Thread: God

1. #961 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 2,031 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    --misdirection and pivoting--
    I'll accept your tacit confession that you are desperate to EVADE my questions and that you will avoid them at all costs.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

Lightbringer (05-27-2023)

3. #962 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    I'll accept your tacit confession that you are desperate to EVADE my questions and that you will avoid them at all costs.
    You don't "ask questions" in good faith, and you aren't genuinely interested in any answers.

The last time you attempted to compose a "gotcha!" post about a book I read it blew up in your face and you ran away from the thread like a little girl -->

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...45#post5597945

You don't get access to my time until you show some integrity and maturity m

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-27-2023)

5. #963 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,631 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

You don't "ask questions" in good faith, and you aren't genuinely interested in any answers.

The last time you attempted to compose a "gotcha!" post about a book I read it blew up in your face and you ran away from the thread like a little girl -->

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...45#post5597945

You don't get access to my time until you show some integrity and maturity m
    He also runs and hides when proved wrong. Sybil really does live in his own world.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (05-27-2023)

7. #964 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    He also runs and hides when proved wrong. Sybil really does live in his own world.
    Like I said, it doesn't "ask questions" in good faith.

I get a foul whiff of mental illness from that one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-27-2023)

9. #965 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Like I said, it doesn't "ask questions" in good faith.

I get a foul whiff of mental illness from that one.
    His manifesto, chronic lying about his socks and political views all indicate severe mental illness. He has average or better intelligence and education, but definitely wacky.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (05-27-2023)

11. #966 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You don't "ask questions" in good faith,
    You don't get to declare the "faith" of my questions. My question are my questions, and your job is to answer them, not to EVADE them, especially not with LAME excuses that stretch the boundaries of absurdity.

... and you aren't genuinely interested in any answers.
    You don't get to declare whether or not I want answers to my questions. If I ask a question, it's because I want an answer.

The last time you attempted to compose a "gotcha!"
    I don't compose GOTCHA's. You EVADE legitimate questions because you are a pretender who has no business speaking at the adult's table.

post about a book I read it blew up in your face
    You fled that discussion also the moment I asked you a grown-up question that you, of course, could not answer. Your track record is 0% on providing correct answers, if I'm not mistaken.

Let's review:

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Buddhism simply doesnt concern itself with gods.
    Incorrect. The Dhammapada is chock full of references to gods, spirits, Devas, descriptions of Hell.
    I'm going to ask you to identify two gods referenced in the Dhammapada. I don't remember any gods being mentioned.

For your convenience I have included the Dhammapada (with English translation) here:https://www.ancient-buddhist-texts.n...pada/index.htm
    I'm not going to discuss the Dhammapada with someone who ... [lame EVASION omitted] [lack of identification of two gods omitted]
    You haven't read it, have you? On the other hand, you know that I've read it because I was able to call bullshit on your error. You are now EVADING because you realize that I have a good understanding of the Dhammapada and that you do not. You are EVADING because you were once again caught trying to roleplay a thmart perthon and we're revealed to be ignorant on the topic. There is a valid reason that you lack credibility.

All you had to do was to identify two gods in the Dhammapada, which you assert is "chock full" of gods and other supernatural entities. You instead rushed to somehow disqualify me from being able to ask any questions.
    [message-board pivot omitted] [declaration fallacy omitted][American-clique pivot omitted][The Dhammapada] is chock full of references to the diety Mara, Hell, Devas, and samsara.
    You still haven't posted any quotes from the Dhammapada to support your claim, and I only asked for two. Two gods.

Mara is the weakness of the flesh that all humans have and that requires discipline to conquer, whether to maintain a diet or to take a cold shower when you aren't getting any. Mara is often anthropomorphized in stories, but those are purely allegorical.

Devas are just running characters in stories (parables, fables, etc..) like Sherlock Holmes. They aren't gods.

Samsara is not a god; it is essentially this plane of existence whereby people are mere pain accumulators, from the moment of birth, through life, and then in rebirth through reincarnation. Samsara is the cold, hard, cruel world, as opposed to Nirvana.

Hell is another plane of existence, i.e. the underworld.

You aren't aware of any gods in the Dhammapada; you were just trying to sound really thmart and got carried away writing about something of which you know nothing. You obviously haven't even read it.
    There are no gods in Buddhism. The religion has a great deal of spirituality and supernatural concepts, but there are no deities. If you had bothered to read the Dhammapada before impulsively rushing to thound really thmart, you might not have made the junior-league rookie errors that you did. Apply this lesson to science and learn some before impulsively rushing to make stupid, scientifically illiterate, bandwidth-wasting comments.

0%. You haven't answered any of my questions, and I'm not the only one posting on JPP who knows exactly why.

You don't get access to my time until you show some integrity and maturity
    I am not interested in sitting down and coloring with you at the children's table.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

12. #967 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,573 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 156 Times in 143 Posts

The topic is if God can make a rock He can’t move

13. #968 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerpeach View Post
    The topic is if God can make a rock He can’t move
    Yes he can.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

14. #969 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,573 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 156 Times in 143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Yes he can.
    I agree

15. #970 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

God is not your enemy. By "God", I mean the force behind the creation of our Universe. If a lightning bolt strikes you down, it's because you were stupid about bein in the open during a thunderstorm. If you drop dead of a heart attack in your 60s is because you chose to eat too much fat, smoke and not get enough exercise. If you are caught in a hurricane, it's because you choose to live in a hurricane area. Same for an earthquake. God is not after you or causing these problems. We choose for ourselves.
    The universe was created by a giant talking walrus.

16. #971 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    The universe was created by a giant talking walrus.
    The walrus was Paul.

17. #972 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    with a friend like God, who worries about enemies?......
    Pretty wild that your god would tear open pregnant women’s wombs in the Old Testament.

18. #973 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pretty wild that your god would tear open pregnant women’s wombs in the Old Testament.
    Pmp's god is the Dark Lord; Satan. You haven't noticed?

19. #974 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 39 Posts

More than likely math proves the suicidal super ego sociopsychopathilogical homicidal human farming of "man is God" with Christiananality pedophilia as way too dang lily brilliant white in forgiving themselves for an Islam human reproduction medical pseudoscience fabricated virgin Mary son of Allah immaculate Jesus the Christ conception survival of the fittest fascists Peter Principle pyramid scheme continuation of Nazi economics thieving US Constitution Bill of Rights arsonists "one nation under God with equal justice under law" Klues Klucks duh Klans schizoid behavioral disorders.....

20. #975 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He also runs and hides when proved wrong.
    That's not me running and hiding. That's what the world looks like when your male nurse is having his way with you.