Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The idiocy of "anti-social mode"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,242 Times in 13,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Default The idiocy of "anti-social mode"

Putting people on ignore or thread banning them is simply an admission on the part of the person doing it that they lack the intellectual and moral courage to openly debate and discuss--even with the most asshole idiots of people--their ideas. If what you say and believe can't be defended by you in a reasonable and credible manner, maybe you should reassess what you say and believe...

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Putting people on ignore or thread banning them is simply an admission on the part of the person doing it that they lack the intellectual and moral courage to openly debate and discuss--even with the most asshole idiots of people--their ideas. If what you say and believe can't be defended by you in a reasonable and credible manner, maybe you should reassess what you say and believe...
    Aha. So that is your opinion of that issue.

I think it is a bunch of shit, TA.

For the first 10 - 15 years of my time in Internet forums...I NEVER put even one person on IGNORE. During the last 5 years, I have put several on...and feel much the better for having done so.

I can assure you I do not lack the intellectual and/or moral courage to openly debate and discuss very contentious issues. I just would rather not read the rantings of some people...so IGNORE is a feature that works for me.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Concart (05-28-2023), Trumpet (05-29-2023)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

You have admitted to being a troll and deliberately harassing people. Nice try.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Doesn't change one iota what I stated. See, even here, you get to respond to what I posted. If I had an extensive thread ban and ignore list, I'd be talking to myself instead of 'tards like you...

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Doesn't change one iota what I stated. See, even here, you get to respond to what I posted. If I had an extensive thread ban and ignore list, I'd be talking to myself instead of 'tards like you...
    troll

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Aha. So that is your opinion of that issue.

I think it is a bunch of shit, TA.

For the first 10 - 15 years of my time in Internet forums...I NEVER put even one person on IGNORE. During the last 5 years, I have put several on...and feel much the better for having done so.

I can assure you I do not lack the intellectual and/or moral courage to openly debate and discuss very contentious issues. I just would rather not read the rantings of some people...so IGNORE is a feature that works for me.
    I guess the bastards ground you down...

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

troll
    Thank you very little!

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,044 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,047 Posts

Debate requires stipulations.

If two parties stipulate to a common goal,
    then both can attempt logical arguments
    defending their own different means to the agreed upon end.

This has less than nothing to do with what progressive liberals and reactionary conservatives discuss on this forum.

We don't have stipulations and we don't have a common goal.

There is absolutely nothing here than anybody
    who can identify that which comprises a debate
    can possibly reference as a debate.

The next debate on this forum would probably be the very first.

All that we have here is me calling other people devolved, sub-human troglodytes, and very accurately so, I would add,
    and they calling me something which I can't see
    because I have all the motherfuckers on ignore.

"intellectual and moral courage to openly debate and discuss?"

Is this what TAG said? I only see it in Frank's quote.

Sorry, TAG, but NONE of that applies here.

This is a forum for monologue, not dialogue.
    We don't need dialogue to call one another dumb motherfuckers,
    and when we have a total of ZERO common goals which can serve as the starting stipulation for a debate,
    looking for debate
    is like trying to find a pair of function brain cells
    in a trumpanzee's head.
    Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 05-28-2023 at 01:10 PM.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trolls like Gardner hate when their trolling is frustrated.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,234 Times in 7,126 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Thread banning is inane! Groaning is childish. And banning other members does not accomplish anything, but preventing you from seeing what they say about you!

But above everything else, it tells you more about the people that partake in these childish acts of Tom Foolery, than it says about anyone else.

It is nice to know who all the sociably inept are among us though! JPP has a huge list of people with personality disorders who would argue with a MUD FENCE and bite off their own nose to spite their faces!

But, having all that said, JPP is a haven for political trolls who are here to stir shit, incite hatred, and show their ugly asses with every one of their comments.

So, a lot of times, these trolls comments and opinions are so wrong, so immoral, racist, or hateful and insulting, they not even worthy of an intelligent response other than a "GO FUCK YOURSELF"!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 05-28-2023 at 01:35 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Nomad (05-28-2023)

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

He is a nazi. He laughed about the idea of poisoning ‘nests of homeless people’. Thought it was hilarious

. Right out of 1930s Nazi Germany. Told me all I needed to know. A despicable piece of shit. Far worse than any troll. He went on ignore that day. The post was shocking in its callousness and hate.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    He is a nazi. He laughed about the idea of poisoning ‘nests of homeless people’. Thought it was hilarious

. Right out of 1930s Nazi Germany. Told me all I needed to know. A despicable piece of shit. Far worse than any troll. He went on ignore that day. The post was shocking in its callousness and hate.
    Yes, just like Trump. Gardner says horrible stuff then says he is joking.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Thread banning is inane! Groaning is childish. And banning other members does not accomplish anything, but preventing you from seeing what they say about you!

But above everything else, it tells you more about the people that partake in these childish acts of Tom Foolery, than it says about anyone else.

It is nice to know who all the sociably inept are among us though! JPP has a huge list of people with personality disorders who would argue with a MUD FENCE and bite off their own nose to spite their faces!
    If you ban me from your threads then I will ban you. Not sure why anyone who bans me wants to respond to me but I don’t give a fuck. There are four now.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    If you ban me from your threads then I will ban you. Not sure why anyone who bans me wants to respond to me but I don’t give a fuck. There are four now.
    I have had many on ignore for years. They are like feral dogs barking.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,000 Times in 8,027 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

There are some posters who don't rate responding to due to their unreasonable level of ignorance and use of childish bullshit troll tactics.

If I don't want these bums stinking up my threads with their childish nonsense that is no reflection on me, my intellect, my morality or my courage.

It just means that there are certain fools I refuse to suffer and a certain level I refuse to allow my threads to be dragged down to.

And to anyone who doesn't like it -----> fuck you.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!