Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trump's attorneys unable to locate sensitive military document he discussed on tape

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    The fact that the whacky right doesn't see that they're supporting a demagogue who has presented the greatest danger to free society in almost 300 years is both tragic and sickening.
    Says a person who cannot see that they support a demented basement dweller who collected classified documents at his house like they were his personal library and only gave them back when Trump was caught with some and he thought it would make him "look good" to "voluntarily discover" some illegally gathered classified documents.

Both of the past two Presidents have been horrible choices, and can't seem to stop themselves from collecting information that they should not have. While I agree that Trump is a stumbling child king, I see with my own eyes the utter lunatic professional-level hypocrisy of folks who defend the current dementia patient in chief.

It isn't even that "Biden did it too" so much as "Biden did it for decades and collected far more material that he never gave up until decades later"...

When it comes to classified documents, neither of these men have a moral high ground and pretending that you are "shocked" over one when supporting the other is just hypocrisy. If you care about the one, you should not forgive the other.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Lightbringer (06-06-2023)

3. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Says a person who cannot see that they support a demented basement dweller who collected classified documents at his house like they were his personal library and only gave them back when Trump was caught with some and he thought it would make him "look good" to "voluntarily discover" some illegally gathered classified documents.

Both of the past two Presidents have been horrible choices, and can't seem to stop themselves from collecting information that they should not have. While I agree that Trump is a stumbling child king, I see with my own eyes the utter lunatic professional-level hypocrisy of folks who defend the current dementia patient in chief.

It isn't even that "Biden did it too" so much as "Biden did it for decades and collected far more material that he never gave up until decades later"...

When it comes to classified documents, neither of these men have a moral high ground and pretending that you are "shocked" over one when supporting the other is just hypocrisy. If you care about the one, you should not forgive the other.
    It's tome to stop your bullshit. Trump purposefully took documents. Trump refused to return them. Trump lied about still having them, and the worst is that he was most likely showing them to other people. Then we can only wonder if he gave some away, or sold some of them.

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

1. I've seen no evidence that Biden stashed more of a quantity of classified material than trump did.

2. I've seen no evidence that any of the documentation Biden collected was classified as "Top Secret".

3. Biden didn't try to withhold the material after it was discovered, or lie and falsely claim he had returned it all.

4. Pence did the same thing as Biden, but I've not seen any trump fan or anyone on the right call Pence out for doing it, or call him "demented".

5. We still don't know if trump endangered America by showing top secret docs to others, but based on the fact they were in his office desk, I would not be surprised.

I'm not suggesting Biden or Pence get a medal for returning government docs, but comparing their situation to what trump did is wrong-headed.

In my opinion, of course.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

evince (06-05-2023)

6. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Did Hillary send those documents to herself?
    She responded to emails containing them and asked for them. The report indicated that even SCI that was marked as such was stored on the server and that it was certain that the server had been hacked. The handling of Classified information by HillBillary was way worse than some being in Trump's basement, pretty much anyone with more than rudimentary computer knowledge who knew about the server had access to it due to the lax security on it.

Keeping SCI in any form, whether received or sent, and discussing it in any place other than a SCIF or encrypted to be secure for such communication is illegal. I would be in prison still (well, maybe I might be on parole by now) had I done even a portion of what she did with this email server of hers.

While Comey pretended nobody would be prosecuted for this kind of thing, there are real people in prison today for mishandling SCI material at a much less egregious level than keeping the material on an unsecured email server in Funk and Wagnell's basement bathroom closet.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    It's tome to stop your bullshit. Trump purposefully took documents. Trump refused to return them. Trump lied about still having them, and the worst is that he was most likely showing them to other people. Then we can only wonder if he gave some away, or sold some of them.
    Dude, keeping documents in your house for decades is a way more egregious violation of the law than having them in a locked basement room. Seriously, it really is.

I can imagine a President working on some documents in their house. Had that been the case with Brandon I would agree with you, but this was not that. The guy threw some documents on a shelf in his garage next to his Corvette, had them all over his house for decades. Pretending he "gave them up voluntarily" after illegally collecting them for more than 3 decades in his home is laughable.

He thought he'd show how he was "better", then suddenly we found out that he'd been illegally collecting documents that had no legal means of getting there in his house for decades. Senators are NOT allowed to take the documents from the SCIF, nor to take notes or any electronic means of copying them with them into the SCIF.

These documents had no means of even getting there without him first breaking the frickin' law.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

So now you liked Obama?

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Damo

You defending Trump is utter stupidity

Trump will be charged

Biden will not

For the same reason you didn’t get to “lock her up” for all the idiot crap you believed about Hilary

Your brain cells have rotted

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dude, keeping documents in your house for decades is a way more egregious violation of the law than having them in a locked basement room. Seriously, it really is.

I can imagine a President working on some documents in their house. Had that been the case with Brandon I would agree with you, but this was not that. The guy threw some documents on a shelf in his garage next to his Corvette, had them all over his house for decades. Pretending he "gave them up voluntarily" after illegally collecting them for more than 3 decades in his home is laughable.

He thought he'd show how he was "better", then suddenly we found out that he'd been illegally collecting documents that had no legal means of getting there in his house for decades. Senators are NOT allowed to take the documents from the SCIF, nor to take notes or any electronic means of copying them with them into the SCIF.

These documents had no means of even getting there without him first breaking the frickin' law.
    If you must lie, try to make it credible. It's a fact that Trump had highly sensitive documents, sitting on his office desk that could be viewed by anyone. It's a fact that few if any were locked up. It's also a fact that he refused to return them, that he lied about them and most likely showed them around to friends and foe.
    Had he done the right thing, and returned all of them immediately as so many others have done, this would have been forgotten about long ago. Its obvious that you will say and do anything to protect him, fortunately the DOJ and FBI dont give a fuck what you think.

11. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,689 Times in 5,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

She responded to emails containing them and asked for them. The report indicated that even SCI that was marked as such was stored on the server and that it was certain that the server had been hacked. The handling of Classified information by HillBillary was way worse than some being in Trump's basement, pretty much anyone with more than rudimentary computer knowledge who knew about the server had access to it due to the lax security on it.

Keeping SCI in any form, whether received or sent, and discussing it in any place other than a SCIF or encrypted to be secure for such communication is illegal. I would be in prison still (well, maybe I might be on parole by now) had I done even a portion of what she did with this email server of hers.

While Comey pretended nobody would be prosecuted for this kind of thing, there are real people in prison today for mishandling SCI material at a much less egregious level than keeping the material on an unsecured email server in Funk and Wagnell's basement bathroom closet.
    So you are saying Trump clearly broke the law?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

12. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    If you must lie, try to make it credible. It's a fact that Trump had highly sensitive documents, sitting on his office desk that could be viewed by anyone. It's a fact that few if any were locked up. It's also a fact that he refused to return them, that he lied about them and most likely showed them around to friends and foe.
    Had he done the right thing, and returned all of them immediately as so many others have done, this would have been forgotten about long ago. Its obvious that you will say and do anything to protect him, fortunately the DOJ and FBI dont give a fuck what you think.
    I am not lying, it was what was found in Brandon's house. If you must lie, stop lying to yourself.

I did not forgive Trump for his documents, you just pretend I did. I simply pointed out that it is far worse to illegally bring documents to your home to randomly scatter them about for decades. He broke the law so many more times than Trump, and in a way that was far worse. Those documents they found from his Senate days had no legal means of getting there, let alone residing in his house for decades until he decided he'd give them back in an attempt to make a political opponent "look bad".

Cooperation decades later is only "cooperation" in the mind of an ideologue.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    They knew the plans when Hillary put them on her private server.
    What an out dated lame attempt at deflection!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

14. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    So you are saying Trump clearly broke the law?
    If this tape exists then I would say yes. Just as I would say it is clear that Brandon broke the law when documents that had no legal means to get into his house were found from days where he did not have access to them other than from the SCIF under the Capital. Even had he not brought them there himself, and there is no reasonable explanation as to how so many got there that doesn't start with him bringing them there, having them there and not returning them was illegal in and of itself.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

15. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am not lying, it was what was found in Brandon's house. If you must lie, stop lying to yourself.

I did not forgive Trump for his documents, you just pretend I did. I simply pointed out that it is far worse to illegally bring documents to your home to randomly scatter them about for decades. He broke the law so many more times than Trump, and in a way that was far worse. Those documents they found from his Senate days had no legal means of getting there, let alone residing in his house for decades until he decided he'd give them back in an attempt to make a political opponent "look bad".

FYI Trump is a criminal
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

16. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Michaels View Post
    FYI Trump is a criminal
    By that measure, so is pResident Brandon.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

17. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are offering up your opinion, which is not based upon fact only your hate for this President. As to any details you know nothing.
    Its truly incredible that you think a former president took national security classified documents, refused to return them, lied about having them and then showed them to who knows how many people.
    My friend that is espionage, and it has nothing to do with anyone else who also had secured documents, which by the way, were immediately returned.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...bers#xj4y7vzkg