Thread: republicans Vs afghanistan

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Default republicans Vs afghanistan

i think that the reps will come out against the afghan war

they are already calling it bho's war...
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Of course they will. We do not have a Republican president now.
    But they were for it before they were against it.

but only dems are flip floppers?

I have a bit of difficulty grasping "Republican logic".
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Of course they will. We do not have a Republican president now.
    But they were for it before they were against it.

but only dems are flip floppers?

I have a bit of difficulty grasping "Republican logic".
    opportunistic politician logic
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

?

where do you get this from? so what you're saying is....obama's command of the war in afghanistan and his change in strategy from bush doesn't make it his?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote View Post
    opportunistic politician logic
    lol... wait, you guys are calling Republicans flip-floppers and citizen is projecting all over the place because DQ thinks the Republicans might turn against it? And particular reason you think they might turn against it DQ? Any evidence to back up what you believe?

Barack Obama sure as hell didn't start the war in Afghanistan and I don't think he was even in Congress at the time it started. But as CIC what we do going forward is his call. So yeah as CIC you stand to be the one congratulated or criticized based on your decisions. It's as if the mere thought that something might occur where Obama might get critized turns you and citizen into little whiny teenagers (no offense DQ).

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pitiful attempt at deflection Cawacko.
    c-
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Pitiful attempt at deflection Cawacko.
    c-
    both cawacko and i have asked where you guys get this from? and this is your answer....

F

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    both cawacko and i have asked where you guys get this from? and this is your answer....

F
    LMAO!!! That was his response? So DQ says 'I think the Republicans are going to turn against Afghanistan'. (I apologize Yurt for not including you here if you said the same thing) So I ask DQ why he believes that or if he has any evidence and that is deflecting?

Based on what DQ says citizen then starts talking about Republicans flip-flopping and were for it before they were against it and how he can't understand them all based upon DQ saying he thinks the Republicans won't support the war in Afghanistan. That is classic projection right there. And that is exactly what I responded to. Where is there any deflection in that? There isn't. You just got called out citizen and don't like it so you throw out a baseless accusation. Step up your game sir.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    ?

where do you get this from? so what you're saying is....obama's command of the war in afghanistan and his change in strategy from bush doesn't make it his?
    bush started the war with regard to his declaration of war on terrorism

bho has found it necessary to continue the war and give it the priority that it deserved

perhaps it would be best to say that it is both of their war

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    LMAO!!! That was his response? So DQ says 'I think the Republicans are going to turn against Afghanistan'. (I apologize Yurt for not including you here if you said the same thing) So I ask DQ why he believes that or if he has any evidence and that is deflecting?

Based on what DQ says citizen then starts talking about Republicans flip-flopping and were for it before they were against it and how he can't understand them all based upon DQ saying he thinks the Republicans won't support the war in Afghanistan. That is classic projection right there. And that is exactly what I responded to. Where is there any deflection in that? There isn't. You just got called out citizen and don't like it so you throw out a baseless accusation. Step up your game sir.
    i saw a rep us senator on cnn saying that he would not support putting more troops into afganistan...other than mccain

i think that the reps will use the afghan war against bho even if bushco started it

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote View Post
    bush started the war with regard to his declaration of war on terrorism

bho has found it necessary to continue the war and give it the priority that it deserved

perhaps it would be best to say that it is both of their war
    yes, i agree with that....i haven't heard anyone say it isn't bush's war to begin with....

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pakistan has nukes folks.

There is a reason we need to help defeat the Taliban's ambition in the area.

13. #13 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post

The "Muslims bomb", the only Muslims bomb.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post

sadly, i agree

seems strange what with the war on drugs and all that we have to support a nation that is the main producer of heroin/opium

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

We cant just walk out of the area and leave because of the mess the area is in.

I wish we could leave but Bush screwed it up but good by ignoring the true threat in the area to go after the money maker for him and his cronies.