Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The demonization of transgenders

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Default The demonization of transgenders

It's so disheartening to see the conservative reaction to this incident. Obviously, transgenders are woefully misunderstood in this world. I can't help but feel for them. With many groups that used to be demonized, there has been a lot of progress - particularly the gay community. But this is still an area where it's perfectly acceptable to openly preach hate.

Which is what a certain commentator on Fox is doing right now, proclaiming that they think they are "gods" and are killing Christians intentionally because Christians don't believe in "false idols", and all of the other nonsense he's been spewing. This is before a motive has even been established, mind you.

It's pretty disgusting, but again, it's in the realm of "acceptable" for most of their viewers. I can't imagine what it must be like to be born feeling like my body is a different gender from how I feel in my mind. That alone would be an incredible challenge for me to deal with, throughout life. But now the "good Christians" of the world are adding to that by demonizing this group, and encouraging hate & intolerance for choices they should have every right to as free citizens.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At BartenderElite For This Awful Post:

serendipity (03-31-2023), The Sage of Main Street (03-30-2023)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-30-2023)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    It's so disheartening to see the conservative reaction to this incident. Obviously, transgenders are woefully misunderstood in this world. I can't help but feel for them. With many groups that used to be demonized, there has been a lot of progress - particularly the gay community. But this is still an area where it's perfectly acceptable to openly preach hate.

Which is what a certain commentator on Fox is doing right now, proclaiming that they think they are "gods" and are killing Christians intentionally because Christians don't believe in "false idols", and all of the other nonsense he's been spewing. This is before a motive has even been established, mind you.

It's pretty disgusting, but again, it's in the realm of "acceptable" for most of their viewers. I can't imagine what it must be like to be born feeling like my body is a different gender from how I feel in my mind. That alone would be an incredible challenge for me to deal with, throughout life. But now the "good Christians" of the world are adding to that by demonizing this group, and encouraging hate & intolerance for choices they should have every right to as free citizens.
    Maybe they shouldn't kill innocents especially children.
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

5. The Following User Groans At Yakuda For This Awful Post:

BartenderElite (03-30-2023)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

unless much better science comes up and can explain what, exactly, causes a person to believe they are trapped in the wrong gender, it needs to be classified as a mental issue. Now, that being said, mental issues range across the spectrum from simple but annoying shit, like OCD, all the way up to homicidal rage fits...........

It's pretty sad that some people have to 'demonize', or even simply insult, people who are considered 'abnormal'...........but then both sides do stuff like that, depending upon the abnormality............

so I find it a bit hypocritical when people complain about it happening, but only when it's done about subjects the person finds ok.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    What the hell kind of comment is that?

Are we doing that now? Whenever a shooter is affiliated with a group - the whole group is guilty?

Yeah, I know the left does it. But you just did the same.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    unless much better science comes up and can explain what, exactly, causes a person to believe they are trapped in the wrong gender, it needs to be classified as a mental issue. Now, that being said, mental issues range across the spectrum from simple but annoying shit, like OCD, all the way up to homicidal rage fits...........

It's pretty sad that some people have to 'demonize', or even simply insult, people who are considered 'abnormal'...........but then both sides do stuff like that, depending upon the abnormality............

so I find it a bit hypocritical when people complain about it happening, but only when it's done about subjects the person finds ok.
    That's the part thats most aggravating, the hypocrisy of the left.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,179 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Generalize much?

Doesn't that say more about you than them?

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post

I'd call that a fair & thoughtful counter-argument.

I don't like demonization of any individual for their choices. It's weird, but I even feel that way about criminals (though I obviously find their individual ACTIONS to be repugnant in most cases). It has more to do w/ my spiritual beliefs, which would probably be villified if I went into detail here. But I just feel like we all go to the same place in the end, and that this existence is a classroom, not a courtroom.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What the hell kind of comment is that?

Are we doing that now? Whenever a shooter is affiliated with a group - the whole group is guilty?

Yeah, I know the left does it. But you just did the same.
    Then maybe the fucking leftists will FINALLY get a clue and stop doing it. Ive noticed a lot of times that leftists really hate being treated they way they treat others.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Generalize much?

Doesn't that say more about you than them?
    As much as it says about leftists when they do it. I notice leftists hate being treated they way they treat others.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

But I just feel like we all go to the same place in the end, and that this existence is a classroom, not a courtroom.
    I like that. I may borrow that sometime.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,179 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

As much as it says about leftists when they do it. I notice leftists hate being treated they way they treat others.
    Sir, it's no longer the Left Vs. Right!

It has become Trumptards- Vs. EVERYBODY ELSE!

And Everybody else has been winning the National Elections!

Keep Everybody else coming our way! The more the merrier!

And thanks! Everybody else loves to win!

While Everybody else is going to enjoy this upcoming 2024 election and looking forward to winning it again!

While the Trumpatards are still kissing Donald Trump's ass, Everybody else will be kissing TRUMP AND HIS TRUMPTARDS GOODBYE! [Geeko Sportivo]

Bye Bye Now!

Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 03-30-2023 at 12:49 PM.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Sir, it's no longer the Left Vs. Right!

It has become Trumptards- Vs. EVERYBODY ELSE!

And Everybody else has been winning the National Elections!

Keep Everybody else coming our way! The more the merrier!

And thanks! Everybody else loves to win!

While Everybody else is going to enjoy this upcoming 2024 election and looking forward to winning it again!

While the Trumpatards are still kissing Donald Trump's ass, Everybody else will be kissing TRUMP AND HIS TRUMPTARDS GOODBYE! [Geeko Sportivo]

Bye Bye Now!

As I said leftists hate being treated the way they treat others. Look how you're behaving and all because I spoke to you the way you speak to others.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,633 Times in 5,141 Posts
    Blog Entries

They? How many of “them” are doing that compared to Trumppers? How dumb and fucked up can you be?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

imagine someone painting themselves in blackface, going to their job, and feeling like it is their right and they can't be fired

transgender rights are bullshit rights

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    They? How many of “them” are doing that compared to Trumppers? How dumb and fucked up can you be?
    No dumber than anyone who things a man is a woman simply because that person "feels" like a woman. Thats retarded. I know precisely how dumb and fucked up you are. No need for me to ask.