Thread: Sen. Hawley calls for 'tough, tenacious' inspector general to oversee Ukraine aid

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Sen. Hawley calls for 'tough, tenacious' inspector general to oversee Ukraine aid

The Senate is expected to vote this week on an amendment from Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., to establish a Senate-approved watchdog over the billions of dollars the U.S. has sent to Ukraine, as senators work their way toward the expected repeal of the 1991 and 2002 Iraq war authorizations.

Hawley told Fox News Digital on Monday evening that the right person for the job would be "tough, tenacious," and said the ideal candidate would be similar to John Sopko, the current special inspector general for Afghanistan.

"He's done a terrific job – maybe he'd like to do this job. I mean, he already knows how to do it. And that's winding down," Hawley said in reference to Sopko’s work on Afghanistan. "Maybe he'd like to shift over to Ukraine. I think that would probably be my first choice, but somebody like him, who's been tough, tenacious, and independent.".....

Asked about what his argument to his left-wing colleagues would be, Hawley said, "We spent $113 billion on Ukraine. It is now the largest recipient of United States overseas aid, we need to have one watchdog that is fully accounting for everything we spent and how it’s being used. It’s very simple."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jos...ee-ukraine-aid
    ==================================

I'm very pro Ukraine. I think we should help them win. But I agree with Hawley we should account for every penny we send them. I want ALL the money to go towards fighting Russia. I don't want any of it bled away into secret bank accounts.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't want Ukrainians driving gold plated Mercedes on US money. The price of missiles is high enough.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 9,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    The Senate is expected to vote this week on an amendment from Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., to establish a Senate-approved watchdog over the billions of dollars the U.S. has sent to Ukraine, as senators work their way toward the expected repeal of the 1991 and 2002 Iraq war authorizations.

Hawley told Fox News Digital on Monday evening that the right person for the job would be "tough, tenacious," and said the ideal candidate would be similar to John Sopko, the current special inspector general for Afghanistan.

"He's done a terrific job – maybe he'd like to do this job. I mean, he already knows how to do it. And that's winding down," Hawley said in reference to Sopko’s work on Afghanistan. "Maybe he'd like to shift over to Ukraine. I think that would probably be my first choice, but somebody like him, who's been tough, tenacious, and independent.".....

Asked about what his argument to his left-wing colleagues would be, Hawley said, "We spent $113 billion on Ukraine. It is now the largest recipient of United States overseas aid, we need to have one watchdog that is fully accounting for everything we spent and how it’s being used. It’s very simple."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jos...ee-ukraine-aid
    ==================================

I'm very pro Ukraine. I think we should help them win. But I agree with Hawley we should account for every penny we send them. I want ALL the money to go towards fighting Russia. I don't want any of it bled away into secret bank accounts.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,565 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    I don't want Ukrainians driving gold plated Mercedes on US money. The price of missiles is high enough.
    Is there such a thing? Do you drive a gold-plated Mercedes?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

lets just make it simple. No more money or aid at all. you will never track it all down at this point, all the cuts have been made and distributed.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.