Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: public option dead?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Default public option dead?

it looks like the dems have shot themselves in the foot over the public option for health care reform

this leaves the insurance companies to do what they like without serious competition - the proposed coops are insufficient

where are the no gender discrimination, no preexisting condition discrimination and no canceling if an insured gets seriously ill provisions

150 million in contributions to congress critters is paying off for the insurance companies
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

you have got to be kidding me, so the over 50% of the American people who are now against this, is now all being paid off by the insurance companies??

what don't you people NOT understand about people not wanting the Federal Government taking over the decisions about their HEALTH CARE..
    Last edited by meme; 08-18-2009 at 12:30 AM.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    you have got to be kidding me, so the over 50% of the American people who are now against this, is now all paid off by the insurance companies??

what don't you people NOT understand about people not wanting the Federal Government taking over the decisions about their HEALTH CARE..
    They're misinformed. They, like yourself, don't know why the hell they oppose it. They oppose it because they see some scary lies about killing grandma, death panels, etc. You still think the government is going to be "taking over" and making decisions for your healthcare. But you can't tell me how or where in HR 3200 it provides for such things.

You will not see a bill leave the house without a strong public option. It's guaranteed. What happens in the senate is anyone's guess.

My guess is all these sabres rattling about getting rid of the option is going to mobilize the liberal/progressive constituents to lobby heavily to get it back in, and the six obstructionist/enabling Democrats in the senate will cave by November.

The president will sign a bill with a strong public option.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ib1yysguy View Post
    They're misinformed. They, like yourself, don't know why the hell they oppose it. They oppose it because they see some scary lies about killing grandma, death panels, etc.

You will not see a bill leave the house without a strong public option. It's guaranteed. What happens in the senate is anyone's guess.

My guess is all these sabres rattling about getting rid of the option is going to mobilize the liberal/progressive constituents to lobby heavily to get it back in, and the six obstructionist/enabling Democrats in the senate will cave by November.

The president will sign a bill with a strong public option.
    oh yeah that is right, we are all misinformed and the Democrats are all telling us the truth..
    have you seen the latest polls...not many people consider themselves commies..I mean progressives..
    my prediction, you all sign this bill against the wishes of the American people...I for one will be happy to see it..nice knowing you all in the failed and dead progressive-Democrat party..

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

oh yeah that is right, we are all misinformed and the Democrats are all telling us the truth..
    have you seen the latest polls...not many people consider themselves commies..I mean progressives..
    my prediction, you all sign this bill against the wishes of the American people...I for one will be happy to see it..nice knowing you all in the failed and dead progressive-Democrat party..
    If you're not misinformed, tell me how HR 3200 is a "take over" of your health decisions.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

(almost an hour later) I didn't think you could.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

There can really be no meaningful reform of our health care system with out public option. Self centered special interest has triumphed over the national interest.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ib1yysguy View Post
    They're misinformed.
    if there is any misinformation involved, it can be laid squarely at the feet of the Democrats....after all, they were the ones that presented this plan and insisted on trying to pass it before it had even been read and certainly without any debate in Congress.....

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    There can really be no meaningful reform of our health care system with out public option. Self centered special interest has triumphed over the national interest.
    to be honest, I can live with a public option.....it was taking an axe to the private option that destroyed this plan.....

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

you have got to be kidding me, so the over 50% of the American people who are now against this, is now all being paid off by the insurance companies??

first, by what poll

second, what about the millions receiving federal health care benefits, VA benefits and medicare benefits

not mention the private insurance committees that decide your health care
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

I think we need about 9 to 18 months more debate about it. That way cap and scheme is not in the works before the recovery takes hold.
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    I think we need about 9 to 18 months more debate about it. That way cap and scheme is not in the works before the recovery takes hold.
    This would be an effective means of educating people as well, the ideas should be put out there and discussed and a consensus reached. Passing far-reaching legislation against the will of your constituency is a mistake of epic proportions when it happens right at the beginning of an election cycle. I don't believe that they will pass anything this year.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    This would be an effective means of educating people as well, the ideas should be put out there and discussed and a consensus reached. Passing far-reaching legislation against the will of your constituency is a mistake of epic proportions when it happens right at the beginning of an election cycle. I don't believe that they will pass anything this year.
    Not according to Bob Beckel, Sr Political Analyst (Liberal) for, GASP!, FoxNews!

He so haughtily reported that it will be passed by the end of the year in his usual pompous-assed, brook no argument fashion.

If it doesn't, I can't wait to see that jackass squirm in his seat on national television as he spits and sputters about why those evil Repubs foiled a beautiful thing.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Obama tossed socialized medicine under the bus.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by usaloyal2theend View Post
    Not according to Bob Beckel, Sr Political Analyst (Liberal) for, GASP!, FoxNews!

He so haughtily reported that it will be passed by the end of the year in his usual pompous-assed, brook no argument fashion.
    I hate that fat union thug bastard.