Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden administration cancels $1.2B in student loans with new repayment plan

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

One of so many illustrations of how this regime is illegal and illegitimate....they do whatever the fuck they want to do.....the Constitution is dead.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Doesn't change you are dissing veterans.
    I did no such thing.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Starting Wednesday, President Biden will email 153,000 student loan borrowers enrolled in his signature repayment plan to let them know their debts ó totaling $1.2 billion ó have been forgiven.

The notice makes good on the administrationís promise to accelerate forgiveness for borrowers with low original balances who are enrolled in the Saving on a Valuable Education (Save) plan. Rather than wait 20 to 25 years for relief through other income-driven repayment plans, enrollees in the Save plan who borrowed less than $12,000 can have their debt wiped clean after 10 years of payments.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...n-forgiveness/
    At the end of this public school year, May or June, my youngest will get her master's degree in special ed student loan ($58K) forgiven because she has put in 10 years of teaching in public schools. Even though she teaches special needs/spec. ed./disabled students, she still makes less than the typical OTR trucker, journeyman plumber, or state govt. level politician. Anyone else see an issue here?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,242 Times in 13,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    At the end of this public school year, May or June, my youngest will get her master's degree in special ed student loan ($58K) forgiven because she has put in 10 years of teaching in public schools. Even though she teaches special needs/spec. ed./disabled students, she still makes less than the typical OTR trucker, journeyman plumber, or state govt. level politician. Anyone else see an issue here?
    Seems to me she should have taken a job as an OTR trucker, journeyman plumber, or the like rather than waste her time with an expensive master's degree... I can tell you that journeymen in most trades are skilled artisans and worth the money they get paid.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Earl (02-22-2024), RB 60 (02-25-2024)

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Seems to me she should have taken a job as an OTR trucker, journeyman plumber, or the like rather than waste her time with an expensive master's degree... I can tell you that journeymen in most trades are skilled artisans and worth the money they get paid.
    Of course, because everyone should do like in the old Soviet Union and take jobs in demand that serve the Mother Land, and not where their talents, skills, and heart lies.

My daughter was a special ed student herself in grade school. At age seven she declared that she wanted to be a teacher, a special ed teacher. She worked hard to get passing grades. She graduated with a BS in Education magma cum laude. Ditto for grad school. She has multiple sclerosis and has managed even so to continue to teach, to be a mom of two, and to be a role model to the new teachers they assign her to mentor, along with the student teachers she has every year.

You need to sit down and shut the fuck up about other people's life choices, careers, vocations. Be happy with the miserable little life you created for yourself, and stop jealousing over others' choices. Asshole.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,242 Times in 13,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Of course, because everyone should do like in the old Soviet Union and take jobs in demand that serve the Mother Land, and not where their talents, skills, and heart lies.

My daughter was a special ed student herself in grade school. At age seven she declared that she wanted to be a teacher, a special ed teacher. She worked hard to get passing grades. She graduated with a BS in Education magma cum laude. Ditto for grad school. She has multiple sclerosis and has managed even so to continue to teach, to be a mom of two, and to be a role model to the new teachers they assign her to mentor, along with the student teachers she has every year.

You need to sit down and shut the fuck up about other people's life choices, careers, vocations. Be happy with the miserable little life you created for yourself, and stop jealousing over others' choices. Asshole.
    No, people should realistically assess what jobs are available and what they pay in choosing a path forward. Choosing a career that you think is your 'calling' or one that you think will make you feel good about yourself is a delusion. There are those that choose a path to make lots of money and advance in power and importance within the existing system. There are those that choose to do something they excel at and end up making lots of money and gain status because of their success.

You have to be happy with your life choices, and if you choose a career that pays little but is satisfying to you over one that pays well but you have to put up with some grief to do, that's on you.

Don't complain about shitty pay in a career that pays for shit even if you love what you do. So, all the awards and accolades in the world and $5 gets you a cup of good coffee today. You want to get ahead? Do something other people will pay you lots of cash to do because you do it well. If what you do doesn't merit that, then either find another job or find a way to make what you do more valuable to others.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Earl (02-22-2024)

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hell no! It sends the message that if you do the right thing, the Left / Democrats will just fuck you in the ass as they pay off their cronies for being slackers and losers using your tax money...
    Quite telling that Freddie Mercury won’t answer the question.

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Dump BullShit on us and then run away is the SOP of these low quality fucks...

This is a Dark Age after all.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is my current antidote:

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #85 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,600 Times in 17,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Freddie paid his loans back.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nothing gets forgiven.

The loans are paid for by the taxpayers, many of whom have no children.

Parents who worked two jobs to help their children pay off these loans are now going to be paying for their neighbors' children's college loans.

Wrong, oh Hell yes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

RB 60 (02-22-2024)

15. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Democrats & decline in America.

Alexis De Tocqueville said "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money”

Can the nation survive buying the vote with other people's money?

16. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, people should realistically assess what jobs are available and what they pay in choosing a path forward. Choosing a career that you think is your 'calling' or one that you think will make you feel good about yourself is a delusion. There are those that choose a path to make lots of money and advance in power and importance within the existing system. There are those that choose to do something they excel at and end up making lots of money and gain status because of their success.

You have to be happy with your life choices, and if you choose a career that pays little but is satisfying to you over one that pays well but you have to put up with some grief to do, that's on you.

Don't complain about shitty pay in a career that pays for shit even if you love what you do. So, all the awards and accolades in the world and $5 gets you a cup of good coffee today. You want to get ahead? Do something other people will pay you lots of cash to do because you do it well. If what you do doesn't merit that, then either find another job or find a way to make what you do more valuable to others.
    IOW you believe that ppl should choose their future career based on monetary reasons rather than their talent, skills, and desires. You would have gone far in the old USSR. What a shame you were born here.

I'm very pleased that my daughter is having her student loan forgiven. How unfortunate that we have citizens who believe that teaching -- esp. children with special needs -- is a stupid choice of career.

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nothing gets forgiven.

The loans are paid for by the taxpayers, many of whom have no children.

Parents who worked two jobs to help their children pay off these loans are now going to be paying for their neighbors' children's college loans.

Wrong, oh Hell yes.

Lawsuits are being prepared.