1. #901 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post

So you have chosen THIS response: ------->

Got it.
    There was a time where I thought you might be able to discuss things reasonably, gfm, but I was wrong.

Not wrong very often...but on that...I WAS WRONG.

Hey, have a good rest of the day.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

2. #902 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    You truly are an asshole, gfm...
    AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, thank you!

but that probably is what makes you so likeable.
    Probably. I think that's why Trump is so likeable as well.

Not many people would go out of their way to look as much a jerk as go out of your way to look.
    I'm guessing this didn't come out quite as you intended it... but I think you're ultimately trying to call me a jerk, so thank you.

Jesus NEVER used the word "homosexual"...or it Aramaic, Greek, or Hebrew equivalent THAT IS RECORDED IN THE BIBLE.

Anyone with an ounce of integrity (which obviously excludes you) would have simply acknowledged that...and then gone on to the other thing you want to use as a diversion.

I thank you for the entertainment.

Do continue.

3. #903 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

There was a time where I thought you might be able to discuss things reasonably, gfm, but I was wrong.
    Soon the rare occasion that you are actually right about something, you're admitting to being "wrong"? Weird, but you do you.

Not wrong very often...but on that...I WAS WRONG.
    No, you were actually right for a change. You seem to be confused as to what 'wrong' and 'right' mean...

Hey, have a good rest of the day.
    You too. I enjoy our exchanges.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (05-23-2023)

5. #904 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 156 Times in 143 Posts

Whatever God spoke Jesus affirmed

There are not two differing opinions between them

God spoke against homosexuality and Jesus agrees with it

He didn’t need to talk about it again

6. #905 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerpeach View Post
    Whatever God spoke Jesus affirmed
    Really?

C'mon!

There are not two differing opinions between them
    Sure there are. The thrust of each...is in a different direction from the other.

Let's take a look:

The god: "When you march up to attack a city, first offer terms of peace.
    If it agrees to your terms of peace and opens its gates to you,
    all the people to be found in it shall serve you in forced labor.
    But if it refuses to make peace with you and instead offers you
    battle, lay siege to it, and when the Lord, your God, delivers it
    into your hand, put every male in it to the sword, but the women
    and children and livestock and all else in it that is worth
    plunder you may take as your booty and you may use this plunder
    of your enemies which the Lord, your God, has given you." Deuteronomy 20:10

Where does Jesus agree with that?

The god: If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. [Deuteronomy 13:7-12]

The god: Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." [Deuteronomy 13:13-19]

The god: The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' [Exodus 31:12-15]

Where did Jesus agree with that?

The god: A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. [Leviticus 20:27]

The god: Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. [Isaiah 14:21]

The god: Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. [Deuteronomy 17:12]

The god: One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD's name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die. [Leviticus 24:10-16]

The god: For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. [Matthew 15:4-7]

As for Jesus, he said we should love our enemies.

Where does the god say the same thing?

God spoke against homosexuality and Jesus agrees with it
    Where? Where? Where? Where? Where? Where? Where? Where?

He didn’t need to talk about it again
    Where did Jesus talk about it the first time?
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

7. #906 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Not as dense as Faux Christians AKA Satanic cocksuckers.
    and yet every time you post you prove no one is as dense as you are.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #907 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,480 Times in 52,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    and yet every time you post you prove no one is as dense as you are.....
    I'm confident most people will see who is more honest, fair and compassionate between the two of us.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. #908 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Really?

C'mon!

Sure there are. The thrust of each...is in a different direction from the other.

Let's take a look:

The god: "When you march up to attack a city, first offer terms of peace.
    If it agrees to your terms of peace and opens its gates to you,
    all the people to be found in it shall serve you in forced labor.
    But if it refuses to make peace with you and instead offers you
    battle, lay siege to it, and when the Lord, your God, delivers it
    into your hand, put every male in it to the sword, but the women
    and children and livestock and all else in it that is worth
    plunder you may take as your booty and you may use this plunder
    of your enemies which the Lord, your God, has given you." Deuteronomy 20:10

The god: If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. [Deuteronomy 13:7-12]

The god: Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." [Deuteronomy 13:13-19]

The god: The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' [Exodus 31:12-15]

The god: A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. [Leviticus 20:27]

The god: Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. [Isaiah 14:21]

The god: Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. [Deuteronomy 17:12]

The god: One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD's name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die. [Leviticus 24:10-16]

The god: For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. [Matthew 15:4-7]

As for Jesus, he said we should love our enemies.

Where does the god say the same thing?

Where? Where? Where? Where? Where? Where? Where? Where?

Where did Jesus talk about it the first time?
    Jesus is God, they are the same entity just in different forms similar to how water can turn into ice and steam but is still water

Whatever God said Jesus said and whatever Jesus said God said

You need a bit better understanding of the Trinity

10. #909 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Jesus is God, they are the same entity just in different forms similar to how water can turn into ice and steam but is still water

For all of its constitutional deficiencies and ill-advised references to God,
    the United States was founded as a secular republic, not a theocracy.

NOBODY has to understand a fucking thing about the Trinity.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

11. #910 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    I'm confident most people will see who is more honest, fair and compassionate between the two of us.
    why?......who's standing between us now?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #911 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,480 Times in 52,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why?......who's standing between us now?......
    No one.

Is English a second language to you, Pmp?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. #912 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 40 Posts

Corruption in Godvernment where an Islam human reproduction pseudoscience fabricated virgin Mary son of Allah immaculate conception is "man is God" precedent for "one nation under God with equal justice under law" in Christiananality pedophilia survival of the fittest fascists Peter Principle pyramid scheme crusade - jihad as Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking ensures to insure....

14. #913 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    For all of its constitutional deficiencies and ill-advised references to God,
    the United States was founded as a secular republic, not a theocracy.

NOBODY has to understand the a fucking thing about the Trinity.
    You do if you want to debate the topic

15. #914 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

YOU need a better understanding of REALITY.

16. #915 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

YOU need a better understanding of REALITY.
    Why are you participating in a discussion about God if you don’t believe in Him?

Is your intention to make others not believe?