Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Punishing Bidenflation Has 1 in 6 Retirees Considering Unretiring

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,234 Times in 7,126 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Only stupid people will vote for The Biden Inflation and the Biden Recession
    There is no such thing as the Biden Inflation, and there is no recession.

What the entire world experienced was the historic WORLD-WIDE POST COVID RECOVERY INFLATIONARY PERIOD.

And, this historic recovery was eclipsed with another historic event that compounded the World's recovery process- Russia's Scorched Earth Invasion of the Ukraine- that led the entire world into an instant Energy crisis at the same time.

And that WORLD-WIDE Energy Crisis was even further compounded by Saudi Arabia's decision to majorly cut back drilling and exporting Crude Oil in October 2022, and now even again with the Saudi's announcement that they and other OPEC nations to cutback even more just last week. Cutbacks of another 500,000 barrels a day of Crude Oil in just Saudi Arabia alone and the cutbacks to remain in place through the end of the year. While Russia working in alignment with the OPEC countries also announcing cutting back 500,000 barrels of crude oil a day until the end of the year also in an effort to raise their own prices to their Asian Markets.

So, all of these factors are slowing down the world's ability to fully recover from the inflation caused by the Covid Pandemic that officially ended just this last month!

So before all of you Biden haters start blaming Biden for the inflation, ALWAYS CHECK WITH ME FIRST BEFORE SHOOTING OFF YOUR MOUTHS, so that I can cut through all the BULLSHIT and explain what the real reasons are for the INFLATION. Because I can save you guys a lot of embarrassment for falsly blaming Biden for everything under the sun for TOTALLY POLITICALLY MOTIVATED REASONS!

Next!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 06-02-2023 at 06:03 AM.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,001 Times in 14,505 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Gardner is a tax cheat too. He doesn't pay FICA or Medicare on his 1099 iMISC income, even though by law he is required to pay not only his portion but the employer portion as well. So basically, Gardner is screwing the US Government, and by extension, you and me. You are correct, income is income, regardless of how it's made. Someone should turn this guy in, he probably owes tens of thousands in back taxes.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small...medicare-taxes
    Gardner was simply opining about how to avoid the reduction in SS benefits by some magical self employment scam. Evidently, if you don't have FICA deducted from your earnings by your payee, it magically disappears from your wages.

Clearly, Gardner isn't qualified to manage self employment, let alone conduct research on any topic that a 4th grader could ace. Notwithstanding his claim about earning 5 figures as a contractor

What I find fascinating is the consistent offering of links that directly disproves his claims.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,044 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,047 Posts

There's no such thing as Bidenflation.

America no longer has, if it ever had, the ability to either cause or alleviate the present global inflation.

Conservatives are too naively provincial to view things from a global perspective,
    but that, unfortunately, doesn't seem to stop them from running off their mouths.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, HIS link to his idiotic Bidenflation article.

I actually collected my deceased spouses SS until retirement age, and got the full amount at that point.
    LOL. That link wasn't even worth clicking. The T.R.P link that was cited here addresses the issue of returning to work, and then goes into an in depth (albeit lacking) discussion of retirement strategies with respect to SS.

If you were collecting wages over the allowed amount while getting your spouse's SS benefits, did the $1 for $2 holdback apply until you reached full retirement? Or was there no limit? Or were you relying solely on investment income at the time?

That worked out well for you, as you didn't suffer a reduction in monthly benefits as you didn't collect on your account.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    There's no such thing as Bidenflation.

America no longer has, if it ever had, the ability to either cause or alleviate the present global inflation.

Conservatives are too naively provincial to view things from a global perspective,
    but that, unfortunately, doesn't seem to stop them from running off their mouths.
    There is trumpflation, though. Evidently, he was lying to Iowa voters at his comedy routine last night.

He claimed that China pays the trump taxes, and he gave the money to farmers.

In reality, soy farmers were starving due to his tariffs. We paid higher prices for appliances (initially), and he bailed out the Big Agra farms while ignoring the family farmers.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Or, if I were in that position, I would work completely of a 1099 as a subcontractor, make as much as I could or wanted, and not have to worry about SS being reduced. Social Security only gets reduced if you are working at a job that uses a W-2 and you are an employee.

I know, because I still do quite a bit of work as an electrician and get 1099's from the GC's that hire me. That is, I am not an employee, not paying social security (FICA) on my earnings as a self-employed person. Income from things like investments, being a land lord, etc., also don't count. It's only if you take a job, like greeter at Walmart, that you get hit if you make too much money. Your age doesn't matter. What matters is if you are working on a W-2 and having FICA taken out or not.
    Just read this again.

I laughed even harder than I did the first time.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,044 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,047 Posts

My question is this:

Does Trump actually believe that tariffs tax the seller and not the buyer?
    He allegedly went to Wharton. If he believes that, he never went to ninth grade.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    LOL. That link wasn't even worth clicking. The T.R.P link that was cited here addresses the issue of returning to work, and then goes into an in depth (albeit lacking) discussion of retirement strategies with respect to SS.

If you were collecting wages over the allowed amount while getting your spouse's SS benefits, did the $1 for $2 holdback apply until you reached full retirement? Or was there no limit? Or were you relying solely on investment income at the time?

That worked out well for you, as you didn't suffer a reduction in monthly benefits as you didn't collect on your account.
    Yes it still applied, but I didn’t start collecting until I was 64. I was a VP and the company hired me and gave me a massive relo package to take the job. I told them up front I was in only until my 64th birthday. I was 60 at the time. So I was only on my wife’s for about three years. I got full retirement last October and switched over. My full retirement was 66 years and 4 months. Mine is about twice what hers was but my break even is early 80s.

It was HARD to go from a lifetime of building a retirement to actually spending it. And it was really hard to switch to not working. I had to get a new routine. I’m over that hump now. I make way more than I did working so that SS check isn’t needed but Medicare comes out of it and I have to pay way more than most so that just makes it easier.
    Last edited by Concart; 06-02-2023 at 07:33 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Althea (06-02-2023)

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    My question is this:

Does Trump actually believe that tariffs tax the seller and not the buyer?
    He allegedly went to Wharton. If he believes that, he never went to ninth grade.
    Daddy paid to get him in. Trump is a moron.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

NiftyNiblick (06-02-2023)

12. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Just read this again.

I laughed even harder than I did the first time.
    Yep. And he says he’s been getting 1099s for years and never declaring them as income subject to the 15 percent tax. Plus if he didn’t declare it then he owes income tax on it as well at his top rate. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn’t know this because he is galactic ally stupid but I’m guessing he ain’t writing a check now that he’s aware. Which will make him a felon.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Althea (06-02-2023)

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yep. And he says he’s been getting 1099s for years and never declaring them as income subject to the 15 percent tax. Plus if he didn’t declare it then he owes income tax on it as well at his top rate. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn’t know this because he is galactic ally stupid but I’m guessing he ain’t writing a check now that he’s aware. Which will make him a felon.
    I found it amazing that he believes if you don't have FICA deducted from wages/income, then income magically doesn't exist.

15. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 79 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Michaels View Post
    I'm not a Democrat
    Your posts say you are

16. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    There is no such thing as the Biden Inflation, and there is no recession.

What the entire world experienced was the historic WORLD-WIDE POST COVID RECOVERY INFLATIONARY PERIOD.

And, this historic recovery was eclipsed with another historic event that compounded the World's recovery process- Russia's Scorched Earth Invasion of the Ukraine- that led the entire world into an instant Energy crisis at the same time.

And that WORLD-WIDE Energy Crisis was even further compounded by Saudi Arabia's decision to majorly cut back drilling and exporting Crude Oil in October 2022, and now even again with the Saudi's announcement that they and other OPEC nations to cutback even more just last week. Cutbacks of another 500,000 barrels a day of Crude Oil in just Saudi Arabia alone and the cutbacks to remain in place through the end of the year. While Russia working in alignment with the OPEC countries also announcing cutting back 500,000 barrels of crude oil a day until the end of the year also in an effort to raise their own prices to their Asian Markets.

So, all of these factors are slowing down the world's ability to fully recover from the inflation caused by the Covid Pandemic that officially ended just this last month!

So before all of you Biden haters start blaming Biden for the inflation, ALWAYS CHECK WITH ME FIRST BEFORE SHOOTING OFF YOUR MOUTHS, so that I can cut through all the BULLSHIT and explain what the real reasons are for the INFLATION. Because I can save you guys a lot of embarrassment for falsly blaming Biden for everything under the sun for TOTALLY POLITICALLY MOTIVATED REASONS!

Next!
    In the Democrats narrow view. Tell that to the poor that can't afford gas or groceries

17. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,234 Times in 7,126 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    In the Democrats narrow view. Tell that to the poor that can't afford gas or groceries
    I got to get my ass back on EBAY and start selling my collection of records again. As, this inflation is starting to hit home.

The good news, is every one of my guitars and amplifiers has just about doubled in price over the last couple of years.

Even my used cars are worth more today than a couple of years ago.

But, I don't need all of this stuff. May be the time to sell!

We just have to find ways my friend.

I have a feeling we may be stuck with these prices forever now.

Or, I have assumed already that we are anyhow.

Think about it- I do not believe they are ever going back now- I don't care who is the president is.

I've never blamed any president for inflation. I just don't believe they have much to do with it. Never did!

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I got to get my ass back on EBAY and start selling my collection of records again. As, this inflation is starting to hit home.

The good news, is every one of my guitars and amplifiers has just about doubled in price over the last couple of years.

Even my used cars are worth more today than a couple of years ago.

But, I don't need all of this stuff. May be the time to sell!

We just have to find ways my friend.

I have a feeling we may be stuck with these prices forever now.

Or, I have assumed already that we are anyhow.

Think about it- I do not believe they are ever going back now- I don't care who is the president is.

I've never blamed any president for inflation. I just don't believe they have much to do with it. Never did!
    The best way is to get rid of hateful spend spend spend Democrats