Thread: Please stop asking me to address gun violence, I'm busy banning books

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,839 Times in 14,181 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Please stop asking me to address gun violence, I'm busy banning books

Hello, I’m a Republican lawmaker, and while I’m heartbroken over Monday’s horrific elementary school shooting in Nashville, I’d appreciate it if people would stop asking me to do something to prevent such tragedies from happening again.

I’m a busy person, and there are many important issues I and my colleagues are addressing in our quest to make the world a safe place for children. For example, books. They are often bad. Lawmakers like myself at the local, state and federal level are doing everything we can to make sure dangerous books don’t wind up in the hands of children.

Let’s get our priorities straight, shall we?

I have colleagues in Missouri who, right now, are bravely working to defund the state’s public libraries, known repositories of potentially deadly (if a bookshelf falls on you) books.

Then there are drag shows, which have not technically “killed” or “injured” or “harmed in any way” a single person, but they pose an obvious existential threat because I want to be quoted on Fox News.

We must protect our kids from drag performances, which is why Republican lawmakers in Tennessee recently banned them in public places and anywhere children might be present.

https://news.yahoo.com/please-stop-a...185517471.html
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,839 Times in 14,181 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,821 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Guns will not harm school kids, but reading the wrong books will.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

All part of the GOP’s woke wars, pretty funny, centering on a word they can’t even define. Sells on Fox and with the primary voting base