Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Thread: The main issue with Christianity

1. #841 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,851 Times in 2,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    gfm (I wish there were a name I could use)
    Just call him "Professor" ... you know, as someone who professes the Word of God, just to keep it simple.

This has been an exercise in proving that 2 + 2 = 4 in base 10.
    Perhaps it has been an exercise in adding 2 plus 2, but you haven't tried to prove the correct answer is 4.

They are terrified of the god...there is no way they would ever say it did anything wrong.
    You have made your accusation indistinguishable from one hurled against a perfect, loving God who would never do anything wrong.

And at that time I even acknowledged that Christians would not agree.
    If the discussion is what Christians believe, and not what Frank Apisa believes, about a God that Frank Apisa does not believe exists, and Frank Apisa acknowledges that Christians will disagree with what Frank Apisa claims Christians believe, ... methinks Frank Apisa is knowingly lying.

Do you disagree with my comments on the absurdity of this discussion?
    The discussion is excellently exposing the absurdity of your position.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

2. #842 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,247 Times in 7,659 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    gfm works perfectly.

You're right that Christianity doesn't consider God's actions to be murder/genocide.

The point is that, in order to conclude that the Christian God is a murderer, one has to either elevate some other law above God's law or else change the nature of God into something that it is not (usually via excluding parts of it).
    Of course Christians do not think their god's actions to be murder/genocide. But so what? There may not even be a god. Christians may be wrong about that. And the action of the god of the Bible...clearly ARE murder/genocide.

This is great stuff, especially the part that I bolded. Why do I say this? Because it is making an appeal to an anonymous "highest law". A Christian identifies this "highest law" as 'God', specifically his perfect nature. Here, you are alluding to some "highest law" but aren't identifying it.
    I am not alluding to any highest law...and I do not care in any way about what Christians identify as a god; its law; or its perfect nature.

If the kind of thing attributed to the god of the Bible had been attributed instead to some tyrannical head of state...we would agree that it was murder/genocide.

As I mentioned above, you are making reference to some anonymous "highest law". What is this "highest law" of which you speak?
    I did? Where?

I asked that question to get your position on the topic. Your position is that the Christian God committed murder/genocide. We both agree that, according to Christianity, no murder/genocide was committed. You still feel that the Christian God did commit murder/genocide, and have made appeal to some higher moral law. What is this higher moral law of which you speak and why is it the universal final arbiter of right/wrong?
    Where did I make the "appeal to some higher moral law?"
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (05-25-2023)