Thread: Audrey Hale's Artwork

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The story noted that the family had no idea that Aiden was buying firearms, in fact it notes that the family believed that Aiden had given up the only weapon they knew that Aiden owned. The story notes that they didn't think Aiden (Audrey) should have weapons and that (he) had given up the one weapon they knew (he) had purchased.
    I looked it up. It appears that her name Aiden is a unconfirmed rumor.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,173 Times in 10,668 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

The story noted that the family had no idea that Aiden was buying firearms, in fact it notes that the family believed that Aiden had given up the only weapon they knew that Aiden owned. The story notes that they didn't think Aiden (Audrey) should have weapons and that (he) had given up the one weapon they knew (he) had purchased.
    Then the parents should have notified the local police who should have contacted the FBI which would have prohibited the purchase of a firearm via form 4473.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I looked it up. It appears that her name Aiden is a unconfirmed rumor.
    Well. I still believe folks are misgendering a trans person, and only due to political nonsense. In a world where a student can make my wife use different (often made up) pronouns every week in a classroom. I prefer to use either they/them until I am sure, and I do not like deadnaming folks. While I do not support medically changing underage children to meet an assumed gender, I do support folks living as they will so long as it does not harm another. Using the name they choose is important to me.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

AProudLefty (03-28-2023), Guno צְבִי (03-28-2023)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Then the parents should have notified the local police who should have contacted the FBI which would have prohibited the purchase of a firearm via form 4473.
    If you approached a family member about this, they then gave you the only weapon they owned (at least according to all your knowledge), would you then contact the FBI to get them on a list that they would likely never escape from forever until the end of time?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

AProudLefty (03-28-2023), Guno צְבִי (03-28-2023)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well. I still believe folks are misgendering a trans person, and only due to political nonsense. In a world where a student can make my wife use different (often made up) pronouns every week in a classroom. I prefer to use either they/them until I am sure, and I do not like deadnaming folks. While I do not support medically changing underage children to meet an assumed gender, I do support folks living as they will so long as it does not harm another. Using the name they choose is important to me.
    Yeah. Well I still refer to her as "her" or "she" until otherwise stated.

If she was truly trans, it would have been obvious by things like changing her name and announcing her gender identity on social media and elsewhere.

However, I still fail to see how her gender identity is relevant.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-28-2023)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You got assblasted by THE BOSS.

Cope hard.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,989 Times in 8,360 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

What would you?
    I'd only change one thing.
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    I'd only change one thing.
    Your ugly face?

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you approached a family member about this, they then gave you the only weapon they owned (at least according to all your knowledge), would you then contact the FBI to get them on a list that they would likely never escape from forever until the end of time?
    If I thought they were a danger to themselves or others yes I would. That includes locking up any meds. There are always signs. Too many parents live in denial.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your ugly face?
    No, although it might help, the ugliness of face is not the real problem. What I would do however is disencumber people from the galactically retarded notion that their fucking feelings should decide what the world should be like. In other words free the world of the cancer that is leftism, liberalism but the hideously evil ideology of leftism. That's you cunt mouth.

BTW my dog found out he looked like you and he hung himself.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, although it might help, the ugliness of face is not the real problem. What I would do however is disencumber people from the galactically retarded notion that their fucking feelings should decide what the world should be like. In other words free the world of the cancer that is leftism, liberalism but the hideously evil ideology of leftism. That's you cunt mouth.

BTW my dog found out he looked like you and he hung himself.
    I bet your mommy helped you type that.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If I thought they were a danger to themselves or others yes I would. That includes locking up any meds. There are always signs. Too many parents live in denial.
    You would be the rare outsider then. Anyway, there is no provision in any law that allows the FBI to list someone simply because a family member calls. While it can open an investigation to see if they are a danger, it would not automatically list someone so they could not buy a gun.

The latest law signed by the current pResident in 2022 does have a provision to "strongly suggest" and even "motivate" states to pass red flag laws that would allow the states' courts to order firearms removal from the house of someone reported to the court (after a hearing even they can't just take guns because mom called), it (the law) does not allow the FBI to just list someone whose mother has called and to take away their right to own and bear arms based on the undocumented and uninvestigated report made by a family member.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I bet your mommy helped you type that.
    But apparently yours, like you, doesnt understand it either.

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But apparently yours, like you, doesnt understand it either.
    I am glad your mommy gets to help you. It does make you sound smart.

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You would be the rare outsider then. Anyway, there is no provision in any law that allows the FBI to list someone simply because a family member calls. While it can open an investigation to see if they are a danger, it would not automatically list someone so they could not buy a gun.

The latest law signed by the current pResident in 2022 does have a provision to "strongly suggest" and even "motivate" states to pass red flag laws that would allow the states' courts to order firearms removal from the house of someone reported to the court (after a hearing even they can't just take guns because mom called), it (the law) does not allow the FBI to just list someone whose mother has called and to take away their right to own and bear arms based on the undocumented and uninvestigated report made by a family member.
    In my state the requirement to purchase a handgun requires the purchaser to either have a carry permit or a permit to purchase a handgun which is issued by the buyers local police chief. Parents notifing their local police department could at least put up questions that might have blocked the issuance of the permit until more information was obtained.
    In general, I am against most red flag laws on constitutional grounds. A pissed off ex can call the police and they come and confiscate the guns BEFORE you are found to be guilty of the charges. You have to hire a lawyer and prove your innocence. It's a fine line but it can, and has, led to violations of rights.
    Truth be told, I am a certified firearms instructor and following the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, my co workers and I saw an increase in the gay population reaching out for some instruction. We offered our help with a wide variety of our personal firearms and ammo at no cost to them. We did what we could to make them confident and safe. Some followed up and others decided to go in another direction.