Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 113

Thread: Ron DeSantis and Gavin Newsom Agree to Televised Debate

  1. #16 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    84,575
    Thanks
    2,454
    Thanked 16,092 Times in 10,259 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 561 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    What do you mean by intersectionally?

    Biden is about the same approval as Trump was at this point in his presidency, if you believe the modern day polls.
    OED definition.

    Intersectionality: the interconnected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, and gender as they apply to a given individual or group, regarded as creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage.
    "through an awareness of intersectionality, we can better acknowledge and ground the differences among us"
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

  2. #17 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    92,157
    Thanks
    9,607
    Thanked 32,953 Times in 21,052 Posts
    Groans
    290
    Groaned 5,447 Times in 4,967 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    She is pissed, which means that the Revolution has not figured out a solution. It might just be that she is going to be told to pound sand....her core base is the same people as Newsom...the CA elite...And Newsom will surely do a better job so the base will go "Newsom over Harris, sure"...what is she going to do about it?
    In your world, why would the base matter, neither would need votes or popularity, "they" (whoever that is) will just install whoever "they" want.
    )
    4,487

    18 U.S. Code 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.


    LOCK HIM UP!

  3. #18 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    67,340
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 14,774 Times in 12,342 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 1,335 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Dont forget Agnew, Harris can be dumped if need be, if she betrays the Revolution she will be gone in a heartbeat.
    "If you comply you will get panty dropper money" worked.

    BUCKLE UP!

  4. #19 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    41,120
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 21,457 Times in 13,492 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3,012 Times in 2,810 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The Revolution has amassed more than enough power to make sure their candidate is declared the winner....this so called election is banana republic farce.

    WAKEY WAKEY
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, the “Revolution,” might as well say the mice in the tree, about as relevant

  5. #20 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    67,340
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 14,774 Times in 12,342 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 1,335 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    In your world, why would the base matter, neither would need votes or popularity, "they" (whoever that is) will just install whoever "they" want.
    )
    Old America is dead....it was murder.
    "If you comply you will get panty dropper money" worked.

    BUCKLE UP!

  6. #21 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    84,575
    Thanks
    2,454
    Thanked 16,092 Times in 10,259 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 561 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    She is pissed, which means that the Revolution has not figured out a solution. It might just be that she is going to be told to pound sand....her core base is the same people as Newsom...the CA elite...And Newsom will surely do a better job so the base will go "Newsom over Harris, sure"...what is she going to do about it?
    I watched that woman on The View... Sunny I think her name is, flat say she would not vote for the Democrats if they get rid of Harris. Because they used intersectionality to make the original pick, that same intersectionality will be the defining characteristic of anyone they will get to replace anybody on the ticket. Since the VP is "next in line" replacing her is going to have to either be at a loss during a primary that they are not holding, or she will need to voluntarily do it, otherwise they will be left holding a bag of "go pound it" when they beg for votes from the intersectional value they disregarded.

    Actually she said, "We will not vote for you". At that time the conversation was about Biden selecting a new VP. Now you are reaching deeper and even more insulting... You don't get to replace a black woman with a rich white guy in today's Democratic Party.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

  7. #22 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    67,340
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 14,774 Times in 12,342 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 1,335 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Dont forget that Joes Brain (Jill) has sided with Harris, likely because they both understand that both are about to be cashiered by the Revolution....its time almost for the Big Switch.

    "FOR UTOPIA!"
    "If you comply you will get panty dropper money" worked.

    BUCKLE UP!

  8. #23 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    92,157
    Thanks
    9,607
    Thanked 32,953 Times in 21,052 Posts
    Groans
    290
    Groaned 5,447 Times in 4,967 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    OED definition.

    Intersectionality: the interconnected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, and gender as they apply to a given individual or group, regarded as creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage.
    "through an awareness of intersectionality, we can better acknowledge and ground the differences among us"
    Do you believe Michelle is at all likely to run for president?

    They are not the same "internationally" Michelle is of African slave American dissent.

    Kamilla is of Indian and Jamaican/African dissent.
    4,487

    18 U.S. Code 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.


    LOCK HIM UP!

  9. #24 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    92,157
    Thanks
    9,607
    Thanked 32,953 Times in 21,052 Posts
    Groans
    290
    Groaned 5,447 Times in 4,967 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Old America is dead....it was murder.
    So you wont answer the question?
    4,487

    18 U.S. Code 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.


    LOCK HIM UP!

  10. #25 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    92,157
    Thanks
    9,607
    Thanked 32,953 Times in 21,052 Posts
    Groans
    290
    Groaned 5,447 Times in 4,967 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I watched that woman on The View... Sunny I think her name is, flat say she would not vote for the Democrats if they get rid of Harris. Because they used intersectionality to make the original pick, that same intersectionality will be the defining characteristic of anyone they will get to replace anybody on the ticket. Since the VP is "next in line" replacing her is going to have to either be at a loss during a primary that they are not holding, or she will need to voluntarily do it, otherwise they will be left holding a bag of "go pound it" when they beg for votes from the intersectional value they disregarded.

    Actually she said, "We will not vote for you". At that time the conversation was about Biden selecting a new VP. Now you are reaching deeper and even more insulting... You don't get to replace a black woman with a rich white guy in today's Democratic Party.
    I understand your point, and it makes sense, but I do not believe Kamilla is as terrible as you guys think. In fact I think she is better than Biden.
    4,487

    18 U.S. Code 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.


    LOCK HIM UP!

  11. #26 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    84,575
    Thanks
    2,454
    Thanked 16,092 Times in 10,259 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 561 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Do you believe Michelle is at all likely to run for president?

    They are not the same "internationally" Michelle is of African slave American dissent.

    Kamilla is of Indian and Jamaican/African dissent.
    No, and I believe that even if they want to at this point replacing Biden will be difficult with any person other than Kamala due to the fact of what I would call her "intersectional value"... Newsom is low on that value chart, White Guys Have It Good, is the message we hear all the time.

    Anyway, I think that if the DNC doesn't change and start supporting a primary very soon they will have backed themselves into a corner and the only pathway out with a candidate other than pResident Biden or Kamala will be between Scylla and Charybdis.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

    gfm7175 (09-28-2023)

  13. #27 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    67,340
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 14,774 Times in 12,342 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 1,335 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I watched that woman on The View... Sunny I think her name is, flat say she would not vote for the Democrats if they get rid of Harris. Because they used intersectionality to make the original pick, that same intersectionality will be the defining characteristic of anyone they will get to replace anybody on the ticket. Since the VP is "next in line" replacing her is going to have to either be at a loss during a primary that they are not holding, or she will need to voluntarily do it, otherwise they will be left holding a bag of "go pound it" when they beg for votes from the intersectional value they disregarded.

    Actually she said, "We will not vote for you". At that time the conversation was about Biden selecting a new VP. Now you are reaching deeper and even more insulting... You don't get to replace a black woman with a rich white guy in today's Democratic Party.
    America will be in much more desperate condition a year from now as the collapse continues....The Revolution betraying WOKE ideology (which is nonsense anyway) to do the Big Switch wont be much of a problem......the Revolution rank and file will continue to do as they are told.
    "If you comply you will get panty dropper money" worked.

    BUCKLE UP!

  14. #28 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    84,575
    Thanks
    2,454
    Thanked 16,092 Times in 10,259 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 561 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I understand your point, and it makes sense, but I do not believe Kamilla is as terrible as you guys think. In fact I think she is better than Biden.
    I think her brain does function and that's a plus, however her popularity among the voters is lower than Biden's and he has around 70% of the nation thinking someone else should run. I think Kamala is a better choice than Biden, but I don't think she's a winning option.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

  15. #29 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    84,575
    Thanks
    2,454
    Thanked 16,092 Times in 10,259 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 561 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    America will be in much more desperate condition a year from now as the collapse continues....The Revolution betraying WOKE ideology (which is nonsense anyway) to do the Big Switch wont be much of a problem......the Revolution rank and file will continue to do as they are told.
    I hope I find a job soon. I don't want to be unemployed or only part time employed as I am now during the economic apocalypse that appears to be almost upon us. Of course that may be my perspective talking. I'm getting certified before I start looking again because just experience wasn't cutting it. LOL
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

  16. #30 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    67,340
    Thanks
    3,088
    Thanked 14,774 Times in 12,342 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 1,335 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I hope I find a job soon. I don't want to be unemployed or only part time employed as I am now during the economic apocalypse that appears to be almost upon us.
    It is and it will last for decades.

    I should mention that the really big threat to the Revolution is that those who took the Death Jabs start dying in large numbers, big enough that no one can anymore pretend that they are not poison. That wont change America being ashes but it might generate a counter revolution, which would change who is in charge of the ashes.
    "If you comply you will get panty dropper money" worked.

    BUCKLE UP!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-31-2023, 03:08 AM
  2. Gavin Newsom vs Kamala Harris
    By cawacko in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2022, 07:09 AM
  3. Gavin Newsom's military tribunal
    By Blazed Pascal in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-18-2022, 05:53 AM
  4. Getting Rid Of Gavin Newsom
    By Flanders in forum Sports, Hobbies & Pictures
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2021, 08:33 AM
  5. Gavin Newsom SF Mayor has an affair
    By Robdawg in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 07:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •