Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pence Must Testify to Jan. 6 Grand Jury, Judge Rules

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    I fully believe that Mike Pence will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth....which is why there's a good chance one of Trump's Pedo Nazis will try to assassinate him before he can testify...just like they did on 1/6.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/28/u...rand-jury.html
    Pence Must Testify to Jan. 6 Grand Jury, Judge Rules
    The ruling in Washington was the latest setback to efforts by former President Donald J. Trump’s legal team to limit testimony to grand juries investigating him on various matters.
    It will just be postponed, delayed, and appealed forever, common tactic

2. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-29-2023)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,485 Times in 52,488 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I bet he takes the Fifth 180 times. If he intended to tell the truth, he wouldn't have thrown lawyers at the grand jury demanding his presence.
    I'm guessing he doesn't take it once....but if he does, he can never again hold his head up in church or expect to become President.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-29-2023), ThatOwlWoman (03-29-2023)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    It will just be postponed, delayed, and appealed forever, common tactic
    Possibly, but that gives the appearance of guilt and goes against American ideals of truth and justice.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing he doesn't take it once....but if he does, he can never again hold his head up in church or expect to become President.
    Well, maybe not that last part. After all, look at all the RWers drooling to get Trump back on the throne. He took the Fifth just recently, over 400 times, in his testimony.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-29-2023)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Well, maybe not that last part. After all, look at all the RWers drooling to get Trump back on the throne. He took the Fifth just recently, over 400 times, in his testimony.
    He's far behind Pedo Don and Meatball Ron. I doubt he'll catch up. Smart, rational Republicans will try to push Nikki, but I doubt there are enough of them to make it happen.

The Democrats are wishing it will be Trump, but, at present, I'm guessing it will be DeSantis. Unlike the rest of the field, Pence won't be running for VP. Nikki could still be a good VP candidate to soften Ron's image. Casey DeSantis would like it too.

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/po...-nominee-odds/

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QP! View Post
    I am curious that laws you think Pence broke that he feels he might be indicted for? I cannot think of any.

You cannot plead the 5th just to not disclose things. You can only take it if you believe your answer will put you in legal jeopardy as you would be disclosing a law you believed you broke.

If Pence was to take the 5th, I think Jack Smith would just give him immunity for what he discloses and then demand he disclose. Then if Pence did not disclose, and honestly, he would be putting himself in real legal jeopardy. Would he lie and risk going to jail for Trump? Why would he do that?
    Previously I didn't think Pence broke any laws; in fact, I saw him as a potential victim of the mob who had a lucky escape, and as trump's punching bag after he refused to "overturn" the election.

Now I wonder why he lawyered up and tried so hard to keep from giving testimony in the 1/6 investigation. He claimed executive privilege but the judge didn't buy it. He even said he's willing to take the battle to SCOTUS.

Pence will have to answer questions re: any criminality by trump, not any crime committed by himself. It's his duty but he doesn't want to do it. According to The Hill, he's using this lame argument in his defense: "Pence’s team planned to roll out an unusual argument in the case, saying testimony would violate the “speech and debate” clause of the Constitution which shields legislators from being questioned in any other place” beyond legislative chambers."

Guess I'm a lot more cynical than you because I don't believe that being faithful to his religious beliefs will keep him from refusing to answer questions that might show him in a bad light.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    He should have reported this to the FBI immediately

Instead he called a bunch of people like Dan Quale and asked them if he should do that

I hope all those people them called the FBI
    Calling Dan Quayle didn't look good for him. Supposedly he understands the Constitution and the election rules, and he could have gone to his own lawyers with questions. Even we JPP posters know about the ceremonial role of counting electoral votes, so why did the VP even have to ask another's opinion about it.

― Charles Dickens

11. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

evince (03-30-2023)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,270 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 247 Times in 241 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Previously I didn't think Pence broke any laws; in fact, I saw him as a potential victim of the mob who had a lucky escape, and as trump's punching bag after he refused to "overturn" the election.

Now I wonder why he lawyered up and tried so hard to keep from giving testimony in the 1/6 investigation. He claimed executive privilege but the judge didn't buy it. He even said he's willing to take the battle to SCOTUS.

Pence will have to answer questions re: any criminality by trump, not any crime committed by himself. It's his duty but he doesn't want to do it. According to The Hill, he's using this lame argument in his defense: "Pence’s team planned to roll out an unusual argument in the case, saying testimony would violate the “speech and debate” clause of the Constitution which shields legislators from being questioned in any other place” beyond legislative chambers."

Guess I'm a lot more cynical than you because I don't believe that being faithful to his religious beliefs will keep him from refusing to answer questions that might show him in a bad light.
    People are confused as to why top Republicans who clearly hate Trump, and top Fox who clearly hate Trump, will support him and not put a bullet in him when they have the chance when they want him gone.

It is not a tough question to answer. The answer starts at the 26 second mark of this video.

Any Republican who is not seen as FIGHTING for Trump, in his challenges will lose a big part of his base going forward and while there is no guarantee they get them anyway, they all hold on to that HOPE.

So while Pence and so many others are crossing their fingers that a Prosecution can take Trump out of the picture, they will 'fight for Trump' as it happens, while hoping Trump loses and goes to jail but they can then say 'I fought for Trump... vote for me and lets continue his legacy'.

Republicans care about power and ruling more than anything else. So they will not risk losing the Trump base to get rid of him. Getting rid of Trump and not winning any elections as a big percent of the 30% of his support stays home, would destroy them, just as Lindsey Graham once said.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to QP! For This Post:

evince (03-30-2023)

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Calling Dan Quayle didn't look good for him. Supposedly he understands the Constitution and the election rules, and he could have gone to his own lawyers with questions.

Even we JPP posters know about the ceremonial role of counting electoral votes, so why did the VP even have to ask another's opinion about it.
    I think Pence talked to a lot of people. Quayle was probably the most prominent person outside the loop at the time.

My guess is that Pence was getting conflicting information for legal advisors....Trump legal advisors.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-30-2023)

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think Pence talked to a lot of people. Quayle was probably the most prominent person outside the loop at the time.

My guess is that Pence was getting conflicting information for legal advisors....Trump legal advisors.
    That makes a lot of sense. Possibly he wanted to be sure there were no loopholes.

― Charles Dickens

17. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-30-2023)

18. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That makes a lot of sense. Possibly he wanted to be sure there were no loopholes.
    No doubt. He weenied out deciding between doing the right thing and saving his political career. I'm thinking he's not even as bright as Meatball Ron...which might explain why Trump chose him as VP.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-30-2023)