Members banned from this thread: evince, PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, serendipity, Jade Dragon, Port Tack, Trumpet, saltydancin, Doc Dutch, Geeko Sportivo, Concart, BidenPresident and Gondwanaland


Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: On President Putin's Interview with Tucker Carlson | Cynthia Chung

  1. #91 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    751
    Thanked 332 Times in 296 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    I generally only considered someone to be a liar if I've seen evidence that they don't believe what they're saying. I've never seen any evidence that Tai doesn't believe what he's saying. I think his main problem is he can be averse to really looking at information that conflicts with his worldview, which can make it difficult for him to see the untruths in it.
    I've had Hawkeye on permanent "ignore" for some time now and have told him so (although I keep forgetting to ban him on my created threads).
    I don't actually ignore anyone, but I imagine you've noticed my fairly extensive thread ban list. To me, the ignore option kind of strikes me as allowing someone to put a "kick me" sign on my back and thinking that it's fine because I can't see it. Thread bans, on the other hand, is the equivalent of not allowing someone to come to your party. Sure, they can gripe about it in someone else's party, but it's not the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    He's a crank who has some core conspiracy issues he periodically injects into my discussions and threads.
    As you may know, I'm rather fond of certain conspiracies myself, but I draw the line at assuming that someone is lying or, worse yet, an agent of some government or other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    P.S.: your last sentence is pure projection.
    Pfft, it was spot on :-p.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Add on your incessant need to have the last, repetitive word. Just saying.
    Not sure what y ou find repetitive about my last words -.- Anyway, if you'd like to say some more things in this thread, don't let me stop you. We may disagree on things, but it seems we both value civility even when we disagree with someone on something. This can be hard to find in forums sometimes.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it" - Andre Gide

  2. #92 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    53,864
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    5,329
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    Alright, I will grant you that it does appear that Tucker did privately say that he hated Trump. That does seem to be out of alignment with other things he has said about him, but I've never heard him -deny- that he wrote that, so there does seem to be some honesty there. I also think it's possible that Tucker may have -temporarily- hated Trump and has since changed his mind about him. As I imagine you know, I've personally never been a fan of Trump. As to the case regarding Dominion, I'm not familiar with the details, but I -have- heard that there has been evidence that voting machines have been rigged, and certainly not just from conservatives, so I wouldn't be surprised if many allegations against Dominion were true. One other thing- paying a fine does not mean that one is guilty. The truth isn't always revealed in courts of law.
    There is no such evidence. That is why Dominion prevailed. That statement says a lot about you. Fox had deep pockets and could not prove Dominion did wrong. They should have put you on the stand and you could tell them that you have heard Dominion machines were rigged. You would be laughed out of court.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

    Guno צְבִי (02-19-2024), Taichiliberal (03-10-2024)

  4. #93 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    751
    Thanked 332 Times in 296 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    Alright, I will grant you that it does appear that Tucker did privately say that he hated Trump. That does seem to be out of alignment with other things he has said about him, but I've never heard him -deny- that he wrote that, so there does seem to be some honesty there. I also think it's possible that Tucker may have -temporarily- hated Trump and has since changed his mind about him. As I imagine you know, I've personally never been a fan of Trump. As to the case regarding Dominion, I'm not familiar with the details, but I -have- heard that there has been evidence that voting machines have been rigged, and certainly not just from conservatives, so I wouldn't be surprised if many allegations against Dominion were true. One other thing- paying a fine does not mean that one is guilty. The truth isn't always revealed in courts of law.
    There is no such evidence.
    Seems to be plenty of evidence that Dominion Election Systems was up to shady things. Found an article published today on one such case:

    Sheriff Dar Leaf Announces Investigation into Michigan 2020 Election: Claims Possession of “Sensitive Documents” Tied to Dominion Employees and High-Profile Figures Including Jocelyn Benson and Dana Nessel — Accuses Muskegon County Prosecutor of Attempting to Usurp His Ongoing Investigation | Gateway Pundit
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it" - Andre Gide

  5. #94 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    20,928
    Thanks
    5,153
    Thanked 5,717 Times in 4,154 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 1,364 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Big deal. Seems the MAGA minions think that consistent repetition will get a different result. That didn't work when they tried to repeal Obamacare, didn't work when they tried to prove the 2020 election was rigged. But to keep the suckers funding campaigns and sending an alleged billionaire donations, they'll just keep banging that drum.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

    George Orwell

  6. #95 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    751
    Thanked 332 Times in 296 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Big deal. Seems the MAGA minions think that consistent repetition will get a different result. That didn't work when they tried to repeal Obamacare, didn't work when they tried to prove the 2020 election was rigged. But to keep the suckers funding campaigns and sending an alleged billionaire donations, they'll just keep banging that drum.
    I think we can agree that we're no longer talking about the subject of this thread, but I do believe that this subject deserves a thread of its own. So I've made one and responded to your post there:
    Investigations into the 2020 U.S. Presidential Elections | justplainpolitics.com
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it" - Andre Gide

  7. #96 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    20,928
    Thanks
    5,153
    Thanked 5,717 Times in 4,154 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 1,364 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    I think we can agree that we're no longer talking about the subject of this thread, but I do believe that this subject deserves a thread of its own. So I've made one and responded to your post there:
    Investigations into the 2020 U.S. Presidential Elections | justplainpolitics.com
    My response to that:

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...97#post5926997
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

    George Orwell

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

    Phoenyx (03-13-2024)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-12-2024, 08:16 AM
  2. Tucker Carlson confirms Vladimir Putin interview
    By ziggy in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-10-2024, 07:41 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-25-2023, 01:45 PM
  4. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-24-2022, 05:47 PM
  5. Tucker Carlson Blows Up at Rutger Bregman in Unaired Fox News Interview
    By StoneByStone in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-21-2019, 06:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •