously the Ukrainians and possibly others do know.

Denying this all just makes Hawkeye look stupid and desperate.
    If you were telling the truth this would be proof that your information gathering network sucks....but you are a constant liar.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you were telling the truth this would be proof that your information gathering network sucks....but you are a constant liar.
    OK, you claim to have an amazing "grapevine", how did the two A-50s cease to exist?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-15-2024)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OK, you claim to have an amazing "grapevine", how did the two A-50s cease to exist?
    Do know that I rarely read you...I dont waste time on known liars this late in life....I did not read this post.

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do know that I rarely read you...I dont waste time on known liars this late in life....I did not read this post.
    So you have no answer to why the two Russian A-50s ceased to exist.

Let's take a step back and see how many countries are at war with Russia... That would be one: Ukraine. Oddly enough, the two A-50s were in the Ukrainian theater of war. Odd how that works out? So it would not be unreasonable to assume the Ukrainians shot down the planes. It is possible that the two planes suddenly had accidents, or that it was sabotage, but shooting down is the best guess.

The A-50s by definition are kept way behind Russian lines. They would have had to be shot down way behind Russian lines.

Oddly enough, there are many other Russian planes suddenly exploding and ceasing to exist in the Ukrainian theater. While again, we do not definitely know that it is the Ukrainians, it almost certainly is. Either that or suddenly Russian pilots have become very suicidal.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,167 Times in 14,705 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity View Post

Every A-50 Radar Plane The Ukrainians Shoot Down Opens A Gap In Russian Radar Coverage—A Gap The Ukrainians Can Exploit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidax...h=6dcb2e6f17ee
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    The Russians had three serviceable A-50s. This was barely enough to provide total coverage of the Ukrainian theater, part of the time. They could not cover the Ukrainian theater all the time. Now two have suddenly ceased to exist while in the air. That leaves one serviceable A-50.

And the Russians have got to be wondering how the Ukrainians are getting A-50s to cease to exist. They have to be thinking about moving their one last A-50 out of the theater.

Ground radar, and satellites can do some of what the A-50 does, but it means that Russia will have incomplete air space intelligence. And it also presents the question over whether we can call Russia a superpower anymore. India has three times as many A-50s as Russia does, and even more similar Israeli planes. The USA has 31 times as many AWACS, with NATO and other allies having a similar number.