Thread: More conservative epic self owns

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default More conservative epic self owns

Boebert, you have competition. Hurry up!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-30-2023), evince (05-30-2023), Guno צְבִי (05-29-2023), LurchAddams (05-30-2023), Phantasmal (05-30-2023), Taichiliberal (05-30-2023), Trumpet (05-29-2023)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post

The Left doesn't believe in actual science. They're the sort that accepts things like Aryan physics (aka Deutsche Physik), or more recently the anti-GMO movement, Gorebal Warming (aka anthropomorphic CO2 based climate change), astrology ( https://www.exploringtheproblemspace...ust-in-science ), and other pseudoscience.

They also tend to ignore that they are anti-scientific, sort of the Dunning-Kruger effect...
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ianism/620185/

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 79 Times in 76 Posts

So you will vote for more open borders so the invasion can continue and for inflation and the Recession and for destroying industries to usher in a green agenda that will fail? That is logical? HAHAHAHAHA

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The Left doesn't believe in actual science. They're the sort that accepts things like Aryan physics (aka Deutsche Physik), or more recently the anti-GMO movement, Gorebal Warming (aka anthropomorphic CO2 based climate change), astrology ( https://www.exploringtheproblemspace...ust-in-science ), and other pseudoscience.

They also tend to ignore that they are anti-scientific, sort of the Dunning-Kruger effect...
    You know you come off as an insane person writing like that? That's how the manifestos are usually written.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So you will vote for more open borders so the invasion can continue and for inflation and the Recession and for destroying industries to usher in a green agenda that will fail? That is logical? HAHAHAHAHA
    You expect me to reply to you seriously?

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

it is impossible to take 'listen to the science' fucksticks seriously when they say that there are more than two genders.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You know you come off as an insane person writing like that? That's how the manifestos are usually written.
    You know, your response was irrelevant ad hominem. Prove me wrong. I know from long personal experience, and as I demonstrated above from elsewhere, the Left tends to be anti-science.

My latest target on that front locally is this whack-a-doodle

https://votesolar.org/team/yara-marin/

She put a vapid, jargon, and platitude laced letter in the paper here. I'm sending her a polite response that will pretty much demolish everything she said with math and science. I'm even including that I'd willingly debate her face-to-face. If she responds, I fully expect her to use ad hominem and tell me I'm wrong without a single fact included, ignoring everything I stated. No attempt at a rebuttal whatsoever. It wouldn't be the first time a radical Leftist blew me off with nothing useful to say because they didn't like what I had to say.

The subject in this case is wind and solar power, a pet peeve of mine. The people on the Left most stridently advocating for it are pretty much uniformly ill-informed liberal arts majors that can't deal with actual data, which Yara Marin is definitely in that category.

(She's also associated with La Familia Vota, a group promoting minority voting. She--accidentally I'm sure-- sent me a text last election that I turned into the state as a case of potential voter fraud, so there's that too)

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You know, your response was irrelevant ad hominem. Prove me wrong. I know from long personal experience, and as I demonstrated above from elsewhere, the Left tends to be anti-science.

She put a vapid, jargon, and platitude laced letter in the paper here. I'm sending her a polite response that will pretty much demolish everything she said with math and science. I'm even including that I'd willingly debate her face-to-face. If she responds, I fully expect her to use ad hominem and tell me I'm wrong without a single fact included, ignoring everything I stated. No attempt at a rebuttal whatsoever. It wouldn't be the first time a radical Leftist blew me off with nothing useful to say because they didn't like what I had to say.

The subject in this case is wind and solar power, a pet peeve of mine. The people on the Left most stridently advocating for it are pretty much uniformly ill-informed liberal arts majors that can't deal with actual data, which Yara Marin is definitely in that category.

(She's also associated with La Familia Vota, a group promoting minority voting. She--accidentally I'm sure-- sent me a text last election that I turned into the state as a case of potential voter fraud, so there's that too)
    Ad hominem? I said you COME OFF as an insane person. You might be a troll (which I believe you are).

If I said that the Earth is flat, I'd seem insane to you, right? That isn't ad hominem.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

evince (05-30-2023)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,985 Times in 3,359 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 635 Times in 603 Posts

And then we read your sources and find you are the one that is suffering from Dunning-Kruger.

From your first source -
    So why would egalitarian liberals embrace signals of scientific respectability in one case (climate change) but not another (astrology). My guess is that “values” have less to do with it than trust, and whom one trusts has a lot to do with one’s politics.
    So is climate change respectable or not when it comes to science? If we accept your source then it must be.

Your second source has nothing to do with science and its acceptance. It is about how authoritarians can be on both the left and the right.
    Costello and his colleagues started fresh. They developed what eventually became a list of 39 statements capturing sentiments such as “We need to replace the established order by any means necessary” and “I should have the right not to be exposed to offensive views.”
    I agree that dictators can come from the left and the right. But it would seem you are trying to argue that Nazis are on the right since you brought up Aryan physics.

Thanks for another shining example of a conservative self own. Keep up the good work.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

evince (05-30-2023), Phantasmal (05-30-2023), Taichiliberal (05-30-2023)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why are you opposed to making solar more accessible and affordable? I am curious as to when you are going to install that coal power plant on your roof since you are so opposed to solar.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-30-2023)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ad hominem? I said you COME OFF as an insane person. You might be a troll (which I believe you are).

If I said that the Earth is flat, I'd seem insane to you, right? That isn't ad hominem.
    Ad hominem is To (or at) the man That is, rather than addressing the issue, you toss insults or other irrelevancies to the person you are addressing.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Why are you opposed to making solar more accessible and affordable? I am curious as to when you are going to install that coal power plant on your roof since you are so opposed to solar.
    Because they can't be made affordable. It's that simple.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,572 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ad hominem is To (or at) the man That is, rather than addressing the issue, you toss insults or other irrelevancies to the person you are addressing.
    Ironic that you whine about ad homs after this post:

You look as demented as the idiots posting those Tweets, Terry. What happened to you? Too much radiation? Drugs? Alcohol? Genetic inferiority?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-30-2023)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because they can't be made affordable. It's that simple.
    Are you opposed to making power sources affordable?

20. The Following User Groans At Poor Richard Saunders For This Awful Post:

zymurgy (05-30-2023)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

evince (05-30-2023)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Are you opposed to making power sources affordable?
    Solar and wind are not affordable. They are expensive and unreliable. That can be seen everywhere the two have been heavily invested in and implemented. What works and is affordable, would be nuclear backed by natural gas. That lowers carbon emissions about as much as possible, and likely less than a grid heavily dependent on solar and wind backed up by fossil fuel sources due to the inherent unreliability of solar and wind.

If our grid were say 75% nuclear, 25% natural gas, we'd have cheap power with a very significant reduction in CO2 without having to pave over paradise with parking lots of miles and miles of solar panels and wind turbines. It's only the anti-science radical greentard Left fighting this issue, but they have the media idiots backing them so the issue is never rationally discussed. Instead, we get fed a diet of bullshit by them on this subject.