Thread: The Nashville Shooter has been identified as 28 year-old Audrey Hale

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Why do you keep calling this person gay? Was it announced somewhere?
    There is also no evidence that they were "treated badly" by the school. At this point Jarod is just guessing. Though it does make my post about the narratives on news agencies and how this story will be treated more accurate.

If we find out that this person was just mentally ill they (mainstream news agencies) will simply drop this hot rock on the ground and run away. If they find out they were told by the school that they were "sinning" in some way, they will grab on even if this hot rock will give them blisters.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Lionfish (03-27-2023), Matt Dillon (03-28-2023), RB 60 (03-28-2023)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,617 Times in 21,480 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    There is also no evidence that they were "treated badly" by the school. At this point Jarod is just guessing. Though it does make my post about the narratives on news agencies and how this story will be treated more accurate.

If we find out that this person was just mentally ill they (mainstream news agencies) will simply drop this hot rock on the ground and run away. If they find out they were told by the school that they were "sinning" in some way, they will grab on even if this hot rock will give them blisters.
    Not going to drop it, gun violence against children must be addressed. I jumped the gun in calling this person gay, it was an assumption on my part. I have known a lot of gay people badly damaged by Christian churches telling them it was a sin.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

You just misgendered this person.
    Why does that matter?

Though that may be true it is also rare for a person who suffered that kind of abuse to act out like this. Less rare for them to become victimizers in other ways, their "this is a bad thing" part of their brain often has a thinner wall than that of persons who were not abused.
    It may be a case of severe abuse over a long period of time.

Her looking like that in pictures is a screaming for help.

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I could be totally wrong here but I read this person was transgender. And my understanding is transgender can but does not automatically equal gay. So rather ironic to project others behavior on this person while possibly misidentifying them.

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Three more children sacrificed to Molech of Guns.

Is anyone coordinating the "Thoughts and Prayers"?

7. The Following User Groans At Saint Guinefort For This Awful Post:

Matt Dillon (03-28-2023)

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They may not be transgendered, it may be they simply left a default set of pronouns in the profile. However, some images included seem to indicate that this person is on the rainbow spectrum somewhere other than the dichromatic cis male/female.
    Yeah. She does look androgynous. It doesn't mean anything.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Not going to drop it, gun violence against children must be addressed. I jumped the gun in calling this person gay, it was an assumption on my part. I have known a lot of gay people badly damaged by Christian churches telling them it was a sin.
    You are not mainstream news agencies. I'll maintain my oblique prediction as to how the newsies will handle this. Kind of like Club Q in CO Springs... It dropped out of the nonstop news cycle quickly once it was known the shooter was nonbinary. (We still get more than the average coverage here, but it was "local" for us.)
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Why does that matter?

It may be a case of severe abuse over a long period of time.

Her looking like that in pictures is a screaming for help.
    I hear what you are saying, I just refuse to make such a determination without stronger evidence than how I feel about photos. I am not even 100% that this person was trans yet. Getting a short haircut and wearing a tie doesn't make someone trans.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

AProudLefty (03-27-2023)

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are not mainstream news agencies. I'll maintain my oblique prediction as to how the newsies will handle this. Kind of like Club Q in CO Springs... It dropped out of the nonstop news cycle quickly once it was known the shooter was nonbinary. (We still get more than the average coverage here, but it was "local" for us.)
    I still hear a lot about Club Q. Maybe you are getting your news from bad sources.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I hear what you are saying, I just refuse to make such a determination without stronger evidence than how I feel about photos. I am not even 100% that this person was trans yet. Getting a short haircut and wearing a tie doesn't make someone trans.
    Right. Like I said, she's androgynous. It appears that people jump on a bandwagon assuming that she's trans because she's androgynous and, in that picture, dressed like a man.

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,581 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 92 Times in 88 Posts

Heartbreaking image of pastor’s daughter, 9, shot dead at Nashville school with five others revealed as cops ID victims

Nashville police have identified the six victims of the Covenant School shooting, which includes the private Christian academy’s headmistress.

Officials identified the three slain students as Evelyn Dieckhaus, Hallie Scruggs, and William Kinney, all age 9.

The three faculty members killed were Cynthia Peak and Mike Hill, both 61, and school head Katherine Koonce, 60.

Police said 28-year-old Audrey Hale, a former student and transgender woman, entered the school Monday morning, opening fire at the victims before police shot her dead.

Officers said she was equipped with at least two assault rifles and a handgun, and had entered the school through a side door by shooting at it.

The community is in mourning over the tragedy that befell the small private school, which teaches students in pre-K through 6th grade and only has about 200 students enrolled, according to its website.

Koonce, an educator of more than 23 years, joined the school as the headmistress in 2016. Hill was identified as a custodian, and Peak was a substitute teacher.

The school focuses its curriculum on biblical theology, where students take classes about the bible along with standard education courses, with the school motto being “Shepherding Hearts, Empowering Minds, Celebrating Childhood.”

Nine-year-old Hallie Scruggs was ID’d as one of the victims.

Katherine Koonce, the headmistress of the school, was ID’d as one of the victims.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/27/nashvi...-old-students/

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Heartbreaking image of pastor’s daughter, 9, shot dead at Nashville school with five others revealed as cops ID victims

Nashville police have identified the six victims of the Covenant School shooting, which includes the private Christian academy’s headmistress.

Officials identified the three slain students as Evelyn Dieckhaus, Hallie Scruggs, and William Kinney, all age 9.

The three faculty members killed were Cynthia Peak and Mike Hill, both 61, and school head Katherine Koonce, 60.

Police said 28-year-old Audrey Hale, a former student and transgender woman, entered the school Monday morning, opening fire at the victims before police shot her dead.

Officers said she was equipped with at least two assault rifles and a handgun, and had entered the school through a side door by shooting at it.

The community is in mourning over the tragedy that befell the small private school, which teaches students in pre-K through 6th grade and only has about 200 students enrolled, according to its website.

Koonce, an educator of more than 23 years, joined the school as the headmistress in 2016. Hill was identified as a custodian, and Peak was a substitute teacher.

The school focuses its curriculum on biblical theology, where students take classes about the bible along with standard education courses, with the school motto being “Shepherding Hearts, Empowering Minds, Celebrating Childhood.”

Nine-year-old Hallie Scruggs was ID’d as one of the victims.

Katherine Koonce, the headmistress of the school, was ID’d as one of the victims.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/27/nashvi...-old-students/
    Heartbreaking

LOCK HIM UP!

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I still hear a lot about Club Q. Maybe you are getting your news from bad sources.
    Nonstop news cycles are discussed more heavily here. It isn't who I am getting my news from, it is simply not in the nonstop cycle. While some reports are out there, considering the trial is going on, it is nothing like what you get when the activity is committed by a person who fits within the narrative the agencies want you to see.

The reality, that story dropped out of the nonstop cycle in less than a day after we found out that the bad actor was nonbinary, it fell to normal news cycles and for that type of crime it nearly is nonexistent.

Some LGBTQ+ groups still believe that the nonbinary shooter was "faking it" for the trial, even with that it still dropped out of the nonstop cycle quickly.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nonstop news cycles are discussed more heavily here. It isn't who I am getting my news from, it is simply not in the nonstop cycle. While some reports are out there, considering the trial is going on, it is nothing like what you get when the activity is committed by a person who fits within the narrative the agencies want you to see.

The reality, that story dropped out of the nonstop cycle in less than a day after we found out that the bad actor was nonbinary, it fell to normal news cycles and for that type of crime it nearly is nonexistent.

Some LGBTQ+ groups still believe that the nonbinary shooter was "faking it" for the trial, even with that it still dropped out of the nonstop cycle quickly.
    Ok, I don’t pay a lot of attention to the headline screamers. Nobody should.

A non-binary person can hate just as much as the next person.

LOCK HIM UP!

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,581 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 92 Times in 88 Posts

Nashville suspect is the fifth female mass shooter in US history

The 28-year-old Nashville resident who unleashed deadly terror at a private Christian elementary school in Tennessee on Monday is just the fifth non-male mass shooter in US history, data shows.

Gunman Audrey Hale, who police said identified as transgender, shot dead three children and three adults when she stormed into The Covenant School armed with two assault-style rifles and a pistol.

She was subsequently shot dead by cops after a roughly 14-minute shooting spree.

According to The Violence Project database, women make up just 2% of mass shooters across the country.

The database, which hasn’t yet accounted for the Nashville shooting, shows that just four of the 191 mass shooters it has tracked since 1966 are females.

Two of those four women had partnered with a male gunman, the data shows.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/27/nashvi...in-us-history/