Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Is the Universe a quantum fluctuation?

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hey JesusAI(Hey-zuse)AI, my accuracy about your performance stop you performing? Quantum mechanics from the evolving process is self evident, theories and/or theologies only corrupt interpretation of actual events going forward from here.

Now why would anyone wish to distort actual living as equally created reproductions limited to time replacing their previous 4 generation gaps reciting a same mantras for 100's of generation gaps expecting a better tomorrow now?
    Every brain born has a lifetime conflict with ancestral displacement and intellectual social position within the population present. Why, life is a compounding connection between inception, conception, death, extinction life doesn't exceed what exists now.

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 Times in 2,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uhtceare View Post
    The Heisenberg Uncertainty principle falls out of the mathematics of waves and fourier transforms.
    Incorrect. The Uncertainty Principle was nothing more than Heisenberg's epiphany, i.e. simple common sense, that any measurement at the quantum level will itself affect the phenomena being measured. There was no math involved.

Thereafter, the math involved in accounting for the Uncertainty Principle was derived from math. It's amazing how that works.

Is there anything particularly philosophical about 2+2=4?
    It turns out that there is. Mathematicians are obligated to ask "Does two plus two always equal four, or does it only equal four most of the time? Are there any examples whereby adding two of something to two more of that something does not equal four?" ... i.e. mathematicians require proofs.

Hence, there are actually two philosophical parts that must both be resolved. First, what is a number? Second, what is "plus" (i.e. operation of addition)? The good news is that long ago, mathematics defined numbers and the operation of addition, and thus showed that 2+2 always equals 4, and the commutative and associative properties of addition were proven as well. Then, building on that success, the operation of subtraction was defined. Thereafter, multiplication was defined based upon the same definitions of numbers and addition, and multiplication was also shown to be commutative and associative. Then division, using the definition of subtraction. Then derivatives, using the definition of division. Then integrals, using everything aforementioned.

As it goes in math, things only need to be proven once. This is why children get to start directly at 2+2=4 and don't ever have to research any of what I wrote above because it has already been proven and no one needs to reinvent the wheel.

... as a result, we have the luxury of asking the very question you asked:

Does it require some special feature of the eternal universe or is it effectively tautological?
    Answer: In mathematics, numbers and mathematical operations have been defined as how we humans logically view nature and how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    2+2=4 is only a convention, a construct of the base 10 numeric system we have agreed to use. It's not an eternal truth.
    In mathematics, numbers have been defined independently of any labels (and thus independently of any "base"). That you are accustomed to the symbol "2" meaning "two" does not make the symbol the number. In Afghansitan, the "٢" is commonly used as the symbol for "two". In mathematics, only the number "one", or "uno", or "eins" or "یک" or "Едно" ... or whatever your particular language uses for "one" is defined as a labeled number. Thereafter, the definition/theory holds that every number has a successor that is also a number. This forms the natural numbers, and also establishes the methodology for proof by induction, i.e. you show that a relationship holds for a specific number (normally for the number one), and then show that if the relationship holds for a number, that it necessarily holds for its successor as well. That proves that the relationship holds for all numbers.

Mathematicians like to ask the trick question "If you add the number zero to the natural numbers to make the set of whole numbers, do you now have one more number than you previously had, or do you still have exactly the same number of numbers?" The answer is that you have exactly the same number, and you can prove it by simply shifting the symbols, i.e. label zero as "1", label one as "2", two as "3", and so forth.

A quantum flux that created the universe could seemingly only have happened if the Heisenberg uncertainty principle was in place and preceded it.
    This is gibberish. The Heisenberg Uncertainty principle involves observation affecting the quantum phenomena being observed. The universe was not waiting for an observer to affect it into existence. In fact, that doesn't even make any sense.

Which begs the question, why did the Heisenberg uncertainty principle exist before creation?
    I don't think Heisenberg existed before creation, much less the principle he expressed.

You can't have quantum flux without the principle underlying it in place already. It just a chicken before the egg question
    Gibberish.

I don't see 2+2=4 representing a real natural relationship in the universe.
    Mathematicians disagree with you. That's OK, though. They could be wrong.

It is a convention based on Hindu-Arabic base 10 numerals we have agreed to use.
    Nope. Mathematics defines numbers and mathematical operations to represent real natural relationships in the universe.

In and of itself it doesn't represent any spatial or temporal relationships.
    You might notice that if you add two of something to two of that same something, the result is always four of that something.

What else is there about the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle that makes it different from 2+2=4?
    The lack of certainty. You should have seen that coming. Math is a closed functional system in which you can prove/predict that adding two to two will equal four in all cases. Science is an open functional system and Heisenberg expressed that you cannot know/predict what will happen (at the quantum level) until you observe it, and even then you don't know exactly what you observed because your observation itself screwed with the event.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

3. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Yes, they give way too much of a shit about Indians and environmental issues and that second one screams marxist to me. They're compromised.
    You bring up a good point. Libertarians are supposed to be all about competition, i.e. if you lose, you lose ... and shouldn't be getting totally emotional about people who lost in the past.

I disagree with you on environmental concerns. Valuing assets, especially environmental assets, is economically sound
    Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    One more thing about Libertarians I don't like...their non-violence pledge. Freedom isn't worth fighting for?
    Another good point.

Thank you.

Full disclosure, I cling to libertarian principles, but I do not support political parties. Parties become infiltrated, compromised, and thoroughly tainted over time.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

4. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    You bring up a good point. Libertarians are supposed to be all about competition, i.e. if you lose, you lose ... and shouldn't be getting totally emotional about people who lost in the past.

I disagree with you on environmental concerns. Valuing assets, especially environmental assets, is economically sound

Another good point.

Thank you.

Full disclosure, I cling to libertarian principles, but I do not support political parties. Parties become infiltrated, compromised, and thoroughly tainted over time.
    The country is a lot cleaner today than it was 40 years ago.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

5. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    The country is a lot cleaner today than it was 40 years ago.
    Could you define "cleaner"? The country is also a lot "dirtier/messier" than it was 40 years ago.

Definitions are good things.