Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden falls on his face on stage at Air Force Academy graduation.

1. #331 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,553 Times in 17,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Doubtful. Agreed. Still, the pattern of their mental and physical deterioration is easily determined.
    Trump is more likely to flatline than Biden. He is fat, does no exercise and shows deterioration mentally.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-02-2023), QP! (06-02-2023)

3. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,569 Times in 51,892 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is more likely to flatline than Biden. He is fat, does no exercise and shows deterioration mentally.
    Agreed. How that convince people to vote for Biden over a Third Party candidate if the two major parties are running geezers who many not live out their terms?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,058 Times in 2,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 71 Times in 70 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Yet he generally knows what room he is in, doesn't need to be guided by the easter bunny - and doesn't shake hands with invisible people.

Quid Pro is extremely senile. He has lucid moments, but more often he is not lucid.

And you know it - but you hold party WAY above the nation so you don't give a fuck.

If you're 80, you're on your way out - at best you have 10 years left. So why do you fight to end the Constitutional Republic? Do you hate your children and grand children, and want to fuck everything up so they suffer?

5. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 Times in 2,135 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 245 Times in 239 Posts

Of course. OTOH, you are going with the "lesser of two evils" strategy and I gave up on that in 2012.

Yes, Biden is the best person to win in an election because the Democrats have no one better. I get it.

The Republican Convention is July 15-18, 2024. The Democratic Convention is August 19 to 22, 2024. Are you saying you're riding Biden all the way until a month before your convention before deciding to go with someone else if DeSantis or someone else runs?

To some extent they are just doing the same bullshit the Democrats did/do with Trump's slippery ramp. I'm posting about good, decent candidates, you're constantly talking about matters of degree. Yes, Trump is worse in all things. That's not a reason for vote Democrat. It's only a reason not to vote Republican.
    I hate the lesser of two evils strategy generally. I would generally rather vote in someone who is principled and might lose over someone who is not, but has the better chance to win. That is how we ended up with Hilary versus Trump. #1 and #2 for lowest ratings. But there are certain threats that will prove to be more than just a 4 year inconvenience, if they win, shifting a line that can be shifted back later. Trump is that type of threat.

If Trump gets another term i think he will break the US democracy. Steve Bannon talks about Trumps key failing this time, and they are laser focused on not allowing it to happen again and in fact using it to their advantage.

As bad as Trump was, he was often backed down by the threat of mass resignations at the DOJ and DoD and other departments when he was pushing his worst instincts. Bannon calls it the 'courage to follow thru'. When a thousand top people at DoD or DoJ say 'we will quit', Trump will be ready to say 'have all your resignations on my desk by the morning', and he will have his lists ready to fill all the top spots with unconfirmed Trumpest leaders who will give orders to follow his worst commands. They want to purge key instittions like DoD and DoJ and have in all their people and then move to assert Orban or Erdogan like control with no left in positions of power able to stop him.

6. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QP! View Post
    I hate the lesser of two evils strategy generally. I would generally rather vote in someone who is principled and might lose over someone who is not, but has the better chance to win. That is how we ended up with Hilary versus Trump. #1 and #2 for lowest ratings. But there are certain threats that will prove to be more than just a 4 year inconvenience, if they win, shifting a line that can be shifted back later. Trump is that type of threat.

If Trump gets another term i think he will break the US democracy. Steve Bannon talks about Trumps key failing this time, and they are laser focused on not allowing it to happen again and in fact using it to their advantage.

As bad as Trump was, he was often backed down by the threat of mass resignations at the DOJ and DoD and other departments when he was pushing his worst instincts. Bannon calls it the 'courage to follow thru'. When a thousand top people at DoD or DoJ say 'we will quit', Trump will be ready to say 'have all your resignations on my desk by the morning', and he will have his lists ready to fill all the top spots with unconfirmed Trumpest leaders who will give orders to follow his worst commands. They want to purge key instittions like DoD and DoJ and have in all their people and then move to assert Orban or Erdogan like control with no left in positions of power able to stop him.
    Sooo...Trump is so evil that you'll vote for the lesser evil to enjure he loses. Your choice.

There's that risk. Your strategy reminds me of the Vietnam War aphorism, "We have to burn the village in order to save it". Personally, I have more faith in the American people than you...but I still own enough guns to arm a squad just in case. LOL

I concede that Donald J. Trump, the 45th President, is a fucking moron, a traitor, a pedophile, a sexual predator, a draft-dodger and, in general, one of the biggest scumbags ever to serve in elected office.

7. #336 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sooo...Trump is so evil that you'll vote for the lesser evil to enjure he loses. Your choice.

There's that risk. Your strategy reminds me of the Vietnam War aphorism, "We have to burn the village in order to save it". Personally, I have more faith in the American people than you...but I still own enough guns to arm a squad just in case. LOL

I concede that Donald J. Trump, the 45th President, is a fucking moron, a traitor, a pedophile, a sexual predator, a draft-dodger and, in general, one of the biggest scumbags ever to serve in elected office.
    Yes. Trump poses a threat that even DeSantis does not, imo. He is a true authoritarian and a bit of sociopath. He has one driving ethos and that is what is good for Trump is all that matters. He would sell the USA to China or Russia for personal enrichment. He could not GAF about anything else. He would have no issue jailing everyone who disagreed with him, most of the media and most of the FBI to consolidate his power.

If you want to be Ned Stark and lose your head and see your family destroyed while you feel pride that you took the high road and stuck to principle, i have no issue with you going out that way. I am not following. I would torch Cersei and do what had to be done to protect my family.

8. #337 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,539 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post
    Yet he generally knows what room he is in, doesn't need to be guided by the easter bunny - and doesn't shake hands with invisible people.

Quid Pro is extremely senile. He has lucid moments, but more often he is not lucid.

And you know it - but you hold party WAY above the nation so you don't give a fuck.

If you're 80, you're on your way out - at best you have 10 years left. So why do you fight to end the Constitutional Republic? Do you hate your children and grand children, and want to fuck everything up so they suffer?
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

9. #338 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes. Trump poses a threat that even DeSantis does not, imo. He is a true authoritarian and a bit of sociopath. He has one driving ethos and that is what is good for Trump is all that matters. He would sell the USA to China or Russia for personal enrichment. He could not GAF about anything else. He would have no issue jailing everyone who disagreed with him, most of the media and most of the FBI to consolidate his power.

If you want to be Ned Stark and lose your head and see your family destroyed while you feel pride that you took the high road and stuck to principle, i have no issue with you going out that way. I am not following. I would torch Cersei and do what had to be done to protect my family.
    Again, agreed. So what? Like Osama bin Laden, isolated and alone, he's just man. It's those who support him who are the problem. DeSantis is Trump-lite, but pushing the same ideology; white supremacy, anti-abortion, anti-women, anti-gay, roll the clock back to the "good old days" of pre-CRA. You are wrong to think beating Trump in an election will fix our nation's problems.

Thanks for confirming that you consider honor, morals and justice to be secondary to party politics. It's revealing...along with your fantasyland ideology.

10. #339 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again, agreed. So what? Like Osama bin Laden, isolated and alone, he's just man. It's those who support him who are the problem. DeSantis is Trump-lite, but pushing the same ideology; white supremacy, anti-abortion, anti-women, anti-gay, roll the clock back to the "good old days" of pre-CRA. You are wrong to think beating Trump in an election will fix our nation's problems.

Thanks for confirming that you consider honor, morals and justice to be secondary to party politics. It's revealing...along with your fantasyland ideology.
    DeSantis is Trumplite, but i do not believe he will break the government Erdogan or Putin style or Trump style so that is the difference you keep ignoring. Things swaying right or left for periods, are not that big an issue. Turning the US into Turkey or Hungary is a very big deal. As POTUS Trump would not be just a man. He would be POTUS and that matters, especially if he gives orders to all department heads that makes have no choice but to resign and he can then fill every top spot with Michael Flynn types. That matters.

And ya, i found NEd Starks morals admirable but i also think he was foolish and dangerous to his family, and the entire community that relied on him.

I totally get people like you think he does the right thing, holding to his moral and dying on his shield. I get that as his family and entire community are all burned out people like you say 'yeah but he did the right thing'. I get that as Cersei rises to power causing even more misery you say 'yeah but he did the right thing'.

I am not being sarcastic. I get that there are people who believe holding to your morals makes all the rest worth it.

I am not that guy. I will save my family, neighbours and community and burn the despot out and feel no remorse for it.

11. #340 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,553 Times in 17,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 View Post

You are so dishonest. Your simple childish claims are not worth the trouble of dealing with. Biden is fine. Mccarthy just worked him a few weeks and said that. You keep making your claims because your self delusion works on you. You really do need help.

12. #341 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

DeSantis is Trumplite, but i do not believe he will break the government Erdogan or Putin style or Trump style so that is the difference you keep ignoring. Things swaying right or left for periods, are not that big an issue. Turning the US into Turkey or Hungary is a very big deal. As POTUS Trump would not be just a man. He would be POTUS and that matters, especially if he gives orders to all department heads that makes have no choice but to resign and he can then fill every top spot with Michael Flynn types. That matters.

And ya, i found NEd Starks morals admirable but i also think he was foolish and dangerous to his family, and the entire community that relied on him.

I totally get people like you think he does the right thing, holding to his moral and dying on his shield. I get that as his family and entire community are all burned out people like you say 'yeah but he did the right thing'. I get that as Cersei rises to power causing even more misery you say 'yeah but he did the right thing'.

I am not being sarcastic. I get that there are people who believe holding to your morals makes all the rest worth it.

I am not that guy. I will save my family, neighbours and community and burn the despot out and feel no remorse for it.
    Even if elected, Trump can't do it alone. He needs the help of powerful people. This is one reason why I keep mentioning that the Democratic Party penchant for demeaning the United States military is a bad fucking idea.

Dude, Ned Stark is a fictional character. You might as well be talking about the democratic principles and legal expertise of Santa Claus. Real heroes can be found here: https://www.cmohs.org/recipients

People like me? Please describe what people like me are all about. I'm curious.

You shit on people having morals and being willing to die for them then you say you'd do whatever it takes to save your family. Sorr, man, but I think you should watch less HBO and read more history.

13. #342 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Even if elected, Trump can't do it alone. He needs the help of powerful people. This is one reason why I keep mentioning that the Democratic Party penchant for demeaning the United States military is a bad fucking idea.

Dude, Ned Stark is a fictional character. You might as well be talking about the democratic principles and legal expertise of Santa Claus. Real heroes can be found here: https://www.cmohs.org/recipients

People like me? Please describe what people like me are all about. I'm curious.

You shit on people having morals and being willing to die for them then you say you'd do whatever it takes to save your family. Sorr, man, but I think you should watch less HBO and read more history.
    yes as Steve Bannon said, 'Trump needs to have the courage to see it thru this time. To let everyone quit so he can surround himself with the needed, Michael Flynn, like people. You are not following this very well.

LOL. SO you are too simple to understand the example simply because the person is fictional when the situation is the same. OK you would be like Joe who lives down the street from me. Does that work better if i use a real person you do not know? THe person (fictional or not) does not matter in the example. The issue is when faced with someone who wants to destroy you, your family, your community and way of life, do you stick to your morals and die a moral life, while being proud you did not compromise or do you do what is necessary to win and preserve yourself and your family. History is littered with the dead who would not do what was necessary. If you want to take pride in dying with morals in tact while knowing your family if getting killed next. that is a vaild choice you can make and take pride in. I won't follow you.

And i am NOT shitting on people having those morals. I am sincere when i say i respect their right to die to holding to them. I respect that choice. I am just not making it.

14. #343 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yes as Steve Bannon said, 'Trump needs to have the courage to see it thru this time. To let everyone quit so he can surround himself with the needed, Michael Flynn, like people. You are not following this very well.

LOL. SO you are too simple to understand the example simply because the person is fictional when the situation is the same. OK you would be like Joe who lives down the street from me. Does that work better if i use a real person you do not know? THe person (fictional or not) does not matter in the example. The issue is when faced with someone who wants to destroy you, your family, your community and way of life, do you stick to your morals and die a moral life, while being proud you did not compromise or do you do what is necessary to win and preserve yourself and your family. History is littered with the dead who would not do what was necessary. If you want to take pride in dying with morals in tact while knowing your family if getting killed next. that is a vaild choice you can make and take pride in. I won't follow you.

And i am NOT shitting on people having those morals. I am sincere when i say i respect their right to die to holding to them. I respect that choice. I am just not making it.
    Thanks for your display of the arrogant far Left. It helps others understand why I'm not a Democrat.

Same for your claim to not stand up for your morals if it means getting hurt.

15. #344 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 410 Times in 377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    And your TDS?

Urban Dictionary offers up this handy definition: “Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their dislike of Donald Trump, to the point at which they will abandon all logic and reason.”
    You have it backwards. It is a condition where someone supports trump after he has been impeached twice, charged with 30 felonies, found guilty of raping a woman, incited a takeover of our country, blatantly lies about winning an election and steals numerous classified documents when leaving the whitehouse. There is no way someone could logically believe and support this asshole and not be deranged, that is Trump derangement syndrome.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

QP! (06-03-2023)

17. #345 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,027 Times in 12,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    You have it backwards. It is a condition where someone supports trump after he has been impeached twice, charged with 30 felonies, found guilty of raping a woman, incited a takeover of our country, blatantly lies about winning an election and steals numerous classified documents when leaving the whitehouse. There is no way someone could logically believe and support this asshole and not be deranged, that is Trump derangement syndrome.
    "All of you people are the bad people, the dirty people, the people who must be disposed of before arrival at UTOPIA" is where you are going if not careful.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.