Members banned from this thread: evince, PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, serendipity, Jade Dragon, Port Tack, Trumpet, saltydancin, Doc Dutch, Geeko Sportivo, Concart, BidenPresident and Gondwanaland

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A View from the Frontlines | Scott Ritter

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,811 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    His conviction is highly misleading- he was lured by 2 undercover police officers -pretending- to be minors. No minors were involved.
    Yea in two different states two different times He Pleaded guilty , 16 is a minor

He was charged in June 2001 with trying to set up a meeting with an undercover police officer posing as a 16-year-old girl.

Police said that he had tried to lure a 16-year-old girl — actually a Colonie undercover officer posing online — to a Burger King in Menands. That case was later adjourned in contemplation of dismissal — essentially dropped — and the record was sealed. At the time, Ritter suggested that the case was a smear campaign designed to silence him.

Less than a decade after that arrest, Ritter found himself in similar legal trouble.

He was convicted in 2011 in Monroe County, Pa., after Barrett Township police presented evidence that in 2009 he had masturbated in front of a webcam being viewed by an undercover officer who was posing as a 15-year-old girl.

Under the terms of his parole, Ritter can't possess weapons, must refrain from alcohol, and has agreed to drug testing and "outpatient sex offender treatment."

He can't have contact with anyone younger than 18 without approval from parole officials.

https://www.timesunion.com/local/art...se-5936227.php

Very telling that you defend him
    Last edited by Guno צְבִי; 02-13-2024 at 09:54 PM.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Cypress (02-14-2024)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

His conviction is highly misleading- he was lured by 2 undercover police officers -pretending- to be minors. No minors were involved.
    He thought they were minors, which makes him a child predator.

Do you want child predators off the street or not?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-18-2024)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    The judge thew the phony sex charges out.
    Ritter was convicted of most of the charges, which is the exact opposite of having the charges being thrown out. Ritter is a convicted felon. He served time in prison for his crimes. He was not allowed to leave the USA for a time, and now is not allowed into most other countries.

If I wanted to go to Canada, I could just go to Canada. I would answer a few questions at the border, and be in the country in a matter of minutes. Ritter would not be allowed into Canada. His felony conviction as a sex offender means Canada will not accept him.

So why is Russia letting him in?
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-18-2024)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    I have to wonder why and how the fuck a Texas native got elected to Governor of Florida.
    Jeb Bush lived in Florida for 19 years before becoming Governor of Florida. We can debate how long the residency should be before being elected governor, but 19 years seems reasonably long to me.

I am not a Bush supporter(any of the Bushs), but I do support Jeb Bush's eligibility to run for Governor.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Matt Dillon (02-27-2024), Phantasmal (02-18-2024)

9. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Ritter was convicted of most of the charges, which is the exact opposite of having the charges being thrown out. Ritter is a convicted felon. He served time in prison for his crimes. He was not allowed to leave the USA for a time, and now is not allowed into most other countries.

If I wanted to go to Canada, I could just go to Canada. I would answer a few questions at the border, and be in the country in a matter of minutes. Ritter would not be allowed into Canada. His felony conviction as a sex offender means Canada will not accept him.

Walt, your crime is being a government stooge. Ritter is a little too creepy for me but I don't know of a whistleblower who isn't.

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I’m sure Scott Ritter says whatever Putin wants him to say.
    Do you have any evidence for your belief?
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it" - Andre Gide

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you have any evidence for your belief?
    What a dreamer U R!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, it's not. It used to be part of the U.S.S.R., but that's about it.

Georgia's population has around 0.7% Russians. See for yourself, it's on the right hand side on this Wikipedia page under ethnic groups:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(country)

You know what country is a lot -more- Russian? Ukraine. Orders of magnitude more Russian. Not only were they also part of the U.S.S.R. before, but their population was composed of around 17% Russians according to the last census data on Wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine
    They have similarities to Russians.
    The separatists of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, certainly. The rest of Georgia, not so much. Bidzina Khatiashvili, Scott Ritter's father in law, lived in the city of Sukhumi, a town that was captured by the Abkhazia separatists on September 27, 1993. He along with many other Georgian civilians fled on foot, never to return to his home again. Scott Ritter wrote an article about Bidzina's ordeal you might be interested in taking a look at:

The Bridge | Scott Ritter

You got Wikipedia, I got a Ukranian uncle. Emigrated to the US in 1933. Er..had.

He died from spreading fertilizer by hand, and that wasn't no bullshit!
    I certainly have no Ukrainian family members, but I saw a documentary done of the Ukrainian Civil War before Russia's military intervention, wherein Ukrainians from the Donbass Republics speak of the bombardments of civilians undertaken by the Western Ukrainian government. Well worth a watch in my view. It's here:

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guno צְבִי View Post
    Yea in two different states two different times He Pleaded guilty , 16 is a minor
    I agree that 16 is a minor. I also repeat that no actual minors were involved. If you really want to get into the details of the case, I suggest you take a look at the thread I made on Scott Ritter here:

Former U.S. Marine and U.N. Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter | justplainpolitics.com

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    He thought they were minors
    I don't know about the first charge, which was dimissed, but in the second he stated at trial that he thought the undercover cop was not, in fact, a minor. He said he thought they were a housewife pretending to be 15.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ritter was convicted of most of the charges, which is the exact opposite of having the charges being thrown out.
    Actually, he was only convicted of most of the charges in the second instance. In the first, the charges were dismissed after a 6 month probation. Personally, I think the most important element is that no minor was actually involved. Both times he was charged, the only thing he was guilty of was having a sexual interaction with an undercover cop pretending to be a minor.

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post

Walt, your crime is being a government stooge. Ritter is a little too creepy for me but I don't know of a whistleblower who isn't.
    I corrected a lot of Walt's allegations in my previous post. As to Ritter being "creepy", I don't think so, but there's no question that he was charged and did time for at least playing along with the notion that he was sexually interacting with a minor.

There are plenty of whistleblowers that haven't been charged with this type of thing, some of whom have also covered the war in Ukraine. Canadian American journalist Eva Bartlett comes to mind, as well as former Navy petty officer Patrick Lancaster, who arrived in Ukraine in 2014 to cover the aftermath of the Maidan revolution and has been covering the conflict in Ukraine ever since.

That being said, I think that Scott Ritter is better than the aforementioned journalists when it comes to his expertise in military strategy.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know about the first charge, which was dimissed, but in the second he stated at trial that he thought the undercover cop was not, in fact, a minor. He said he thought they were a housewife pretending to be 15.
    He can claim whatever he wants to stay out of prison, but an American court weighed all the available evidence and determined be is a child predator.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-18-2024)

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    He can claim whatever he wants to stay out of prison, but an American court weighed all the available evidence and determined be is a child predator.
    If you still believe in the American so-called justice system then you are an idiot.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    If you still believe in the American so-called justice system then you are an idiot.
    "Ritter was arrested again in November 2009 over communications with a police decoy he met on an Internet chat site. Police said that he exposed himself, via a web camera, after the officer repeatedly identified himself as a 15-year-old girl."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-18-2024)