1. #886 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,593 Times in 51,905 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerpeach View Post
    You may want to stock up on sunscreen, I hear it gets hot down there
    Texas can be hot, but generally it's pretty good. That said, sunscreen is always a good idea.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #887 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Jesus is God just in a different form and God spoke directly against homosexuality in the OT.

Are you implying that God changed His mind?
    I am not implying that at all.

I am merely stating as a fact that Jesus never used the word "homosexual" in the Bible. I have no idea how Jesus felt about homosexuality...and neither do you. Same thing goes for abortion. Jesus never used the word "abortion" in the Bible. I have no idea how Jesus felt about abortion...and neither do you.

Of course you can make a guess about how he felt about both those things if you want...and there are indicators in the Bible so that your guess would not be a blind guess.

A question I would to ask in return, Tink. Here is what your god said about homosexuality in the Old Testament:

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be
    put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

Leviticus 20:13

Do you think people who love this god of yours should be pressing government to make homosexuality a capital offense...or are you implying that your god changed his mind?
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

3. The Following 2 Users Groan At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

gfm7175 (05-23-2023), PostmodernProphet (05-23-2023)

4. #888 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I have no idea if Jesus disapproved of homosexuality...and neither do you.

In any case, it is not recorded that he ever said a word about it.
    why are atheists so fucking dense?......"because I refuse to believe Jesus is God, I refuse to believe Jesus said anything about homosexuality"......your problem, not ours......cope.........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #889 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,593 Times in 51,905 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why are atheists so fucking dense?......"because I refuse to believe Jesus is God, I refuse to believe Jesus said anything about homosexuality"......your problem, not ours......cope.........
    Not as dense as Faux Christians AKA Satanic cocksuckers.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. #890 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,573 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 156 Times in 143 Posts

I am merely stating as a fact that Jesus never used the word "homosexual" in the Bible. I have no idea how Jesus felt about homosexuality...and neither do you. Same thing goes for abortion. Jesus never used the word "abortion" in the Bible. I have no idea how Jesus felt about abortion...and neither do you.

Of course you can make a guess about how he felt about both those things if you want...and there are indicators in the Bible so that your guess would not be a blind guess.

A question I would to ask in return, Tink. Here is what your god said about homosexuality in the Old Testament:

Do you think people who love this god of yours should be pressing government to make homosexuality a capital offense...or are you implying that your god changed his mind?
    No

This is God saying what His judgement will be, He is not instructing us to do it for Him

7. #891 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,778 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Mason View Post
    " While not specifically mentioned "!
    Everything after that is your spin.Attachment 25066
    Oh yeahhhhhhh, because logic is "spin" hahahahahaha

8. #892 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    I've never seen Frank feign offense at anything and, AFAIK, has never taken offense at stupid remarks from schizos on JPP.
    TOO FUNNY!

9. #893 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No

This is God saying what His judgement will be, He is not instructing us to do it for Him
    Yeah. Sorta like Henry II not instructing his Knights to kill Thomas Beckett when he shouted, “Who will rid me of this turbulent priest?”

For the record, your god normally does things by having its human morons do it in its stead.

Jesus H. Christ!
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

10. #894 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,573 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 156 Times in 143 Posts

Yeah. Sorta like Henry II not instructing his Knights to kill Thomas Beckett when he shouted, “Who will rid me of this turbulent priest?”

For the record, your god normally does things by having its human morons do it in its stead.

Jesus H. Christ!
    Why do you hate God so much?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkerpeach For This Post:

gfm7175 (05-23-2023)

12. #895 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do you hate God so much?
    I do not hate anyone.

If you are asking why I am so negative toward what you call "God" (that god of the Bible)...well...I am (mostly) negative toward that god for the same reason I am (mostly) negative toward Hannibal Lecter. Hannibal Lecter engages in reprehensible conduct...and so does your god. If I knew a human who would say, "If you offend me, I will retaliate by repeatedly smashing you in the head with a sledgehammer"...I would be mostly negative toward that person. Your god does a version of that. It says, "If you offend me, I will retaliate by torturing you for all the rest of eternity."

My question to you would be: Why are YOU not mostly negative toward this god?

13. #896 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am merely stating as a fact that Jesus never used the word "homosexual" in the Bible.
    You are purposely fixating on something that doesn't matter and nobody was even talking about. So that specific word wasn't coined yet... whoopity doo. The concept still existed back then, and the concept is what is being discussed, not the existence of a specific word to describe the concept. IOW, you're purposely being a moron about this. I will call this response "#1" for future reference.

I have no idea how Jesus felt about homosexuality...and neither do you.
    It's very clear, plain as day, if you'd only read any of your plethora of Bibles that you claim to have... I think that you're just pretending not to know, iow being dishonest with yourself. I will call this response "#2" for future reference.

Same thing goes for abortion. Jesus never used the word "abortion" in the Bible.
    See #1.

I have no idea how Jesus felt about abortion...and neither do you.
    See #2.

Of course you can make a guess about how he felt about both those things if you want...
    There is no guessing. His condemnation of what we today refer to as 'homosexuality' and 'abortion' is recorded in The Bible for anyone to read.

and there are indicators in the Bible so that your guess would not be a blind guess.
    "Indicators"... alrighty then...

Thank you for openly admitting that I have been correct this whole time and that you've just been playing stupid semantic games with me. Thank you. I GREATLY appreciate it.

This is also where Cypress, if he actually believed any of the BS that he was spouting off to me earlier in this thread, would be jumping in and immediately "correcting you" (in error) that Leviticus is the "word of Moses" and NOT the "word of God".

God was serious about his chosen people/nation being "clean" and about their lifestyle being "set apart from" the destructive ways of other nations, hence all of the laws/ceremonies/etc issued to them (which includes the death penalty for homosexuality that you mention here).

I don't think that my (would be a very minority position) calling for the death penalty for homosexuality would be a very appropriate way to go about convincing such people to repent "before it's too late". I would consider such an approach as described in Leviticus to be more applicable as a "nip it in the bud" sort of thing for a nation that is already set aside as wholly devoted to following the ways of God.

Nowadays, in this nation that was formerly the USA, I would consider a much gentler approach to convincing such people to believe in God's saving grace through faith alone, as a gentler approach would be a much more effective way of working to bring as many people as possible over to God "before it's too late". Telling homosexuals that they should be put to death is not going to convert a single one of them over to the ways of Christianity (and death doesn't give them the time to convert; it actually takes it away).
    Last edited by gfm7175; 05-23-2023 at 10:02 AM.

14. #897 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you are asking why I am so negative toward what you call "God" (that god of the Bible)...well...I am (mostly) negative toward that god for the same reason I am (mostly) negative toward Hannibal Lecter. Hannibal Lecter engages in reprehensible conduct...and so does your god. If I knew a human who would say, "If you offend me, I will retaliate by repeatedly smashing you in the head with a sledgehammer"...I would be mostly negative toward that person. Your god does a version of that. It says, "If you offend me, I will retaliate by torturing you for all the rest of eternity."

My question to you would be: Why are YOU not mostly negative toward this god?
    You mean BLM, Antifa, and a significant chunk of Democrats who regularly call for violence and/or become violent whenever they don't get their way on something? You seem to be mostly positive towards those people...
    Last edited by gfm7175; 05-23-2023 at 10:17 AM.

15. #898 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    You are purposely fixating on something that doesn't matter and nobody was even talking about. So that specific word wasn't coined yet... whoopity doo. The concept still existed back then, and the concept is what is being discussed, not the existence of a specific word to describe the concept. IOW, you're purposely being a moron about this. I will call this response "#1" for future reference.

It's very clear, plain as day, if you'd only read any of your plethora of Bibles that you claim to have... I think that you're just pretending not to know, iow being dishonest with yourself. I will call this response "#2" for future reference.

See #1.

See #2.

There is no guessing. His condemnation of what we today refer to as 'homosexuality' and 'abortion' is recorded in The Bible for anyone to read.

"Indicators"... alrighty then...

Thank you for openly admitting that I have been correct this whole time and that you've just been playing stupid semantic games with me. Thank you. I GREATLY appreciate it.

This is also where Cypress, if he actually believed any of the BS that he was spouting off to me earlier in this thread, would be jumping in and immediately "correcting you" (in error) that Leviticus is the "word of Moses" and NOT the "word of God".

God was serious about his chosen people/nation being "clean" and about their lifestyle being "set apart from" the destructive ways of other nations, hence all of the laws/ceremonies/etc issued to them (which includes the death penalty for homosexuality that you mention here).

I don't think that my (would be a very minority position) calling for the death penalty for homosexuality would be a very appropriate way to go about convincing such people to repent "before it's too late". I would consider such an approach as described in Leviticus to be more applicable as a "nip it in the bud" sort of thing for a nation that is already set aside as wholly devoted to following the ways of God.

Nowadays, in this nation that was formerly the USA, I would consider a much gentler approach to convincing such people to believe in God's saving grace through faith alone, as a gentler approach would be a much more effective way of working to bring as many people as possible over to God "before it's too late". Telling homosexuals that they should be put to death is not going to convert a single one of them over to the ways of Christianity (and death doesn't give them the time to convert; it actually takes it away).
    You truly are an asshole, gfm...but that probably is what makes you so likeable. Not many people would go out of their way to look as much a jerk as go out of your way to look.

Jesus NEVER used the word "homosexual"...or it Aramaic, Greek, or Hebrew equivalent THAT IS RECORDED IN THE BIBLE.

Anyone with an ounce of integrity (which obviously excludes you) would have simply acknowledged that...and then gone on to the other thing you want to use as a diversion.

I thank you for the entertainment.

Do continue.

16. #899 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    You mean BLM, Antifa, and a significant chunk of Democrats who regularly call for violence and/or become violent whenever they don't get their way on something? You seem to be mostly positive towards those people...
    Only in a warped mind is that so...and since it is so in your mind...I guess we understand what that signifies.

17. #900 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Only in a warped mind is that so...and since it is so in your mind...I guess we understand what that signifies.

So you have chosen THIS response: ------->

Got it.