Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is getting the H1N1 Vaccine?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Who is getting the H1N1 Vaccine?

Now that they are predicting 50% of population will get this version of the flu who here is planning to get the brand spanking new vaccination?

I for one never get experimental shots for any reason. If i catch it ill just get tamiflu which is dangerous enough.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chapdog View Post
    Now that they are predicting 50% of population will get this version of the flu who here is planning to get the brand spanking new vaccination?

I for one never get experimental shots for any reason. If i catch it ill just get tamiflu which is dangerous enough.
    I never get the regular flu shot... which is far more lethal than this new 'sniffles' strain.

no chance in hell I get this shot. If people want to know a reason healthcare costs go up... look no further than a make believe crisis. (Note: I am not suggesting this is a major cause of increases by any means, just pointing out the mindset)

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Not me. Don't do the flu shot thing.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

I won't be offered it for nothing and i wouldn't have it anyway.

I'll take my chances with a potentially lethal blocked up nose thanks very much.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

no vaccination for me.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    I won't be offered it for nothing and i wouldn't have it anyway.

I'll take my chances with a potentially lethal blocked up nose thanks very much.
    The flu isn't the cold, Charver. Enough people die of it every single year in the US to fill up my town three times. It's ignorant rot like that that's the cause of these preventable deaths.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Like any true patriot, I'm getting the vaccination.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    I never get the regular flu shot... which is far more lethal than this new 'sniffles' strain.
    No it isn't, retard. I swear, spreading lies like this should be a cause of arrest.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

None of us fall into the category where it would be given in any time frame that it might do some good. By the time it is available for the regular population it will have run its wave and you'd already have been sick if you were going to catch it.

Pregnant women and kids with asthma, that's who will be getting it first in mid-October, it takes two shots and the wave in the US usually lasts 6 to 8 weeks and the tide is already rising with cases reported in schools in the US. It will be over before the vaccination is available to most of us. Watermark can stand in a line of one getting a vaccination for a flu he's already suffered from.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chapdog View Post
    I for one never get experimental shots for any reason.
    Then catch your experimental sixth leading cause of death in the US, fool.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by 911America4EVER View Post
    Then catch your experimental sixth leading cause of death in the US, fool.
    you fricking moron. What part of the flu causes death? answer that.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    What part of the flu causes death?
    The virus part of it. It's the only part of it.

God, how many times were you dropped on your head as a child?

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

The flu isn't the cold, Charver. Enough people die of it every single year in the US to fill up my town three times. It's ignorant rot like that that's the cause of these preventable deaths.
    Luckily i am in a state tip top physical fitness and do not require the help of needle wielding medics to save me from some temporary mild discomfort.

Ma and Pa charver are in an at risk group and will therefore be having the vaccination at some point. If i'm desperate i can always pop round and feast on their blood.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The virus part of it. It's the only part of it.

God, how many times were you dropped on your head as a child?
    to quote you: 'retard'.

try learning something about health and medicine before attempting to sound like you know something at the age of 19

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    None of us fall into the category where it would be given in any time frame that it might do some good. By the time it is available for the regular population it will have run its wave and you'd already have been sick if you were going to catch it.

Pregnant women and kids with asthma, that's who will be getting it first in mid-October, it takes two shots and the wave in the US usually lasts 6 to 8 weeks and the tide is already rising with cases reported in schools in the US. It will be over before the vaccination is available to most of us. Watermark can stand in a line of one getting a vaccination for a flu he's already suffered from.
    quality! your absolutely right and even more right for those of us on the east coast this thing is already hitting.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.