Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: California kills off truck sales by 2035

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,273 Times in 13,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 800 Posts

Default California kills off truck sales by 2035

California has passed another greentard law requiring half of all new heavy trucks sold there (the big commercial and construction kind) to be electric powered by 2035. I can see trucking and construction companies, wherever possible not registering vehicles in California to avoid this law. That will kill off truck sales of that kind likely entirely by 2035. Why go electric when you can simply register your fleet in another state and avoid Cali's law?

California to require half of all heavy trucks sales to be electric by 2035
    https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/31/cali...c-by-2035.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Callinectes (05-30-2023), Lionfish (05-30-2023)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,261 Times in 7,144 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Do you honestly think California will have the same governor and agenda in 12 years?

This may be a goal, but things will change by then.

I think Blue Hydrogen will also be a competitive player in the mix by then!

The oil companies are already planning their future, and investing in the development of Blue Hydrogen.

So you really don't have to go to bat for Crude Oil anymore. Because the OIL COMPANIES HAVE ALREADY MOVED ON!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 05-29-2023 at 02:24 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-30-2023)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Do you honestly think California will have the same governor and agenda in 12 years?

Well, he only gets 2 terms, but yeah... I tend to think that the people who remain in CA will be ones who like this agenda.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Well, he only gets 2 terms, but yeah... I tend to think that the people who remain in CA will be ones who like this agenda.
    Alternative greener fuels and more choices are the real agenda- NOT JUST ELECTRIC AUTOMOBILES.

Until the world runs out of Natural Gas deposits, many people believe that Blue Hydrogen will be the go to fuel of the future!

At least, the Big Oil companies believe it will be.

It’s less interesting for smaller consumer vehicles, as battery-powered cars are being adopted much more readily. But bigger vehicles require larger batteries, which increases their weight, which in turn increases their energy use. Hydrogen can be a way around that conundrum.
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 05-29-2023 at 02:52 PM.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,175 Times in 14,712 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

The oil companies are already planning their future, and investing in the development of Blue Hydrogen.

So you really don't have to go to bat for Crude Oil anymore. Because the OIL COMPANIES HAVE ALREADY MOVED ON!
    So if it isn't going to happen why did they even make the law?
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Callinectes (05-30-2023), Into the Night (05-30-2023)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,219 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    California has passed another greentard law requiring half of all new heavy trucks sold there (the big commercial and construction kind) to be electric powered by 2035. I can see trucking and construction companies, wherever possible not registering vehicles in California to avoid this law. That will kill off truck sales of that kind likely entirely by 2035. Why go electric when you can simply register your fleet in another state and avoid Cali's law?

This is like the third repeat of the same thread, read the whole article, and is not as simple as the above poster implies

10. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-30-2023)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,106 Times in 12,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Current overlords dont have the power to decide what happens in 2035.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know why people are having such a hard time realizing that the world is changing- Or even why we are politicizing the fact that the world is changing.

But America has had it's heyday of hopping up into their V8 gasoholic Trucks that you could walk under and play with the gas tank!

God! Am I glad I am not having to pay for the gasoline for one of those BIG TOYS anymore. Now, understanding that a man has to make a living and a lot of them use these incredible vehicles to bring the bacon home. But, the truth is, most of them are just expensive toys for bragging rights, and OH YES and very convenient, versatile, and fun to drive as well.

So, I understand, these thangs are going to be hard to give up for most men. Don't you just love the sound of the V8 with that flowmaster exhaust system- IN FULL STRIDE? I know I do! Sort of reminds me of another expensive toy of mine- my Harley Davidson. SO, I'm with you guys on not wanting to just let go of all that just to save the planet.

But that is not really what this is all about really. What we are talking about here is how the world will be in 12 years from now. And I doubt seriously if I will even still be here in 12 years.

To deny what's coming is a fool's game. And to think some political party is going to somehow change our future, or to be able to hang on to the past is really just a distraction from the reality that we will all have to change some of our ways, just to be able to keep up with what's coming whether we like it or not.

Here is the deal, if electric cars are not for you quite yet- DON'T BUY ONE.

But, electric cars are here to stay, are rapidly becoming more popular every day, and all of your negative energy is not going to change that fact.

That is why these electric car HATE threads are basically hilarious to me! And all this hatred for California, Chicago, and New York is really starting to get old as well.

My God- Is there anything you people don't hate?
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 05-29-2023 at 03:45 PM.

13. #9 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,609 Times in 17,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I don't know why people are having such a hard time realizing that the world is changing- Or even why we are politicizing the fact that the world is changing.

But America has had it's heyday of hopping up into their V8 gasoholic Trucks that you could walk under and play with the gas tank!

God! Am I glad I am not having to pay for the gasoline for one of those BIG TOYS anymore. Now, understanding that a man has to make a living and a lot of them use these incredible vehicles to bring the bacon home. But, the truth is, most of them are just expensive toys for bragging rights, and OH YES and very convenient, versatile, and fun to drive as well.

So, I understand, these thangs are going to be hard to give up for most men. Don't you just love the sound of the V8 with that flowmaster exhaust system- IN FULL STRIDE? I know I do! Sort of reminds me of another expensive toy of mine- my Harley Davidson. SO, I'm with you guys on not wanting to just let go of all that just to save the planet.

But that is not really what this is all about really. What we are talking about here is how the world will be in 12 years from now. And I doubt seriously if I will even still be here in 12 years.

To deny what's coming is a fool's game. And to think some political party is going to somehow change our future, or to be able to hang on to the past is really just a distraction from the reality that we will all have to change some of our ways, just to be able to keep up with what's coming whether we like it or not.

But, electric cars are here to stay, are rapidly becoming more popular every day, and all of your negative energy is not going to change that fact.

That is why these electric car HATE threads are basically hilarious to me!

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    So if it isn't going to happen why did they even make the law?
    I think he did it just to see if he could personally get your panties all up in your ass crack about it!

Did it work?

HE IS OUT TO GET YOU MAN! He's the boogeyman yanno?

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    This is like the third repeat of the same thread, read the whole article, and is not as simple as the above poster implies
    I did, and it is. Trucking firms are not going to buy vehicles that won't meet their needs. For companies like UPS, Fed Ex, etc., and others that use local vehicle fleets, their choice is keep what they have in place or raise rates to pay for the switch over which won't be cheap.

It wouldn't be the first time that companies circumvented California laws by using out-of-state employees, vehicles, etc., in California.

The point I'm making here is that forcing EV conversion is both expensive and stupid.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Into the Night (05-30-2023)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is why these electric car HATE threads are basically hilarious to me! And all this hatred for California, Chicago, and New York is really starting to get old as well.

My God- Is there anything you people don't hate?
    It is radical Leftist greentards FORCING those changes on society. As over two centuries of history proves, when the radical Left does this it almost always ends up disastrously bad.

That misses the point. If all you can buy is a Trabant, then you buy a Trabant.

When the government gets to decide what kind of car you WILL drive, what kind of house you WILL live in, etc., you are living in a dictatorship.

Electric cars are ONLY here at all because the government is forcing them down people's throats with no alternative. If tomorrow, all government subsidies and mandates on EV's ended, the EV market would collapse.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is radical Leftist greentards FORCING those changes on society. As over two centuries of history proves, when the radical Left does this it almost always ends up disastrously bad.

That misses the point. If all you can buy is a Trabant, then you buy a Trabant.

When the government gets to decide what kind of car you WILL drive, what kind of house you WILL live in, etc., you are living in a dictatorship.

Electric cars are ONLY here at all because the government is forcing them down people's throats with no alternative. If tomorrow, all government subsidies and mandates on EV's ended, the EV market would collapse.
    Sir, no one is forcing electric cars down your throat! No one is telling you what kind of house you can live in!

You are just politically jaded, and you want to find someone to blame for everything you don't like in this world. And damn- that's a lot- because you seem to hate everything and everybody!

Do you think the American Automakers are Democrats? Do you think Musk is a Democrat? Do you think the foreign car manufacturers are Democrats?

You are chasing your own tail here! Everything on earth is not political! SO you better start getting used to it!

Sir, if you are purchasing cars or guns or anything for political reasons- or not buying them for political reasons- you are already over-thinking things!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 05-29-2023 at 05:13 PM.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sir, no one is forcing electric cars down your throat! No one is telling you what kind of house you can live in!
    Gas appliances are being banned by the Left. States like California will no longer let you buy an ICE vehicle if you want one starting in a few years. That means you have no choice but to buy an EV if you want a new vehicle. California is also banning gas powered back up generators for homes and mandating you have solar panels installed whether you want them or not.

Those are all examples of cramming things down the public's throat, EV's among them.

You are just politically jaded, and you want to find someone to blame for everything you don't like in this world. And damn- that's a lot- because you seem to hate everything and everybody!
    Wrong, I'm a realist basing my statements on facts. It is you that is delusional.

Do you think the American Automakers are Democrats? Do you think Musk is a Democrat? Do you think the foreign car manufacturers are Democrats?
    No, I think corporate America is statist capitalist and perfectly fine with going along with government autocracy so long as they make a profit, Musk included.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 79 Times in 76 Posts

Most Truckers won't go there now

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ptif219 For This Post: