Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Universe a quantum fluctuation?

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,697 Times in 2,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    No I'm not. I despise Libertarians almost as much as I despise you.
    What do you hate about Libertarians?
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    What do you hate about Libertarians?
    You mean beside the fact they've been taken over by enviro-nazis? I don't think arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin is productive.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Counter Point:

This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You mean beside the fact they've been taken over by enviro-nazis? I don't think arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin is productive.
    That wasn't fair, I'll go further in depth as to why I think Libertarians are absolute dogshit. My main problem with them is that they do not understand reality. You know what I always hear from Libertarians? Audit the Fed! well, that ain't happening and there's a reason for it. Another problem I have with them is their focus on national politics...politics isn't national, it's local. And, back to Econ...the Fiat Dollar is dead! We need to back the Dollar with something of value! Actually, no, we don't. The Dollar is a store of value, not a commodity and tying the Dollar to something subject to the whims of the market would be doing the exact opposite of what these morons claim they want to accomplish.

I've got more problems with them but I'll stop here for now.

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Another little problem I should mention...Libertarians don't like violence. All political power emanates from the barrel of a gun so if you're giving that up all I can draw from that is that you're not serious about wielding political power.

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just to be clear, you dislike the party, not those who pursue liberty, yes?
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just to be clear, you dislike the party, not those who pursue liberty, yes?
    I don't believe that Party pursues Liberty, I think they became controlled opposition in the mid 1990's. I think today they appeal to loner anti-social asshats who don't know a fucking thing about anything.

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't believe that Party pursues Liberty, I think they became controlled opposition in the mid 1990's. I think today they appeal to loner anti-social asshats who don't know a fucking thing about anything.
    Has the Libertarian Party strayed from their original charter in any way that you have noticed?

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Has the Libertarian Party strayed from their original charter in any way that you have noticed?
    Yes, they give way too much of a shit about Indians and environmental issues and that second one screams marxist to me. They're compromised.

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One more thing about Libertarians I don't like...their non-violence pledge. Freedom isn't worth fighting for?

I think Libertarians are idiots. I also think that small "l" libertarians aren't really libertarian, they are Jeffersonian Liberals.

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 165 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    "There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the Twilight Zone."
    Unlike you, I wouldn't be on a Cypress thread if I didn't know what I'm talking about. String is no longer a bunch of grad school kids trying to unify physics. They're all old and dying now but have small teams to carry on their work. They no longer want to slay Goliath with a single stone.

Taking down spacetime would send the old guard into a frenzy. Tryon used their own rules against them which open the door for others to take a good look at the rules. I can only hope that Tryon is given credit for exposing some of the problems in science.

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    2+2=4 is only a convention, a construct of the base 10 numeric system we have agreed to use. It's not an eternal truth.

2+2 is equal to 11 in the base 3 system.

A quantum flux that created the universe could seemingly only have happened if the Heisenberg uncertainty principle was in place and preceded it. Which begs the question, why did the Heisenberg uncertainty principle exist before creation? You can't have quantum flux without the principle underlying it in place already. It just a chicken before the egg question
    If the Uncertainty principle follows mathematicfrom the relationship between some waves and their fourier transforms how is it any different from 2+2=4?

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,594 Times in 51,906 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Unlike you, I wouldn't be on a Cypress thread if I didn't know what I'm talking about.
    Yet here you are, COgoat.

Just because you think you know what you are talking about like you think you know Bush blew up the WTC on 9/11 doesn't mean you do know. You are delusional, hence all the Twilight Zone references like this:

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (05-28-2023)

15. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,594 Times in 51,906 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

No I'm not. I despise Libertarians almost as much as I despise you.
    Ahh, so you're just a hater. Fine. Lots of demented, hateful geezers on JPP. In fact, I think JPP is the Mecca of demented, hateful geezers.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

16. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,279 Times in 27,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    If the Uncertainty principle follows mathematicfrom the relationship between some waves and their fourier transforms how is it any different from 2+2=4?
    I don't see 2+2=4 representing a real natural relationship in the universe. It is a convention based on Hindu-Arabic base 10 numerals we have agreed to use. In and of itself it doesn't represent any spatial or temporal relationships.

The underlying elements of the Heisenberg inequality, specifically Planck's constant, pi, and momentum are real inherent properties of reality that would exist as spatial relationships regardless of what human numeric convention we chose to use.

I think physical laws have to generally represent real physical relationships, typically either spatial or temporal.